Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New 3.4.21 version now available (see first post in this thread for links).

Changes:
Latest 3rd Party tools (includes a fix for folder/file name sorting in folder/file selection dialogs when using Linux based file systems on NAS)

New 3.5.0 version now available (see first post in this thread for links).

Changes:
Added new tool to Split & Rename MKA (Matroska Audio) files
Added support for MKA files to other tools (PlayList creation, File manager Reports etc)
Added new Create CUE file to Tag and Rename tool
Latest 3rd Party tools

All the MKA changes were done to ease use of MKA files in Kodi for Atmos and DTS:X audio only files from the Kodi Music Library

MMH does not yet tag MKA files. I'll add that to a future update. For now I'd recommend mp3tag (free/donationware)

Cool, I just downloaded it and it opened correctly w/o any error notices. So I guess it's gonna work out fine on this one computer where I do work on my server library files.!

I hope that the Rename/Tagging feature can handle dsf. files. And it would be nice if it can create 5.1 pcm files out of a DTS encoded album? That might be asking too much, but it's a feature I have looked hard for and not found yet a simple solution for.

I have some 4.0s that need their empty sub and centers added - so that I need not have to change settings in JRiver to get them to play correctly, or at all.

Last edited:
I’ll take a look at what’s required. It does convert DTS flavours contained in MKVs to FLAC if that’s ok for you.

EDIT: I meant I’ll check on what’s needed to tag DSF.

I’ll take a look at what’s required. It does convert DTS flavours contained in MKVs to FLAC if that’s ok for you.

EDIT: I meant I’ll check on what’s needed to tag DSF.
I'd really like to get out of the DTS universe and convert to real wav before FLAC, and the reason is my desktop surround system plays everything (I think) except DTS in FLAC or any other. It won't decode due to the 6-chan soundcard (Asus Xoner DG) won't pump it through to speakers. I've downloaded all the big codec packs, and still no go. It's really a minor issue since I do have a full setup that will play DTS, but I'd like my pc tower at desk to handle those (converted if need be) albums as well. DTS to wav is a rare and hard to find thing - my research tells me. So if you had it here, you'd be top dog of the surround converters, if you are not already. LOL

Tag & Rename is said to, but I have an older version that does not. Love that program anyway. So I do dsf in JRiver.

MMH is DTS-HDMA or TrueHD to PCM in FLAC not imbedded DTS in the FLAC.
Thank you. Does this feature include plain old DTS encodes?

And what would it take to get a (lossless) channel reassignment feature included? If it's a major hassle and asking far too much of a free multi-channel audio converter engine, please don't take it as me being ungrateful. I'm just thinking creatively and out loud imo.

I never got around to fixing my Ten Years After - "A Space in Time" quad EMI DVD with front to back channels reversed. It actually bugs me the least out of several screw-ups we find out there. but AF's "Birds of Fire" could do with a little re-assignment as well, to say nothing of GRT Q8s in several cases. So if that were a fast check box of Assign to: 1. FL, 2. FR, 3. RL, 4. RR next to existing channels, it could be cool if it was lossless. It might as well contain Ctr, and Sub as as check box selections as well I think. Whatever way is least complex and accomplishes such a task. Hum...

Last edited:
I never got around to fixing my Ten Years After - "A Space in Time" quad EMI DVD with front to back channels reversed. It actually bugs me the least out of several screw-ups we find out there. but AF's "Birds of Fire" could do with a little re-assignment as well, to say nothing of QRT Q8s in several cases. So if that were a fast check box of Assign to: 1. FL, 2. FR, 3. RL, 4. RR next to existing channels, it could be cool if it was lossless. It might as well contain Ctr, and Sub as as check box selections as well I think. Whatever way is least complex and accomplishes such a task. Hum...

EDIT: I'll look at adding something to MMH's current remix tool as I'm doing a few changes with MMH at the moment. In the mean time:

Here’s a quick way to fix the reversed front rears in a quad and add silent C and LFE (lossless)

This uses the small Windows command line utility named Sox and a batch file to remix all songs in each album folder:

You can download SOX from here: LINK Just copy all the files into a new folder on your PC and your quad FLAC files.

Create a Swap.bat (text) file in your folder containing your flac files to correct and add this text to the .bat file:
----

if not exist "Output" mkdir "Output"

for %%A IN (*.flac) do (
"C:\xxx\xxx\Sox.exe" "%%~nA.flac" "Output\%%A" remix 3 4 0 0 1 2
)
pause

Run the new bat file (double click on it)

The corrected FLACs will be created in a new sub-folder named: Output

EDIT: The numbers after ‘remix’ on the Sox command line identify the original (input) channel positions. The order of the numbers represents the output (remixed) channel positions. 0 (zero) = new empty channel (silent).

The standard positions in a FLAC (in order 1 to 8): L R C LFE SL SR BL BR (a FLAC file can contain max 8 channels)

You so can workout how to change the channel positions (remix) to move to any position based on original channel number and order in the remix numbering above.

Last edited:
I’ll upload a new version within the next 24hrs with an updated Remix tool which allows a user to map any input channel to output channel including adding silent centre and or LFE to a quad FLAC or wav file. So you can easily swap front and rears and add silent C and LFE for any set of files. Just finalising the new code now and will update docs.

Very cool, and glad you think it's worth the effort and glad that it can be done. I would not be good with SOX and command line utilities.

New update to MMH 3.5.3 now available

Those who have installed the app using 'click-once' web installer will see the update automatically

Changes:
Added ability to edit existing chapters in MKV and MKA files (previously you could only Add new chapters to files without chapters)
Remix Tool: Added a new option for 'Userdefined Channel Mapping'

Updated docs now online

Example of a User Defined Mapping to swap front and rears in a Quad file and also add silent centre and LFE to ouput a 5.1 remix:
RemixChannelMapping.PNG

Last edited:
Very cool, and glad you think it's worth the effort and glad that it can be done. I would not be good with SOX and command line utilities.

MMH is about making a lot of these underlying tools easier to use, especially removing the need for command lines or even finding them to use.

Let me know how it goes.

New update to MMH 3.5.4 now available

Bug fixes:
Editing/Creating chapters in MKV/MKA - error in writing chapter times (fixed)
Remixing multiple files containing album art error (fixed)

New update to MMH 3.5.3 now available

Those who have installed the app using 'click-once' web installer will see the update automatically

Changes:
Added ability to edit existing chapters in MKV and MKA files (previously you could only Add new chapters to files without chapters)
Remix Tool: Added a new option for 'Userdefined Channel Mapping'

Updated docs now online

Example of a User Defined Mapping to swap front and rears in a Quad file and also add silent centre and LFE to ouput a 5.1 remix:
RemixChannelMapping.PNG

Any reason why the file size changes when adding a silent center and sub? Thanks, this works very smoothly.

Back