More Country Quad on the way from DV this side of Christmas?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? We have a leak? Lmao..I would buy Charlie Rich in a heartbeat!! Yee-effing-haw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now hey,
did you happen to see the most leaky old post in the world..
and if you did,
did you like it, like it?

..and hey,
did you happen to hear about Charlie Rich and good ol' DV,
makin' an SACD?

tell them I want them,
tell them I need those surround babies,
woahhhh won't you tell Mike Dutton
that I love him! :love:

Neat! I have Behind Closed Doors In SQ- haven't played it in a while but it's a Columbia mix, it must be pretty good.

yes, it is a good one (imho)! :phones

ETYTM(IGH) is my fave of the five. :love:

his Best Of is solid, the Silver Fox is a weird album with lots of Charlie narration bits (personally I would make it lowest priority of his Quads), the V.Special Love Songs was a nice mix but I didn't get into the music quite as much as BHC & ETYTM(IGH), those two are the "Rich pickings", I would say (y)

yes, it is a good one (imho)! :phones

ETYTM(IGH) is my fave of the five. :love:

his Best Of is solid, the Silver Fox is a weird album with lots of Charlie narration bits (personally I would make it lowest priority of his Quads), the V.Special Love Songs was a nice mix but I didn't get into the music quite as much as BHC & ETYTM(IGH), those two are the "Rich pickings", I would say (y)

Thanks for the info. Admittedly I'd prefer if they kept pursuing soul and pop/rock titles from Columbia & subsidiary labels (Epic, PIR, T-Neck, etc), but who's to say this isn't just in addition to some of those type of titles.

Thanks for the info. Admittedly I'd prefer if they kept pursuing soul and pop/rock titles from Columbia & subsidiary labels (Epic, PIR, T-Neck, etc), but who's to say this isn't just in addition to some of those type of titles.

anytime! :)

same here. (y)

DV have already got out some of my favourite Rock/Pop/Soul/Jazz/Easy Quads (RTF Musicmagic, WR Tale Spinnin', Rick Derringer All American Boy & Spring Fever, Billy Paul 360 & WOTG, Johnnie Taylor, Chase Pure Music, Poco Seven & Cantamos, Tower Of Power ANSUN, Guess Who #10 & Road Food, Garfunkel Angel Clare & Breakaway, Hues Corporation Rockin' Soul & Love Corporation, Montenegro Rocket Man, Mancini Symphonic Soul.. PHEW! when you lay it all out like that its pretty... phenomenal!!)

...but if they can continue to achieve these miracles, my still-longed-for Quad releases now include (in no particular order.....) BT Express' Energy To Burn, Wild Cherry's Electrified Funk, The Isley Brothers' Live It Up/Harvest For The World/Go For Your Guns, The O'Jays' Survival/Family Reunion/Message In The Music, both Harold Melvin's, both MFSB's, Labelle Phoenix, the Minnie Riperton's, the Dave Mason's, the REO Speedwagon, the Redbone's, Blood Sweat & Tears Mirror Image & New City plus the David Clayton Thomas solo Quad, Loggins & Messina Native Sons, the Jose Feliciano's, the Aerosmith's, the Edgar & Johnny Winter's, Earth Wind & Fire's TTWOTW & Spirit, Azteca, Burton Cummings, Dan Fogelberg, Neil Diamond, David Essex, Johnny Nash, Janis Joplin's Pearl, Maynard Ferguson's Conquistador, Ramsey Lewis' Upendo Ni Pamoja, the Manhattans, the Miracles, the Billy Joel's, the Bob Dylan's, all the Andy Williams, all the Johnny Mathis, the Barbra's, the remaining BĂ–C Quad, the remaining Herbie Hancock's, the Janis Ian's, the Paul Simon's, the Santana's, Wendy Carlos' S-OB, the Sly Stones, all the Stax Quads, the Arista Quads especially Brecker Brothers & Eric Carmen - and in dreamland some of the WEA Quads incl AWB, Bette Midler, Stardrive Ft Robert Mason's Intergalactic Trot, Sergio Mendes from '75, Roberta Flack, The Spinners, Donny Hathaway, Graham Central Station, The Eagles, the James Taylors, Gordon Lightfoot, the Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone Quads, Larry Coryell & The Eleventh House if they can get the Vanguard's, Gil
Evans Svengali & Does Hendrix, all the Stylistics and Van McCoy, the ABC's especially Four Tops, BB King & Rufus Ft Chaka Khan, the A&M's especially Quincy Jones, oh and... the MOTOWN (especially studio album) Quads!!!

if DV can do all that lot I'll marry them and have their babies.

