• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Need quad clarification

This is in regard to the Saint-Saens 'Organ' Symphony recorded by Jean Martinon. I can't figure out if this thing is quad or not, or whether it depends on which version you get. Try this:

Angel [US] S-37122 Cover doesn't say quad, but it uses a circle Angel logo (normally the giveaway) and the catalog number on the label itself is SQ-2-37122
EMI [France] 2C 063-14070Q Back cover says quad, but the label doesn't
EMI [Germany] 1C 065-14070Q Cover doesn't say quad but the label does - also catalog # has Q at the end
EMI [UK] ASD-3674 No mention of quad on cover or label
EMI [Netherlands] 5C 063-14070Q cover says quad, no access to label

Anyone who has any of these: I would love you to tell me what your ears tell you.

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This is in regard to the Saint-Saens 'Organ' Symphony recorded by Jean Martinon. I can't figure out if this thing is quad or not, or whether it depends on which version you get. Try this:

Angel [US] S-37122 Cover doesn't say quad, but it uses a circle Angel logo (normally the giveaway) and the catalog number on the label itself is SQ-2-37122
EMI [France] 2C 063-14070Q Back cover says quad, but the label doesn't
EMI [Germany] 1C 065-14070Q Cover doesn't say quad but the label does - also catalog # has Q at the end
EMI [UK] ASD-3674 No mention of quad on cover or label
EMI [Netherlands] 5C 063-14070Q cover says quad, no access to label

Anyone who has any of these: I would love you to tell me what your ears tell you.
Perhaps this Quad Discography Classical Selections will help http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadQVC.htm