MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the 25th anniversary HOF blu ray....what is this one like...I guess it's just highlights from those years
Overall, I'd say it's very good Clint. Had some mixing issues with the vocals on a couple of occasions though...the premise goes induction ceremony followed by a few songs. Not quite up to the 25th concert, but great in it's own right. Still not completely done watching yet, but the Cat Stevens set list is fantastic (once you get past Art's ramblings). Here's a content list:

Disc One

The 29th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 10, 2014)

Digging in the Dirt Peter Gabriel

Chris Martin Inducts Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Acceptance Speech

Washing of the Water Peter Gabriel and Chris Martin

In Your Eyes Peter Gabriel with Youssou N'Dour

Art Garfunkel Inducts Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens Acceptance Speech

Father & Son Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Wild World Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Peace Train Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Glenn Frey Inducts and Accepts on Behalf of Linda Rondstadt

Different Drum Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Blue Bayou Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

You're No Good Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

It's So Easy Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

When Will I Be Loved Sheryl Crow, Emmylou Harris, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

E Street Band Award for Musical Excellence

Bruce Springsteen Inducts the E Street Band

Acceptance Speech by Roy Bittan, Victoria Clemons on Behalf of Clarence Clemons, Jason Federici on Behalf of Danny Federici, Nils Lofgren, Vini Lopez, David Sancious, Patti Scialfa, Garry Tallent, Max Weinberg and Steven Van Zandt

The E Street Shuffle Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Michael Stipe Inducts Nirvana

Acceptance Speech with Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Courtney Love and Wendy O'Connor on Behalf of Kurt Cobain

Smells Like Teen Spirit Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Joan Jett and Pat Smear

Aneurysm Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Kim Gordon and Pat Smear

Lithium Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Annie Clark and Pat Smear

All Apologies Dave Grohl and Kirst Novoselic with Annie Clark, Kim Gordon, Joan Jett, Lorde and Pat Smear

The 30th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Public Hall, Cleveland, Ohio, April 18, 2015)

Bad Reputation Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Cherry Bomb Joan Jett & The Blackhearts with Dave Grohl and Gary Ryan

Crimson and Clover Joan Jett & The Blackhearts with Miley Cyrus, Gary Ryan, Dave Grohl and Tommy James

Miley Cyrus Inducts Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Acceptance Speech with Ricky Byrd, Joan Jett and Gary Ryan

Born in Chicago Zac Brown, Tom Morello, Jason Ricci and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Peter Wolf Inducts The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Acceptance Speech with Elvin Bishop, Lee Butterfield on Behalf of Paul Butterfield, Sam Lay and Mark Naftalin

Stevie Wonder Inducts Bill Withers

Bill Withers Acceptance Speech

Ain't No Sunshine Bill Withers with Stevie Wonder and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Lean on Me Bill Withers with John Legend, Stevie Wonder and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Fall Out Boy Inducts Green Day

Acceptance Speech with Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt

American Idiot Green Day

When I Come Around Green Day

Basket Case Green Day

John Mayer Inducts Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

Acceptance Speech with Chris Layton, Tommy Shannon, Jimmie Vaughan on Behalf of Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Reese Wynans

Texas Flood Double Trouble with Doyle Brahmhall II, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer and Jimmie Vaughan

Patti Smith Inducts Lou Reed

Acceptance Speech with Laurie Anderson on Behalf of Lou Reed

Satellite of Love Beck, Jason Falkner, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., Nate Ruess and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Ringo Starr Award for Musical Excellence

Paul McCartney Inducts Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Acceptance Speech

Boys Ringo Starr with Green Day

It Don't Come Easy Ringo Starr with Joe Walsh and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

I Wanna Be Your Man Ringo Starr with Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh, Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Jam Band

Disc Two

The 31st Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 8, 2016)

Lars Ulrich Inducts Deep Purple

Acceptance Speech with David Coverdale, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes and Ian Paice

Highway Star Deep Purple

Smoke on the Water Deep Purple

Bert Berns Ahmet Ertegun Award for Lifetime Achievement

Steven Van Zandt Inducts Bert Berns

Acceptance Speech with Cassandra Berns and Brett Berns on Behal of Bert Berns

Kendrick Lamar Inducts N.W.A.

