Ghost Community "Cycle of Life" New 5.1 FLAC download incoming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This has taken me a bit by surprise!

Ghost Community is a new band formed from ex members of The Reasoning and Also Eden, both stalwarts of the UK prog scene, so the pedigree is good. This is their debut album "Cycle of Life" which has a 5.1 mix. :banana:

http://ghostcommunity.co.uk/shop/

Not much info on formats, but I know a couple of the band members so will ask and report back if I find anything out. :)

Last edited:
Me too, out of the blue. I've all The Reasoning albums so I've just purchased this, looks interesting. The 'best' pre-order is for signed CD, 5.1 FLAC & 320kbs stereo downloads on release, only £13. The 5.1 FLAC looks like a limited offer, and is a one-time download.

This has taken me a bit by surprise! I was expecting to play test it but... Oh well....

Anyway, Ghost Community is a new band formed from ex members of The Reasoning and Also Eden, both stalwarts of the UK prog scene, so the pedigree is good. This is their debut album "Cycle of Life" which has a 5.1 mix. :banana:

http://ghostcommunity.co.uk/shop/

Not much info on formats, but I know a couple of the band members so will ask and report back if I find anything out. :)

I take it this is most likely a Bruce Soord mix, out on May 23rd - added to the list!

Definitely interested, but I'd really like to hear some samples before I commit. Haven't been able to find any though...

I don't think there are any out yet, what with it being a new album from a new band, but I'm sure there will be very soon. One description I have been given from someone I trust is "Full on rock, like a proggy iron maiden but a better sound" which sounds pretty good to me. :)

I don't think there are any out yet, what with it being a new album from a new band, but I'm sure there will be very soon. One description I have been given from someone I trust is "Full on rock, like a proggy iron maiden but a better sound" which sounds pretty good to me. :)

I was in already but "proggy Iron Maiden"... I'm in deep now! :p

Me too, out of the blue. I've all The Reasoning albums so I've just purchased this, looks interesting. The 'best' pre-order is for signed CD, 5.1 FLAC & 320kbs stereo downloads on release, only £13. The 5.1 FLAC looks like a limited offer, and is a one-time download.
You could be right, but I read the limited time as being limited after the moment one has received the download link,

Please note that when your pre-order includes a download, you will be provided with a unique link on the day of release. The unique link will be valid for one download only, for a limited period of time.
5.1 download is only £5.00. :)

I take it this is most likely a Bruce Soord mix, out on May 23rd - added to the list!
it is, on their fb page it says

Well you lovely ghosts, we are finally able to open the shop for pre-orders. We are ever so excited about our first album and so very proud. Bruce Soord has done an amazing job mixing it and, we couldn't be happier.
We have put a few options in the store for you. There are bundles and individual items to choose from and, we have deliberately kept the prices as low as we possibly can. There are 6 options for you -
1) Signed CD album plus album download with a free 5.1 mix download version of the album and a promo t-shirt.
2) Signed CD album plus album download and a 5.1 mix download.
3) CD only.
4) 5.1 mix download.
5) Album download.
6) Promo T-Shirt.
We really think the Ltd Edition T-Shirts look amazing and that is down to the brilliant, Graeme Bell. If you choose a t-shirt / t-shirt bundle, you are able to specify the size for you.
Thank you SO much for all the amazing love and support, we are ever so lucky. More news soon and if you wouldn't mind sharing this please, we would be extremely grateful. Be good to one another.
Much love,
Matty, John Paul, Simon, Jake and Moray xxxxx

that's weirdest marketing move i ever have seen.
no even lone sample of the offered goods to hear and get some idea what you're buying
and yes, that's Bruce Soord mix

bs.JPG

The price for the download for 5.1 seems very fair, even for something with no sample as I have bought many things on the chance that it will be good and doesn't always work out, thats how it goes.

Only thing for the download that would have made it sweeter if it was a Dvda download option instead of flac the way Enid did as they gave option for flac or Dvda.

Neil Palfraymen, any way you could hook these guys up with the Enid group to check out how they got a Dvda download option as way prefer that for me as can burn the disk and play in car and home and lossess to boot,win,win,win.

Anyways download option ordered.

I don't like the total radio silence around this album. On fb there was a vague remark "News tonight on the new, revised release date". Has anybody found out about this release date?

This is message on facebook, looks like one month delay June 24 or a week earlier than that for preorders if done before May 30th:

Hello you lovely Ghosties, we hope all is well in your world. We have an update for you about “Cycle of Life”. Firstly, thank you so much for all the support shown, we have been quite overwhelmed by the amount of pre-orders we have received. It is very humbling to know that you lovely lot have faith in what we are trying to do. You really are a special and wonderful, bunch. Thank you.
Secondly, we had penciled in the release date as the 27th May 2016 but as Douglas Adams wrote – “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” So true! Fear not, we are only putting the official release date back by a month. There are many reasons for this, primarily it’s due to the fact that we are still in the process of getting all the digital media side of things sorted, finalising the publishing deal, finalising the set up of ROK Music (the label Ghost Community and other bands will be released via) There can be no shortcuts, no half-arsed efforts and no regrets. We need to make sure that all aspects of the music and business side are firmly in place. In light of this, the new official release date will now be - 24th June 2016.
Anyone who has pre-ordered the album (pre-orders close on the 30th May 2016) will get their copies one week early. Also, on 27th May 2016, we will be releasing a lyric video for the song “Rise Up”. This is the opening track of the album and it is a real rocker, of a song. We cannot wait for you to hear it.
We are super busy looking at gigs here and abroad with some great bands. As soon as we have more news on that plus, other GC related stuff, we promise that you will be the first to know. Thanks so much for reading, supporting us and generally for just being so bloody amazing. Be good to one another and we will catch up again, soon. We’re all in this together. John Paul, Si, Matty C, Jake and Moray xxxxx

I'm excited to finally get to hear something from these guys. The lack of teasers/soundbites and overall silence has been a little odd considering how soon the release date is, so I've held off committing to anything for that very reason. But, given Soord's involvement, I'm fairly confident this is going to be something I'll enjoy immensely.

Back