MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A masterpiece has just seen the light of day!!! :LB
Ryuichi Sakamoto’s Async album in multichannel 5.1 Bluray-A :SG
Positioned in the top ten list of Pitchfork’s Best Ambient Albums of 2017. A jewel by itself.

Includes:
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix and 96/24 PCM stereo.
The bonus track included only in the vinyl edition: Water State 2 (for CD completists like me :p)
3 videos from the international short film competition winners
Japanese usual high quality materials
Multiregion Bluray.

Audio quality? Top notch with very discrete remix. Can’t recommend this enough!!

The only trouble with this release is that is only available in Japan as far as I know. I bought it at HMV Japan.

41BC2627-9126-4122-98E2-465AF8C0A8FA.jpeg
BA84821C-9082-41B4-80BD-49386D654D8E.jpeg

A masterpiece has just seen the light of day!!! :LB
Ryuichi Sakamoto’s Async album in multichannel 5.1 Bluray-A :SG
Positioned in the top ten list of Pitchfork’s Best Ambient Albums of 2017. A jewel by itself.

Includes:
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix and 96/24 PCM stereo.
The bonus track included only in the vinyl edition: Water State 2 (for CD completists like me :p)
3 videos from the international short film competition winners
Japanese usual high quality materials
Multiregion Bluray.

Audio quality? Top notch with very discrete remix. Can’t recommend this enough!!

The only trouble with this release is that is only available in Japan as far as I know. I bought it at HMV Japan.

View attachment 32786View attachment 32787
AWESOME!! Thank you for the heads up!!!...ahh, those Japanese... always keeping treasures like these to themselves...

AWESOME!! Thank you for the heads up!!!...ahh, those Japanese... always keeping treasures like these to themselves...

grateful to Barbazul for the heads up, looks like a good one!
tbh as much as I'd like to just leap on it now, I think I'll keep an eye out for it in case one comes up cheap/used, currently the lowest price I can find it'd still be more expensive than all the latest DV SACDs put together.. ah well, fingers crossed i find a discounted one or win the lotto or something equally improbable!

grateful to Barbazul for the heads up, looks like a good one!
tbh as much as I'd like to just leap on it now, I think I'll keep an eye out for it in case one comes up cheap/used, currently the lowest price I can find it'd still be more expensive than all the latest DV SACDs put together.. ah well, fingers crossed i find a discounted one or win the lotto or something equally improbable!

chi-ckeeennn (BUCK-CKAWWWWWW!!!) ... aww, come on , you KNOW that Japanese discs are NEVER cheap and most are WORTH IT!!!

chi-ckeeennn (BUCK-CKAWWWWWW!!!) ... aww, come on , you KNOW that Japanese discs are NEVER cheap and most are WORTH IT!!!

haha!!! you know i ordinarily put my money where my mouth is.. but i'm prioritising other stuff at the min., I will get this Sakamoto 5.1 for sure, hopefully before the years out ;)

Well I'm stuck in my hotel room, only mp3 on my phone & tablet, and this is the 5th surround purchase this week! Another 2 weeks at company HQ to go, so another 10 surround purchases to go at this rate before I get home to a pile of discs (and the Credit Card Bill!)

I got the Ryuichi Sakamoto’s Async - Surround BD-A. It was £49.99 +£2 P&P from Farside Music who imports from Japan etc. into the UK, link is about 20-21 albums down on the webpage below.

http://www.farsidemusic.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=async&PN=CD.html

Adam, we all expect a full, comprehensive review.....mon amour?
I was thinking the same thing.

Please, Adam... pretty please with sugar on top! It looks like a nice package. And I understand that the music is experimental. But, how's the surround mix?

Last edited:
Back