New AVR ordered...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, ssully, the TRUTH IS OUT THERE if you bother to take the time, patience and resources to invest in state of the art which HAS vastly improved in the last few decades....in case YOU haven't noticed.

Your archaic pronouncement that everything sounds the same is old and very much IN THE WAY!

Alas, no technological advance in amplifiers that I'm aware of has rendered controlled comparison methods 'archaic'.

That means that "sighted' comparisons remain scientifically worthless.

Please do not post idiotic lies about my stance. I do not claim that 'everything sounds the same'. No one does.

(Though certain 'audiophiles' do seem to believe that everything sounds *different*.)

Alas, no technological advance in amplifiers that I'm aware of has rendered controlled comparison methods 'archaic'.

That means that "sighted' comparisons remain scientifically worthless.

Please do not post idiotic lies about my stance. I do not claim that 'everything sounds the same'. No one does.

(Though certain 'audiophiles' do seem to believe that everything sounds *different*.)

We've had these 'idiotic' discussions before and we almost got banned for doing so .... so let's just leave it as To Each His Own.

Well, I finally made up my mind and purchased the Auro license. Now I can testify that Auro-3D works with FHs only (when loading the license the player asked me for the height speakers configuration I wanted).
I've done a few tests with the only BR in Auro I have (Aelita) and using Auromatic upmixer and oh man, Auromatic beats by far DTS Neural. Aelita is amazing on its own, by the way.
I'll keep on experimenting but I can also tell you that I now badly want a pair of RHs!

Oh boy....

It's been a few years since I have purchased new gear....
I just put in an order via Amazon for a new Denon AVR. I'm pretty damn well fired up. :):):)

AVRX4400H

Atmos, here I come....

View attachment 32264
Hope your enjoying your Denon AVRX440H receiver! I have the Denon AVRX4300H with similar specs (after applying the latest firmware updates) and I really love it! I'm trying to figure out how to hook up either a CD-4 demodulator or SQ decoder to the receiver using some kind of quad analog to HDMI adapter since it does not have multi-channel analog inputs other than stereo. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, I finally made up my mind and purchased the Auro license. Now I can testify that Auro-3D works with FHs only (when loading the license the player asked me for the height speakers configuration I wanted).
I've done a few tests with the only BR in Auro I have (Aelita) and using Auromatic upmixer and oh man, Auromatic beats by far DTS Neural. Aelita is amazing on its own, by the way.
I'll keep on experimenting but I can also tell you that I now badly want a pair of RHs!
License??? I don't understand that. Are you saying there are Auro 3D titles available...and the only way to properly listen is to buy a license?
I hope that's not what you mean...

On the other hand, I can listen to a 2 channel recording and apply Auro 3D and it simulates "something". I mean, it activates all 4 atmos speakers.

License??? I don't understand that. Are you saying there are Auro 3D titles available...and the only way to properly listen is to buy a license?
I hope that's not what you mean...

On the other hand, I can listen to a 2 channel recording and apply Auro 3D and it simulates "something". I mean, it activates all 4 atmos speakers.
If you can do that, it means you have the license loaded in your AVR. Without the license, all Auro features, including Automatic upmixer are disabled. With my Marantz I had to purchase the license online and apply a firmware upgrade.
Apart from the Auro demo disks, I strongly recommend you to buy Mando Diao's Aelita Pure Audio Blu-ray. Jaw dropping mix.
Same as with Atmos encoded disks, don't forget to set the player to Bitstream and select Auro 3D in your AVR when playing Auro encoded material.
I'm still experimenting with Auro and DTS:X upmixers and I like more what they do with stereo material rather than with 5.1. by the way, don't forget to play with Auro setup options when using the upmixer, as your experience will vary significantly depending on the configuration.

I Auro almost everything digital now. I say ‘almost’ because with Dolby sources, there’s a licensing restriction. DTS does not have this restriction. I’m glad your enjoying Auro-3D and I recommend others try it out if they have the capability. If not, get it! You won’t regret it! :D

Hope your enjoying your Denon AVRX440H receiver! I have the Denon AVRX4300H with similar specs (after applying the latest firmware updates) and I really love it! I'm trying to figure out how to hook up either a CD-4 demodulator or SQ decoder to the receiver using some kind of quad analog to HDMI adapter since it does not have multi-channel analog inputs other than stereo. Anyone have any ideas?

I recently acquired an Involve Surround Master and emailed them asking for a recommendation for analog to HDMI converter. They replied saying the couldn’t find one and were seriously looking at manufacturing one. Maybe you you should email them and let them know your interest.

My current solution is to convert quad analog from the SM to FLAC with a Behringer UMC404HD ($90) via a USB port to my PC. Actually this will work well for me because I convert everything to multichannel FLAC and playback via a media player (and soon in a new car with FLAC MCH playback too - no more discs get played here any more)

I recently acquired an Involve Surround Master and emailed them asking for a recommendation for analog to HDMI converter. They replied saying the couldn’t find one and were seriously looking at manufacturing one. Maybe you you should email them and let them know your interest.

My current solution is to convert quad analog from the SM to FLAC with a Behringer UMC404HD ($90) via a USB port to my PC. Actually this will work well for me because I convert everything to multichannel FLAC and playback via a media player (and soon in a new car with FLAC MCH playback too - no more discs get played here any more)
I would definitely buy one (maybe 2 or 3) of those...

Back