Need a new amplifier - recommendations?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are thinking about prossessors I can recommend Yamaha's CX-A5100. It has 5.1 input. I have had mine for a year and like it a lot.

Thanks Mr. Spock, live long and prosper this Xmas and all that festive jazz :upthumb
(I'm thinking mostly about making it thru Xmas at the minute tbh and saying goodbye to a pretty crap year but in the new year I'll deffo look into it all, have to say i'm at a point where reliability & durability are rapidly becoming surprisingly as important as sound quality etc :) )

Thanks Mr. Spock, live long and prosper this Xmas and all that festive jazz :upthumb
(I'm thinking mostly about making it thru Xmas at the minute tbh and saying goodbye to a pretty crap year but in the new year I'll deffo look into it all, have to say i'm at a point where reliability & durability are rapidly becoming surprisingly as important as sound quality etc :) )

Thanks - and the same to you, I'm sure next year will be a great one, for all of us :)

I believe you folks was not to happy with this years Christmas Tree from us?

https://www.rt.com/viral/368935-london-christman-gherkin-tree/

hehe

Thanks - and the same to you, I'm sure next year will be a great one, for all of us :)

I believe you folks was not to happy with this years Christmas Tree from us?

https://www.rt.com/viral/368935-london-christman-gherkin-tree/

hehe

oh really.. some people are never happy, even with a 28 footer! (or whatever it was.. it was a lovely gesture imho, shame some people aren't more gracious.. ah well.. :) )

ps. that processor of yours is like £2.5k+ ..! :yikes

are you sure you're not related to J D Spockerfella..? ;)

oh really.. some people are never happy, even with a 28 footer! (or whatever it was.. it was a lovely gesture imho, shame some people aren't more gracious.. ah well.. :) )

ps. that processor of yours is like £2.5k+ ..! :yikes

are you sure you're not related to J D Spockerfella..? ;)

We will get you a nicer cucu.. tree next year!!

I paid £1600 last year on Black Friday sale.

The one year older model: Yamaha CX-A5000 can often be found at a pretty good price - almost the same unit - but it does not have Atmos.

We will get you a nicer cucu.. tree next year!!

I paid £1600 last year on Black Friday sale.

The one year older model: Yamaha CX-A5000 can often be found at a pretty good price - almost the same unit - but it does not have Atmos.

oh I'm quite happy with a cucumber.. umm... you know what I mean :eek:

well that's quite a sizeable discount (congrats!) but still too much for me I can get like 2000 records (approx) for that.. although its probably a good idea to have electrical things to play them on/with/thru.! ;)

My trusted old Cambridge Audio Azur 540 is losing it;s marbles - the digital I/O seems almost totally screwed up now especially when dealing with lightpipe input from the Sky Q box there is no analogue out (and no Co-axial digital out either) so I am stuck with lightpipe and it keeps losing the signal. Additionally the display now breaks up & distorts and becomes illegible gibberish after it has been on an hour or so.
So I need a new amp, and it needs to be able to deal with the following:
1 - 6 channel analogue in
2 - A minimum of 2 lightpipe in (one for the Sky Q and one for the PS3)
3 - various analogue stereo in.
I do not give a toss about pseudo surround but suspect they will all do this now, and a quick look shows anything half decent costing over £1,000 and well north of this.
So I would be really grateful if someone could recommend a good amplifier?

Neil, if you liked Cambridge Audio in the first place why not just buy a newer model?
They make great gear.
There a zillion options and only you can chose.
I saw a recommendation for Emotiva and although they do make great products like other brands, being outside the US poses real issues as far as price and service.
If I were you I'd check out the English Hi-Fi websites and AVForum as they will have gear more germain to your geographical location.
Good luck!

Back