Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to shout out a big THANK YOU to Garry (Homer Jau) for all of his expertise and generosity on this forum. Recently having taken the plunge into NUC/NAS/Kodi, his tutorials and expansive Music Helper program were invaluable. The process contains many time consuming steps and potholes where one miscue can screw the pooch further on down the line. Garry was kind enough to help me with a particular bug in Music Helper and his quick action saved me from additional days of obsessing.

I have many miles to go, but am already rediscovering the joy in many music and video titles that sat unattended - lost in a vast library of titles. Gotta love QQ!(y)

IMO he doesn't get enough recognition on here for the things he has done...despite the fact that most of use these improvements everyday on the forum...but the more amazing thing is...that he also does house renovations...wow...he's the swiss army knife of skill sets...the man does it all(y)

Thanks for giving him some props:)

IMO he doesn't get enough recognition on here for the things he has done...despite the fact that most of use these improvements everyday on the forum...but the more amazing thing is...that he also does house renovations...wow...he's the swiss army knife of skill sets...the man does it all(y)

Thanks for giving him some props:)

Thanks. Not sure I'd go through another renovation any time soon though.

Hi Garry,

I got a pop up message when I tried to install the Music Helper program. (This was after installing the Net Framework thing which seemed to take a long time, then abruptly ended the install when the progress status bar was only 50% complete...if any of that helps...)
Any help? Thanks, PK

1529608397471.png

Hi PK.

What version of Windows are you using? It sounds like the .NET runtime installation failed. Did you get that from the link here or somewhere else?

I assume you are installing MMH from th one-click web installer.

I’ll fire up my dev PC and take a look.

Hey Garry,

Windows 8.1
Yes I used the link in Post #1 of this thread.
Yes, I didn't know if the Net Framework was already installed or not on my PC so I went ahead and tried to install it. IIRC it then progressed to about 50% on a progress bar, then it asked to reboot my PC, which it did. Then it tried to install MMH after re-booting and that's when I got the pop up message...IIRC!

Thanks,
PK

First try and install the .net 4.6.1 runtime again from this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

Then run the original Music Media Helper click-once installer (as you did previously).

If that fails then:
Try and download the MMH zip file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RlADFFvEmM9pJYaxNISKhtElFhM1LTkq/view?usp=sharing

Create a new folder on your desktop and copy all the files from the zip into the new folder, run the Music Media Helper.exe

Let me know if that runs ok.

I got the same "System Update Required" pop up as before...moved on to the zip file...shazaam! back in business:giggle:

Can/should I move that file from my desktop to the programs or programs (x86) folder?

Thanks again Garry(y)

Hi PK.

Leave it as is for now. I am uploading an update that may fix the issue you reported earlier. I've included a couple of additional files in the MMH folder I'm hoping that will resolve the missing files that Windows wants to install from the .NET runtime (your install error message).

Hi again,

the updated MMH click-once installer is ready to try - same link as on first page:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/publish.htm

Let me know if this works without an error.

Fixes/Changes:
  • Updated 3rd Party components
  • Fixed a problem with Sox resampling not working
  • Fix for click-once not installing on Windows 8.1

Last edited:
Alright! I am ready to use this amazing program created by out resident QQ genius Garry "HomerJAU"!

Boy, was I missing out! How many others out there haven't checked this thing out. What a great job Garry. And............it looks a lot like the QQ Poll generator program he wrote.

AMAZING! (y):phones(y)

Alright! I am ready to use this amazing program created by out resident QQ genius Garry "HomerJAU"!

Boy, was I missing out! How many others out there haven't checked this thing out. What a great job Garry. And............it looks a lot like the QQ Poll generator program he wrote.

AMAZING! (y):phones(y)

Yes indeed! I recently discovered that the version of Plex on the “family room” (i.e., not the hi-rez man cave system) smart TV was not recognizing my quad flacs. I used the music helper to add a silent 5th channel quickly and easily. Problem solved! I also use it every month or so to generate an Excel file of all the music on my server.

Back