Acceptance Speech with Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, DJ Yella and MC Ren

Rob Thomas Inducts Chicago

Acceptance Speech with Michelle Kath on Behalf of Terry Kath, Robert Lamm, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow, Walter Parazaider and Danny Seraphine

Saturday in the Park Chicago

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? Chicago with Rob Thomas

25 or 6 to 4 Chicago

Kid Rock Inducts Cheap Trick

Acceptance Speech with Bun E. Carlos, Rick Nielsen, Tom Petersson and Robin Zander

I Want You to Want Me Cheap Trick

Dream Police Cheap Trick

Surrender Cheap Trick

Ain't That a Shame Cheap Trick with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Jam Band

The 32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 7, 2017)

Roll Over Beethoven ELO

Evil Woman ELO

Mr. Blue Sky ELO

Dhani Harrison Inducts ELO

Acceptance Speech with Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood

Jackson Browne Inducts Joan Baez

Joan Baez Acceptance Speech

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Joan Baez

Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos) Joan Baez with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Joan Baez with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson Induct Yes

Acceptance Speech with Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Steve Howe, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman and Alan White

Roundabout Yes with Geddy Lee

Owner of a Lonely Heart Yes

Snoop Dogg Inducts and Accepts on Behalf of Tupac Shakur

Pat Monahan Inducts Journey

Acceptance Speech with Jonathan Cain, Aynsley Dunbar, Steve Perry, Gregg Rolie, Neal Schon, Steve Smith and Ross Valory

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Journey

Lights Journey

Don't Stop Believin' Journey

David Letterman Inducts Pearl Jam

Acceptance Speech with Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron, Stone Gossard, Dave Krusen, Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder

Alive Pearl Jam

Given to Fly Pearl Jam

Better Man Pearl Jam

Overall, I'd say it's very good Clint. Had some mixing issues with the vocals on a couple of occasions though...the premise goes induction ceremony followed by a few songs. Not quite up to the 25th concert, but great in it's own right. Still not completely done watching yet, but the Cat Stevens set list is fantastic (once you get past Art's ramblings). Here's a content list:

Disc One

The 29th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 10, 2014)

Digging in the Dirt Peter Gabriel

Chris Martin Inducts Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Acceptance Speech

Washing of the Water Peter Gabriel and Chris Martin

In Your Eyes Peter Gabriel with Youssou N'Dour

Art Garfunkel Inducts Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens Acceptance Speech

Father & Son Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Wild World Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Peace Train Cat Stevens with Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Glenn Frey Inducts and Accepts on Behalf of Linda Rondstadt

Different Drum Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Blue Bayou Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

You're No Good Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

It's So Easy Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

When Will I Be Loved Sheryl Crow, Emmylou Harris, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

E Street Band Award for Musical Excellence

Bruce Springsteen Inducts the E Street Band

Acceptance Speech by Roy Bittan, Victoria Clemons on Behalf of Clarence Clemons, Jason Federici on Behalf of Danny Federici, Nils Lofgren, Vini Lopez, David Sancious, Patti Scialfa, Garry Tallent, Max Weinberg and Steven Van Zandt

The E Street Shuffle Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Michael Stipe Inducts Nirvana

Acceptance Speech with Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Courtney Love and Wendy O'Connor on Behalf of Kurt Cobain

Smells Like Teen Spirit Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Joan Jett and Pat Smear

Aneurysm Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Kim Gordon and Pat Smear

Lithium Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic with Annie Clark and Pat Smear

All Apologies Dave Grohl and Kirst Novoselic with Annie Clark, Kim Gordon, Joan Jett, Lorde and Pat Smear

The 30th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Public Hall, Cleveland, Ohio, April 18, 2015)

Bad Reputation Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Cherry Bomb Joan Jett & The Blackhearts with Dave Grohl and Gary Ryan

