New Birdsong at Morning album "Signs & Wonders" out September 28th!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks - good news! We have been able to arrange for Burning Shed to distribute the album. It is available for pre-order now:

https://burningshed.com/tag/birdsong

In the end, the album is a little more expensive than ordering from our site, but the shipping costs should result in lower overall costs to our UK and European audience. Also, the initial shipments may be a bit delayed in ordering from Burning Shed - likely arriving in mid-October. So, if you want it fast, our site may still be the best source. If there is enough interest, we may be able to offer our entire catalog, though for now, it's just the new release.

We are very pleased that we can make the music more affordable, and of course to be in such awesome company!

As always, thanks for your support!!!

Alan

Hi folks - good news! We have been able to arrange for Burning Shed to distribute the album. It is available for pre-order now:

In the end, the album is a little more expensive than ordering from our site, but the shipping costs should result in lower overall costs to our UK and European audience. Also, the initial shipments may be a bit delayed in ordering from Burning Shed - likely arriving in mid-October. So, if you want it fast, our site may still be the best source. If there is enough interest, we may be able to offer our entire catalog, though for now, it's just the new release.

We are very pleased that we can make the music more affordable, and of course to be in such awesome company!

Alan

A massive thankyou from me Alan and I'm sure my fellow UKers and Europeans. This is fantastic news. Just pre-ordered. If the back catalog can happen, I'm sure it will be met with the same enthusiasm.

Alan
I'm sure you made a LOT more friends by doing that. Awesome......and by the way, you guys make wonderful music.

Alan
Excellent Alan, thanks m8.

Alan

That's fantastic news, I've ordered mine!

For further exploration of the Birdsong At Morning catalogue, this box set of four extremely well recorded discs comes highly recommended:

71aOtmaxTJL._SL1366_.jpg

Buy Used
$7.98

Add to List

Other Sellers on Amazon
7 used & new from $7.98
Have one to sell?Sell on Amazon

For further exploration of the Birdsong At Morning catalogue, this box set of four extremely well recorded discs comes highly recommended:

71aOtmaxTJL._SL1366_.jpg
Agreed! Some of my favorite tracks are from these EPs. BUT, if you're going to buy it, please support the band by buying direct! $30 is a fair price for four CDs and a DVD, especially packaged as well as they are.

Mine arrived on Friday and my wife and I listened (and watched) Saturday morning with our coffee.

This is simply brilliant. The songs are what my ears want to hear - not too predictable, not too adventurous, but satisfyingly interesting, both musically and lyrically, and the arrangements are gorgeous and perfect.

The surround mix is appropriate for the music. The elements in the rears are generally strings and percussion and widen the sound stage. The mix has a very full and natural feel to it, almost as if 5.1 has always been the standard in the way that stereo has been for the past 50 years.

If you’ve ever listened to Birdsong At Morning you already know that the sonics are impeccable.

Every song is presented with a video as an integral part of the presentation. So much so that it’s as if the songs were not meant to be heard without being seen. The videos are every bit as interesting as the music and the quality is on par with the wonderful musical arrangements and sonics.

Lastly, I really like the way the blu ray is authored. Every song can be heard in 96/24 LPCM 5.1, stereo, or DTS-HD Master Audio while watching either the accompanying video or a still screen with the lyrics. The pop-up menu allows you to momentarily view the song credits at any time without interupting the song. Also, instrumental versions are also available in stereo and 5.1, with the same visuals (even the lyrics).

If and when a poll is available for this, it will be an easy 10 from me, based simply on the description of a 10 as “must have”.

Mine arrived on Friday and my wife and I listened (and watched) Saturday morning with our coffee.

This is simply brilliant. The songs are what my ears want to hear - not too predictable, not too adventurous, but satisfyingly interesting, both musically and lyrically, and the arrangements are gorgeous and perfect.

The surround mix is appropriate for the music. The elements in the rears are generally strings and percussion and widen the sound stage. The mix has a very full and natural feel to it, almost as if 5.1 has always been the standard in the way that stereo has been for the past 50 years.

If you’ve ever listened to Birdsong At Morning you already know that the sonics are impeccable.

Every song is presented with a video as an integral part of the presentation. So much so that it’s as if the songs were not meant to be heard without being seen. The videos are every bit as interesting as the music and the quality is on par with the wonderful musical arrangements and sonics.

Lastly, I really like the way the blu ray is authored. Every song can be heard in 96/24 LPCM 5.1, stereo, or DTS-HD Master Audio while watching either the accompanying video or a still screen with the lyrics. The pop-up menu allows you to momentarily view the song credits at any time without interupting the song. Also, instrumental versions are also available in stereo and 5.1, with the same visuals (even the lyrics).

If and when a poll is available for this, it will be an easy 10 from me, based simply on the description of a 10 as “must have”.

Couldn’t agree more!

"Mine arrived on Friday and my wife and I listened (and watched) Saturday morning with our coffee.

If and when a poll is available for this, it will be an easy 10 from me, based simply on the description of a 10 as “must have”."

Ok. I SWEAR I didn't write this review myself - but it reads like a dream! So gratifying to have someone really resonate with the work, noting all the elements that have to come together from composition and performance, recording and mixing, video direction, and finally authoring the Blu-Ray. A real team effort, and a joyful process from start to finish (even over the 18 month long haul...).

Thanks to all on this thread for your steadfast support of our music. Community at its best!

Ok. I SWEAR I didn't write this review myself - but it reads like a dream! So gratifying to have someone really resonate with the work, noting all the elements that have to come together from composition and performance, recording and mixing, video direction, and finally authoring the Blu-Ray. A real team effort, and a joyful process from start to finish (even over the 18 month long haul...).

My wife could write an entire review of just the videography. She was so impressed that she kept going on and on about the angles, the colors, and the perspectives that I had to ask her to please stop so I could hear the music!

Well crap it looks like my old Panasonic doesn't like the new Birdsong At Morning disc, having the same problem as with the new Pineapple Thief Blu-ray, blank screen no play *sigh*
Technology it's a wonderful thing....except when it isn't. Guess I am gonna have to break down and get me one of those newfangled Blu-ray players to keep up with these new and improved changes or whatever they are :rolleyes:, well at least the Pany is still playing all my 3D discs at he moment (which is what I mainly have it for...fingers crossed...now on my 2nd one). Anybody else having any problems with the Birdsong disc? Maybe I just got a bad one??? At least I still have my trusty OPPO DV-980H for everything else (y).

Back