Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord (50th Anniversary set with 5.1 "manipulation" by Jakko Jakszyk).

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very "dated" sounding album. I too, along with a few others on this forum, are also very dated...sooooooooo bring it on! In 5.1 no less!!! Hope the description is accurate and the 5.1 is truly discrete and not some sort of upmix. But it seems that it would be impossible to do a new stereo mix without the multis in hand.

I did not think the Moody Blues had any relevance left!

Then it's time for you to go in search of the LOST CHORD, homey!

ISOTLCPic2.jpg

Holy :poop:! The first Moody Blues album I ever heard and still my favorite start to finish!!! And finally in Hi-rez surround, this is as unexpected and mind blowing as The White album & Electric Ladyland more so since I never ever thought it would be a possibility. What else can 1968 possible have in store for us surroundies in 2018?

House of Four Doors, Legend of a Mind, House of Four Doors (Part 2) in surround....should be EPIC!

I think the wikipedia entry from above is in error regarding the SACDs as being redone in 5.1.
Hard for me to remember exactly but at best they were faux 5.0

This is great news, as this is the only one of the "Classic Seven" that never had a quad mix back in the day, and consequently never had a 5.1 SACD release because there was no quad mix to go back to.

Quite an astounding release out of nowhere, as back when SACD was hot at retail would have been the time to do a new 5.1 mix to call attention to the original Moodies 5.1 SACD program.

No more home upmixes of this album, and hopefully whoever does it, does it well. Still, it's hard to believe that it will be a complete new remix. I mean they could pull the old upmix trick on the tracks where the masters were lost - if they were lost. Time will tell I suppose.

Fingers crossed and ears ready.

one of my favorite all time songs and from the Moody's to boot in now glorious 5.1

Timothy Leary's dead
No, no, he's outside looking in
He'll fly his astral plane
Takes you trips around the bay
Brings you back the same day
Timothy Leary, Timothy Leary

This song is not only fitting now that Timothy's gone but it also was released the same year I was born (possibly even recorded the same month)

cosmic serendipity

so excited

Last edited:

If they have one of their
one of my favorite all time songs and from the Moody's to boot in now glorious 5.1

Timothy Leary's dead
No, no, he's outside looking in
He'll fly his astral plane
Takes you trips around the bay
Brings you back the same day
Timothy Leary, Timothy Leary

so excited

I heard white~robed, barefoot Timothy Leary speak at my college back in the very late 60's. Didn't understand a word he said. Guess you HAD to be on LSD!

Love that song, as well.

Back