Crimson and Clover Joan Jett & The Blackhearts with Miley Cyrus, Gary Ryan, Dave Grohl and Tommy James

Miley Cyrus Inducts Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Acceptance Speech with Ricky Byrd, Joan Jett and Gary Ryan

Born in Chicago Zac Brown, Tom Morello, Jason Ricci and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Peter Wolf Inducts The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Acceptance Speech with Elvin Bishop, Lee Butterfield on Behalf of Paul Butterfield, Sam Lay and Mark Naftalin

Stevie Wonder Inducts Bill Withers

Bill Withers Acceptance Speech

Ain't No Sunshine Bill Withers with Stevie Wonder and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Lean on Me Bill Withers with John Legend, Stevie Wonder and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Fall Out Boy Inducts Green Day

Acceptance Speech with Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt

American Idiot Green Day

When I Come Around Green Day

Basket Case Green Day

John Mayer Inducts Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

Acceptance Speech with Chris Layton, Tommy Shannon, Jimmie Vaughan on Behalf of Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Reese Wynans

Texas Flood Double Trouble with Doyle Brahmhall II, Gary Clark Jr., John Mayer and Jimmie Vaughan

Patti Smith Inducts Lou Reed

Acceptance Speech with Laurie Anderson on Behalf of Lou Reed

Satellite of Love Beck, Jason Falkner, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., Nate Ruess and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

Ringo Starr Award for Musical Excellence

Paul McCartney Inducts Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Acceptance Speech

Boys Ringo Starr with Green Day

It Don't Come Easy Ringo Starr with Joe Walsh and Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra

I Wanna Be Your Man Ringo Starr with Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh, Paul Shaffer and the Hall of Fame Orchestra and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Jam Band

Disc Two

The 31st Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 8, 2016)

Lars Ulrich Inducts Deep Purple

Acceptance Speech with David Coverdale, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Glenn Hughes and Ian Paice

Highway Star Deep Purple

Smoke on the Water Deep Purple

Bert Berns Ahmet Ertegun Award for Lifetime Achievement

Steven Van Zandt Inducts Bert Berns

Acceptance Speech with Cassandra Berns and Brett Berns on Behal of Bert Berns

Kendrick Lamar Inducts N.W.A.

Acceptance Speech with Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, DJ Yella and MC Ren

Rob Thomas Inducts Chicago

Acceptance Speech with Michelle Kath on Behalf of Terry Kath, Robert Lamm, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow, Walter Parazaider and Danny Seraphine

Saturday in the Park Chicago

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? Chicago with Rob Thomas

25 or 6 to 4 Chicago

Kid Rock Inducts Cheap Trick

Acceptance Speech with Bun E. Carlos, Rick Nielsen, Tom Petersson and Robin Zander

I Want You to Want Me Cheap Trick

Dream Police Cheap Trick

Surrender Cheap Trick

Ain't That a Shame Cheap Trick with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Jam Band

The 32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, April 7, 2017)

Roll Over Beethoven ELO

Evil Woman ELO

Mr. Blue Sky ELO

Dhani Harrison Inducts ELO

Acceptance Speech with Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood

Jackson Browne Inducts Joan Baez

Joan Baez Acceptance Speech

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Joan Baez

Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos) Joan Baez with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down Joan Baez with Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson Induct Yes

Acceptance Speech with Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Steve Howe, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman and Alan White

Roundabout Yes with Geddy Lee

Owner of a Lonely Heart Yes

Snoop Dogg Inducts and Accepts on Behalf of Tupac Shakur

Pat Monahan Inducts Journey

Acceptance Speech with Jonathan Cain, Aynsley Dunbar, Steve Perry, Gregg Rolie, Neal Schon, Steve Smith and Ross Valory

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Journey

Lights Journey

Don't Stop Believin' Journey

David Letterman Inducts Pearl Jam

Acceptance Speech with Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron, Stone Gossard, Dave Krusen, Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder

Alive Pearl Jam

Given to Fly Pearl Jam

Better Man Pearl Jam
sounds like a great disc..how is the MCH mix???

