New George Benson Album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiburb

Concord Records is proud to once again partner with Monster Music® on presenting the newest George Benson album Songs and Stories on High Definition Surround™ Sound SuperDisc™. The Monster® version, also available August 25th, is a specially priced two-disc package that consists of Songs and Stories on compact disc mixed in traditional stereo and a bonus DVD, containing Monster's High Definition Stereo and Surround mixes. In addition, the bonus DVD features behind-the-scenes video footage of the making of the record including an in-depth interview with George Benson. With its innovative High Definition Surround technology Monster Music is revolutionizing the listening experience. Mastered in the highest resolution possible, HDS SuperDiscs are specially engineered to capture the true harmonic depth and tonal richness of the music. THX certified HDS SuperDiscs deliver the music through a 5.1 speaker system just the way the artist heard it in the studio when it was recorded, the way they intended you to hear it.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight - (James Taylor)
2. Family Reunion - (Rod Temperton-Catero Colbert)
3. Show Me the Love - (David Paich-Steve Lukather)
4. A Telephone Call Away - (Bill Withers)
5. Someday We'll All Be Free - (Donny Hathaway-Ed Howard)
6. Nuthin' But a Party - (Roger Troutman-Larry Troutman-Marlon McClain-Robert Harris-Christopher Lomax)
7. Come in From the Cold - (Marc Broussard-Radney Foster-Justin Tocket)
8. Exotica - (Marcus Miller)
9. Rainy Night in Georgia - (Tony Joe White)
10. One Like You - (William "Smokey" Robinson-David Garfield)
11. Living in High Definition - (Lamont Dozier)
12. Sailing - (Christopher Cross)

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/005008.html

Good news, thanks. This is I believe the 7th MonsterMusic Surround DVD-V with the first released in 2005. A release schedule of one or two titles a year is odd, but maybe there is a business plan that makes sense in there somewhere.

Chris

Thanks for the heads up! I have the George Benson/Al Jarrreau Monster Disc and it is well done! A little heavy on the smooth jazz side but that's OK too.

Nice! One for the "shopping cart", that's for sure!

thanks - so, compressed DTS, it's like a DTS CD ultimately.

Audience and stage mixes are what AIX do on their DVD-As as well.

thanks - so, compressed DTS, it's like a DTS CD ultimately.

Audience and stage mixes are what AIX do on their DVD-As as well.

Your welcome - however, unlike a DTS CD, assuming you have the ability to decode DTS 96/24, Monster Discs have a higher sampling rate and additional video features (making of documentary, interviews, digital files, etc.). At the end of the day it is still not lossless - so if that is a problem, then the other bits won't be of much interest.

And yes, the stage and audience mixes are similar to AIX - though these will have a more produced (read "slick")sound than the "live" presentation featured on the typical AIX release.

I'll likely be grabbing this one and will post a review.

I own the Benson/Jarreau project as well as the Ray Charles (same mix as SACD but includes bonus tracks and extra features) and the Vince Guaraldi Trio Charlie Brown Christmas. Nice stuff and I wish Monster would make more. Nobody else makes surround sound for headphones! :D

Dan

Well, either advance orders cleaned them out or the release has been delayed (again):

Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Stories...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254832645&sr=1-2

Concord has this listed as an Oct. 20 release date.

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/Songs-and-Stories-CD-DVD-CRE-31798-00/

Back