Moody Blues - "The Actor" - check this out

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I was thinking about the ISOTLC and the manipulation and all that, and I decided to see what I, an old geezer with a PC could do with the files. I ripped the 24-48 stereo track from the new release and came up with this. What do you all think? I'd really like to hear.

This is a one minute sample, which is legal to share (they tell me). If it's not, I'll remove it. I am basically posting it just so you can see what actually can be done with some down and dirty manipulation by someone with little knowledge about such things.

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/miscstuff/TheActor-1_Min.wav

Make sure you right click and Save Link As, then play it on your PC or whatever, as it's a 24-48 5.1 .wav file

Actor 1 Min.jpg

Everyone was raving about the stereo track on the new box set, so I started with that.

Ran that stereo wav file through Izotope RX-7 and removed the vocals - saved the file. [FILE 1: No Vocals]
Ran that stereo wav file through Izotope RX-7 and removed everything except the vocals - saved the file. [FILE 2: Vocals Only]

Ran the "No Vocals" stereo wav file through SPECWeb. This created the basis for the F,L,LS,RS,LFE

Listened to the results of SPECWEB and arranged those channels to get the best 4 corner channels and separation that sounded good by ear, taking the created center channel and blending it in where it seemed to fit best. In this case it was the Front Right channel.

Pasted in the VOCAL ONLY wav file into the center channel of the 5.1 wav file. Adjusted volumes by ear and eye.

That's it. Took about 20 minutes.

I thought it came out pretty well, as long as you don't audition each channel solo! :)

Back