MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian Setzer (and his orchestra) - Christmas Rocks! Live on BD-V

View attachment 36840

Thanks, I just ordered, Amazon has a discount price. I saw Brian Setzer once at Christmas one time, I forget where, might have been the Marriott in SF. I thought this Blu Ray video would be cool to own for some background when guests come over for Christmas.

Thanks, I just ordered, Amazon has a discount price. I saw Brian Setzer once at Christmas one time, I forget where, might have been the Marriott in SF. I thought this Blu Ray video would be cool to own for some background when guests come over for Christmas.
I like it, looks and sounds great! The concert is all over the map with the set list, some Stray Cat stuff, Glen Campbell and Tom Petty covers with seasonal songs sprinkled throughout... great fun!

Edit: I couldn't find (that could be a me issue) anything about the codecs on this one, even on the packaging when I picked it up (TrueHD was all it said, not whether it was stereo or 5.1) but it is in 5.1(y)

Last edited:
I like it, looks and sounds great! The concert is all over the map with the set list, some Stray Cat stuff, Glen Campbell and Tom Petty covers with seasonal songs sprinkled throughout... great fun!

Edit: I couldn't find (that could be a me issue) anything about the codecs on this one, even on the packaging when I picked it up (TrueHD was all it said, not whether it was stereo or 5.1) but it is in 5.1(y)
How's the surround? Audience/ambience in the rears or other stuff? (I would LOVE to have a true surround mix of their Christmas recordings with background vocals and horns in the rears :) )

How's the surround? Audience/ambience in the rears or other stuff? (I would LOVE to have a true surround mix of their Christmas recordings with background vocals and horns in the rears :) )
It actually sounds great, lots of brass in his band. Unfortunately, typical blu ray concert fare which means ‘big stereo’, mostly reverb in the surrounds.

picked up a few old DTS HD MA Blu-ray samplers recently, here's the first one from 2007;

aRtf58B.jpeg

9FMb9Wt.jpeg

Wow, cool stuff on these... ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man" and Pretenders "Brass In Pocket"... are the mixes of these songs to your liking? Did these end up on any surround albums?

not tried any yet, i suspect they'll be live performances rather than studio originals and not expecting a great deal from the mixes but who knows! i'll post back in a bit (y)

Well I had pre-ordered Home Invasion, still loving it.
But today I've really enjoyed listening to the 2011 BD, "America: Live In Chicago". I thought I was taking a chance, because the last surround from America I acquired was "Struttin' Our Stuff" from 2004 and it sort of sucked.
The Chicago concert had me pulled in pretty quick, I thought they did a good job and had a back up band that knew their songs.

Back