sounds like a great disc..how is the MCH mix???
Mostly typical blu ray concert fare, a bit better than big stereo. Some variances since there are 4 dates over 4 separate years. Sonics are very acceptable but you really have to crank up the volume control to get decent listening levels. Not complaining at all, many times that’s a sign of very little compression. Only caveats were the ones I mentioned in the last post about the vocals here and there....but I think that’s fairly typical with so many different acts moving on and off the stage. This thing’s a little pricey, but there are basically 4 concerts on 2 BDs. The inductions are nice, but once watched it would be nice just to be able to skip them and get only the music, which isn’t an option. First world problems.;)

Mostly typical blu ray concert fare, a bit better than big stereo. Some variances since there are 4 dates over 4 separate years. Sonics are very acceptable but you really have to crank up the volume control to get decent listening levels. Not complaining at all, many times that’s a sign of very little compression. Only caveats were the ones I mentioned in the last post about the vocals here and there....but I think that’s fairly typical with so many different acts moving on and off the stage. This thing’s a little pricey, but there are basically 4 concerts on 2 BDs. The inductions are nice, but once watched it would be nice just to be able to skip them and get only the music, which isn’t an option. First world problems.;)

Thank you so much!!!
Yes.. first world problems, indeed!!

Porcupine Tree-Arriving Somewhere 2 cd/Blu ray set
I received this the other day and spent yesterday evening with it. Oh My God... I mean, this is already my favorite concert video of all time but I have not seen it for quite some time. I must say that the video quality is a big step up compared with the DVD, which I did not expect. And the concert in itself and the sound quality and mix is so unbelievably good so it brought tears to my eyes again, ten years after release.

Steven Wilson IS God and My new Oppo UDP-205 player is king ;-))

XTC, Nonsuch. Took me a couple of listens to start to warm up to it. I think I now have the complete "Surround Series" (so far). Looking forward to the next one, whatever it is--but wishing like hell the multis for English Settlement would magically turn up.

R-5089101-1386177978-6289.jpeg.jpg

Another purchase , that being Booka shades Galvany Street, based on this site heads up. Ooh I like this ( surprised !! ), very discrete, in fact good use of all the speakers. Currently £7.68 + £1.26 postage on Amazon UK. No supplied notes, disc only. I like a bargain!!

Last edited:
WTF Adam, you trying to make me feel like crap because I don't have any of those last four you posted???:p On a lighter note...am I in your will??:hi

oh noooo Red..!! don't feel like crap on my account! i'm just playing catchup with all the boxsets and other surround stuff i didn't get while i was on my old Quad records and tape trip. as for the will, good question, it was to all go to my partner who had instructions and knew what to do with it all when i croak it but since we parted i have to rethink and make a new plan. have a couple of ideas in mind but i should run them past my family first (not that they care about any of it but there's always the monetary aspect which i guess they might be interested in).. as it is, my collecting/hoarding goes beyond the surround stuff, there's 1000's of EJ items alone, 1000's of movies & TV shows on BD/DVD/HDDVD/Laserdisc/VHS etc and tons of retro video games and systems among other crap i've amassed over a lifetime of retail therapy.. all good clean fun! :ROFLMAO:

oh noooo Red..!! don't feel like crap on my account! i'm just playing catchup with all the boxsets and other surround stuff i didn't get while i was on my old Quad records and tape trip. as for the will, good question, it was to all go to my partner who had instructions and knew what to do with it all when i croak it but since we parted i have to rethink and make a new plan. have a couple of ideas in mind but i should run them past my family first (not that they care about any of it but there's always the monetary aspect which i guess they might be interested in).. as it is, my collecting/hoarding goes beyond the surround stuff, there's 1000's of EJ items alone, 1000's of movies & TV shows on BD/DVD/HDDVD/Laserdisc/VHS etc and tons of retro video games and systems among other crap i've amassed over a lifetime of retail therapy.. all good clean fun! :ROFLMAO:
"Retail Therapy"... I like it!

Back