Need help with cleaning interior of QRX 999

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyCuff

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello all,
I posted a few pics in the hardware gallery of the exterior, now a few of the interior. Mainly I am curious how to best clean the pots and switches, e.g. the 2nd and 3rd pics, to see if that remedies the channels cutting in and out. I bought a can of CRC electronic contact cleaner with the little straw. I expect I need to squirt a little into the pots from inside the chassis, but I can't reach them all that way. Any benefit to just pulling the knobs and squirting from the front? Also any advice on how to clean up the circuit boards (maybe a gentle vacuum with a soft brush attached to the end of the hose)?
IMG_2968.jpgIMG_2969.jpgIMG_2970.jpgIMG_2971.jpg

Eventually this will make its way to Jim at QRX restore, but I want to enjoy it for a little while if possible. Picture 4 shows how dirty it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
A beautiful receiver.

It's always best to squirt cleaner right into the openings in the pots but you can try from the front. It won't hurt anything. The only thing is it has to work its way in there around the shaft and it may not.

I always use a separate small paint brush and hold the vacuum cleaner nozzle close and brush the dust off instead of using a brush attached to the vacuum. You have better control of where you are brushing and can get into tighter spots.

Good luck.

Doug

Back