Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@timbre4 When does that first error occur? What command?
I was using beta3 yesterday with no issues. Can you please upload one folder and its files for me to test? (PM me the link)
I’ll take a look asap this morning.
THX

Garry - the error displays just as soon as the grid is populated with any NEW album folder files. Options dimmed nothing can be done.
If I select an album folder that hasn't had track names and art tagged before - ERROR immediately. I closed all and restarted PC to no avail.
Using the v1 beta now with no issues and half finished with the task at hand. ;) THX

Could it be due to long filenames, deep paths or attempting to add too many files (or a folder with too many files in it)?

Could it be due to long filenames, deep paths or attempting to add too many files (or a folder with too many files in it)?
Nope. The original sorting issue was random and incidental; previous theories scrapped. Album folders containing 2-25 tracks each. You'd have to read all of my minutiae along the way to get the flavor.

Garry - the error displays just as soon as the grid is populated with any NEW album folder files. Options dimmed nothing can be done.

I found the issue. There was a typo in new code the incrementing of the track number which the compiler didn't pick up.

I'll upload Beta 4 shortly, after more testing.

Thanks to @timbre4 for providing test files, all issues in previous beta 4 are now resolved in Beta 5:

Version 7.1.23 Beta 5 (April 16 2024)
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/Beta/MMHInstaller.msi
-------------
Changes in Beta 5 over current official 7.1.22 release:
Tag & Rename tool: Improved handling of file name sorting (now supports Windows Explorer style 'Natural' file name sorting) *
* example: 2 before 11, 3 before 23 etc previously MMH expected 01..09, 10, 11 etc style numbering with leading zeroes
Tag & Rename Grid: 'Current File Name' column now uses the new 'Natural' sort order
Tag & Rename tool: Adding a folder with all files without Track No. tags now auto numbers tracks using file natural sort order (and updates the 'Proposed New Filename')
Tag & Rename tool: Drag & Drop of files without Track No. tags now auto numbers in the order files selected in Explorer (and updates the 'Proposed New Filename')
Tag & Rename tool: Warning if Saving Tags if a file does not have a Track No. tag (leads to file names with '00.' prefix)

I'll update the MMH docs in next day or two and if no other issues reported I'll release these changes in 7.1.23 by end of this week.

Hey @HomerJAU - I hate adding to your worries, Windows Defender does not like 'Version 7.1.23 Beta 5 (April 16 2024)'. See screengrab below.

No previous issues at all with your packages. Let me know if I can help do any detective work.

1713322191616.png

Back