New Birdsong at Morning album "Signs & Wonders" out September 28th!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received this yesterday and played a few cuts from the CD on my way into work this morning. It looks to be another batch of fine tunes. I'll have to wait to hear the MCH tracks before I vote, but it certainly looks like another winner from the Birdsong gang.

The value is certainly there. I ordered this on sale from the bands website for $17.99 plus shipping. A steal for a two disk set with this much content. All of it very high quality.

Birdsong in Morning has a relatively unique sound. I was struggling to think of similar bands on this mornings commute to compare the music to. All I could come up with is Seal, Dave Matthews, and Nick Drake. So my advise, if you are even mildly interested in that genre of music, is to grab a copy of this along with "A Slight Departure" while they are still available. You wont regret it.

First listen, mine arrived a little while ago (thanks Alan). Love the descriptions from other members... this thing is stellar in all regards I must say. Tight band, excellent use of strings and very well recorded in surround with so many audio options. I’m listening in LPCM 5.1, the visuals are a great addition and I like that the colour options for the different codecs are on the inside back cover instead of the liner notebook like A Slight Departure, for the ability to play the one you want without having to turn on the display. Adult music for the discriminating ear :giggle:

Last edited:
Well crap it looks like my old Panasonic doesn't like the new Birdsong At Morning disc, having the same problem as with the new Pineapple Thief Blu-ray, blank screen no play *sigh*
Technology it's a wonderful thing....except when it isn't. Guess I am gonna have to break down and get me one of those newfangled Blu-ray players to keep up with these new and improved changes or whatever they are :rolleyes:, well at least the Pany is still playing all my 3D discs at he moment (which is what I mainly have it for...fingers crossed...now on my 2nd one). Anybody else having any problems with the Birdsong disc? Maybe I just got a bad one??? At least I still have my trusty OPPO DV-980H for everything else (y).

This disc went to press before we discovered the new code issues with these older Panasonic Blu-Ray players, but just to be clear, the failure for these discs to play is on Panasonic, not on Neil Wilkes (who authored the disc)
I’m sure Neil & the band will come up with a solution for people who have these older players, but what really needs to happen is Panasonic needs to come up with some kind of firmware update that fixes the non-play issue on their end.
This issue should not affect the upcoming “Meltdown” Blu-Ray from King Crimson because we discovered the issue before the discs were pressed up.

This disc went to press before we discovered the new code issues with these older Panasonic Blu-Ray players, but just to be clear, the failure for these discs to play is on Panasonic, not on Neil Wilkes (who authored the disc)
I’m sure Neil & the band will come up with a solution for people who have these older players, but what really needs to happen is Panasonic needs to come up with some kind of firmware update that fixes the non-play issue on their end.
This issue should not affect the upcoming “Meltdown” Blu-Ray from King Crimson because we discovered the issue before the discs were pressed up.

As I stated I lay the blame at the feet of the changing technology, software and hardware, and silly fools like me who hang to old toys. If I can replace a chip or a board or something and keep my toys going I do, and so sort of expect to be left behind when the new comes a knocking. No blame being placed on anybody in particular, I consider Mr. Wilkes a QQ God of the surround and have no doubt if there is a solution he will find it because there is pretty much no way Panasonic will be providing a fix for this as the last update for my player was back in 2014 I think and I am pretty sure my player no longer exists to them (just buy one a new one dude, it's better). In other words, welcome to the world of shit happens, deal with it! After all I've got Imagine The Ultimate Collection, Imagine & Gimme Some Truth Blu-ray & and Renaissance Prologue CD all touching down Friday, so I will cope as best I can and hope for the best (y).

Got mine today!

vyBcMv4.jpg

P8O1UJq.jpg

TS1byda.jpg

VurryRz.jpg

Will listen tonight.

Regards,

Last edited:
Just finished my first listen. I was slightly late to this one, my copy arrived today. Many thanks to Burning Shed for stocking this. Do I like it? Well its going straight back on again, I love it. Superb songs, appropriate surround mix, and excellent videos to accompany the songs, together with a couple of rather large gin and tonics :)

Hi all - thought folks might like to know that Burning Shed will now be stocking our previous CD/Blu-ray, A Slight Departure. Available for pre-order now, shipping Nov. 16. Alas, the freight costs for our 4-CD/1DVD box set Annals of My Glass House, makes it cost prohibitive for Burning Shed to stock. But we're thrilled that there has been enough interest in our music to have this great company make more of our catalog available at a more affordable total cost for UK/Europe.

Hi all - thought folks might like to know that Burning Shed will now be stocking our previous CD/Blu-ray, A Slight Departure. Available for pre-order now, shipping Nov. 16. Alas, the freight costs for our 4-CD/1DVD box set Annals of My Glass House, makes it cost prohibitive for Burning Shed to stock. But we're thrilled that there has been enough interest in our music to have this great company make more of our catalog available at a more affordable total cost for UK/Europe.

Great stuff. Just ordered both... :cool:

https://burningshed.com/formats/for...song-at-morning_a-slight-departure_cd_blu-ray
https://burningshed.com/formats/for...dsong-at-morning_signs-and-wonders_cd_blu-ray

Excellent news!! I already have Signs and Wonders from Burning Shed and it is superb, so I will have to get A Slight Departure too. Is it similar to the latest one?

When I purchased Signs And Wonders I went ahead and bought their box set Annals of My Glass House which contains four CDs and one DVD. DVD is stereo only.

That said, I am loving their music, and found one particular gem that has inspired this post: a cover of King Crimson's Matte Kudasai. It is gorgeous! I went looking in vain for a link to the track so I could post it here, but sadly the best I could find is a sample of the track on the CD Baby website. The good news is that the box set is only $30 - alot of content for the cost of a single SACD, and all in very excellent sound considering it is all Redbook. The one track is standout by virtue of familiarity, but in general I find their writing, performance, and recording to be of excellent quality.

So, stereo only, but highly recommended.

I received both albums today from Burningshed, after having listened to them in Spotify.
They're both excellent in all aspects, but sound and mix are spectacular. I'd dare to say that both are must haves to the QQ community.
Only complaint... while I love Burningshed, their shipping cost outside UK (within Europe) is too high... having any alternative would help...

Back