MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Rodgers: Free Spirit. Excellent concert from one of the greatest rock voices. The 5.1 sound mix is basically spread across the front speakers and I wasn't really aware of anything in the rears (although there may have been some ambiance from the crowd) but it is still very enjoyable. Picture quality is OK but it tends to look a bit flat because of the smoke used around the stage. If you like Free this is highly recommended.

Dear Jerry BR. Pretty well done and a nice memento as I was there though how Bruce Hornsby was left off the lineup due to time constraints was ridiculous. O.A.R could have been given the boot as they had no idea about playing Jerry's music.

Appetite For Destruction - Guns n' Roses (Super Deluxe Edition w/5.1 BD)

ybHVdLr.jpeg

I bought this one several years ago...before I was a forum member and before I became interested in surround...I bought it for the film qualities....it was good...but like I said...my priorities then were with the video aspects

The only difference, Clint, is the newer version is 4K remastered from the original 16mm film elements as is the sound. Whether Criterion EVER goes UHD 4K is anyone's guess and doubtful there'd be an uptick in video quality since 16mm ain't exactly hi def to begin with. It's a great rock artifact and coupled with all the extras, those who don't have YOUR version are advised to purchase this remaster.

I forget now who recommended this a month or two ago--I can no longer find the thread (about a closeout sale on Naxos Blu-Rays)--but thank you, whoever it was! Definitely the most powerful and immersive surround version of Mahler's 8th that I've heard. (I also have Asahina, Bernstein, Rattle, and Zinman.)

71wOImpI-PL._SY355_.jpg

The last few months

Luca Turilli`s Rhapsody - The Prometheus : Dolby Atmos Experience Blu-ray Pure Audio

dp5h2vsxjujeoe2uv.jpg

Pat Metheny - The Orchestrion Project Blu-ray

dqe1aw8jbvnjzn1fb.jpg

Hans Zimmer - Live in Prague Blu-ray

dqe1chsrqbs2kbth3.jpg

Marillion - Brave box set

dq4omnwepsmmk10qf.jpg

Ayreon - Ayreon Universe - Best Of Ayreon Live Blu-ray

ds6yo0yy6pfzq5cs7.jpg

Booka Shade - Galvany Street pure audio Blu ray

dvjazfitzbfhwbc3b.jpg

John Mellencamp - Live from the Chicago Theater CD+Blu-ray

dvjaxp15v4k61s5x3.jpg

Norah Jones - Live At Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club - 2017 Blu-ray

dvjavfnqk09mlkxyv.jpg

Alessandro Quarta plays Astor Piazzolla pure audio Blu ray

dvja8f3yevlctrshj.jpg

and on the way

Marillion - All one tonight - Live Blu-ray

dvjcb5szjcm8gpkvr.jpg

Last edited:
I forget now who recommended this a month or two ago--I can no longer find the thread (about a closeout sale on Naxos Blu-Rays)--but thank you, whoever it was! Definitely the most powerful and immersive surround version of Mahler's 8th that I've heard. (I also have Asahina, Bernstein, Rattle, and Zinman.)

71wOImpI-PL._SY355_.jpg

It was me, humprof and happy you're enjoying it. Mr. Smithers also picked up a copy.

Back