:51QQ

I saw this on another thread, but isn't the rule that D-V can only license something if it's out of print as a regular CD in the UK? A possible useful guideline (for which most of these suggestions would probably qualify).

I was kinda hoping they might delve into that very large RCA (BMG) catalog of rock titles , a bit more .
But there's still lots of time ,
Nilsson , Guess Who, Jefferson Air , Nesmith ,Youngbloods, and or some electronic sounds via Wurman.
But ideally ANY unreleased quads from the aforementioned.......... (so long Bannatyne .:) , that'd be sweet.

saw this tidbit of gossip over at the SHF and thought it newsworthy;

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...ver-mixed-to-quad.779806/page-2#post-19713684

I've never been a big country/Western fan but this is indeed GREAT news, super sleuth Adam! Two classic albums from the great Charlie Rich.

It's also time to reflect on the simply amazing relationship Dutton~Vocalion has forged with SONY releasing so many brilliant remasterings of Classic Quadraphonic titles which, IMO, have NEVER been released in such astounding fidelity EVER!

As I type these words, Tail Spinning is spinnin'. I've been staring at the AF Stereo SACD all week and now it takes a back seat to D~V's spectacular QUAD SACD. That's PROGRESS!

IMAGINE has [rightfully] been the highlight of the week but IMAGINE if D~V, once a reissue company of Easy Listening, polite jazz and classical RBCDs never took the initiative to delve into multichannel....and in such an auspicious way.

Yes, D~V operates BEHIND CLOSED DOORS and rarely, if ever, leaks future projects. Which, if you think about it presents us with little holiday gifts and stocking stuffers ALL YEAR LONG!

Hee HAW!:ROFLMAO:wonder if the RICH SACDs will come with some chewin' tabacca?

Last edited:
I saw this on another thread, but isn't the rule that D-V can only license something if it's out of print as a regular CD in the UK? A possible useful guideline (for which most of these suggestions would probably qualify).

you'd be amazed.. a lot of that stuff on my wishlist is unbelievably oop on CD here.

I am absolutely dying for them to release Johnny Mathis and Andy Williams. That would be a dream come true I never thought possible...

i think the recent Sony box set rules out Johnny Mathis for the time being, sadly... :cry:

a number of Andy's albums that saw Quad release are also in print on CD afaik (double :cry: )

I've never been a big country/Western fan but this is indeed GREAT news, super sleuth Adam! Two classic albums from the great Charlie Rich.

It's also time to reflect on the simply amazing relationship Dutton~Vocalion has forged with SONY releasing so many brilliant remasterings of Classic Quadraphonic titles which, IMO, have NEVER been released in such astounding fidelity EVER!

As I type these words, Tail Spinning is spinnin'. I've been staring at the AF Stereo SACD all week and now it takes a back seat to D~V's spectacular QUAD SACD. That's PROGRESS!

IMAGINE has [rightfully] been the highlight of the week but IMAGINE if D~V, once a reissue company of Easy Listening, polite jazz and classical RBCDs never took the initiative to delve into multichannel....and in such an auspicious way.

Yes, D~V operates BEHIND CLOSED DOORS and rarely, if ever, leaks future projects. Which, if you think about it presents us with little holiday gifts and stocking stuffers ALL YEAR LONG!

Hee HAW!:ROFLMAO:wonder if the RICH SACDs will come with some chewin' tabacca?

imho we owe steelydave a huge debt of gratitude, more than any of us who "just" buy the discs and read his liner notes will ever know.

i don't know how "bendable".. off the top of my head I think Weather Reports' Tale Spinnin' may be in print?

One would think there is NO correlation between releasing albums in STEREO and QUAD concurrently. Two different beasts altogether. I'm sure Vinyl reissues are not affected if they overlap with titles currently in print.

One would think there is NO correlation between releasing albums in STEREO and QUAD concurrently. Two different beasts altogether. I'm sure Vinyl reissues are not affected if they overlap with titles currently in print.

Hybrid SACDs can contain upto three presentations of the same repertoire.

the CD layer may have something to do with it.

Back