• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
In the past month, we have increased the membership here by over 100 new members! This is great. However, there are a LOT of members who never post.

There are also folks who signed up with bogus email addresses and email addresses that block the return verification email that verifies the membership application allowing the new members to post.

I would like to clear out all of the orphaned memberships that have been created over the last year so that we can have a good feel for how many true members we really have.

If you lurkers would please post a response to this tread, just say "Hello", or tell us about your system, or your favorite surround title, or even just a message with a dancing banana or smile, this would make your post count = 1 and I will know that you are a participating member.
OK now, let's get a real long thread goin here from members with no posts!

WELCOME!

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi everyone,

It all started about a year ago when I first heard of SACD and the upcomming Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon release. I knew at that instant that this disc was going to cost me hundreds of dollars. Now, new receiver, new dvd player (DVD-a and SACD), new center and surround speakers and (of course the $14 for a) new copy of DSOTM I'm hooked up for surround. I like it.

I only completed the system about a month ago, but have collected a few discs. My favorites so far are the DSOTM, PF's Wish You Were Here (why isn't this on SACD yet??) and The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. And, in case anyone with any clout reads these posts, I would love to see any/all of the Dandy Warhols in surround as well as more Floyd. I think some of the U2 catalog would suit the surround treatment as well. I guess the record companies just don't want our money that bad...

Lost my original quad system & Quad LP collection in a divorce 25 years ago. She stored the whole pile in a basement for decades. Then, last year, my son returned it to me. WOW! the old JVC quad receiver still worked & the 30 year old BOSE 901's still sounded great.

Found this site on the internet & read most everything written.

I sent the JVC Quad receiver for a thorough exam to the doctor of QUAD: QUADBOB. The first thing he does is sell me one of his rebuilt 9001's!

That purchase was no mistake! The sound is awsome! We listen to it everyday! Continued to buy quad albums all over ebay, and have spent a small fortune on both albums and miscellaneous audio products.

I'm hooked!

After a recent remodelling to our home we now have "QUAD" speakers in 4 rooms: "Bedroom", Library", "Basement Den", & "Workshop"

Bob says he is still working on the JVC, promises to have it (and a Sansui decoder) back to me before Christmas HA! HA! When we do get them back we wil be able to hear what the speakers in the "Bedroom" and the "Basement Den" sound like.

We thoroughly enjoy old QUAD vinyl albums, and enjoy a wide variety of types of music from Miles Davis to Ravel, from Santana to Leonard Bernstein.

We prefer the discrete sound of CD-4 to any of the other formats, the Variomatrix decoder in the Sansui is our second choice, but we have not as yet stepped up to purchase one of the legendary the "Mighty Tates".

I wish I'd purchased one a year ago. Recently, Tates on ebay have gone up in "Value". It is like, I'm hooked & my drug supplier is raising prices on me!

Bill

BananaSlug said:
My favorites so far are the DSOTM, PF's Wish You Were Here (why isn't this on SACD yet??) and The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. ...
Are you referring to the SQ vinyl of Wish You Were Here? Or is there a DVD-A of this album out there that I'm not aware of?

H

HandsomeRobb

Hi umm i new i dont know alot bout sound systems cept i know how to pick them out and i know how to turn it up and i cant listen to loud rock unless i have crystal clear quality

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
KevinD9052 said:
Are you referring to the SQ vinyl of Wish You Were Here? Or is there a DVD-A of this album out there that I'm not aware of?
There's a DTS conversion floating about in the PF community. I believe the copy I have is from the Q8.

hi. my name is george. i am 53 yrs old and live in clio mi. north of detroit. i first became interested in quad in about 1973 when i saw,fell in love with,and bought a sansui qrx-5500.my interest has been rekindled after 30 years for a couple of reasons.first,i just can't get music to sound good on a home theater system-most of the current equipment is junk in my opinion.second,i came across a box of quad records i had saved from way back-i just can't bring myself to get rid of them.i have about 50-i must of had several hundred at one time.so my intent is to build a killer quad system for myself. my son thinks im crazy,but he has no idea how cool my old system was.i am going to remodel my family room for my music room.so for the past 3 months i have been buying mostly broken sansui quad stuff on ebay to repair(if i can ever find the time and set up a repair bench)i do have a working qrx-7001.my favorite album,right off the top of my head,would prob be pretzel logic-steely dan.hmmm-im starting to ramble so i will sign off. maybe more later, george

XgieroX

Hello

Just picked up quadraphonic reciever from my local SA store (Superscope R-310) I haven't checked the unit yet but I'm kind of new to the scene and boys @ AudioKarma steer me this way to find out some more info about Quadra systems.

Hi,

Long time lurker and surround sound nut here. I stumbled into this via the DTS music discs. Now I'm one of the poor souls looking for more content to come out on DVDA and SACD discs (multichannel only please!). I'd also like to thank Timbre4 for all his work with the DVDA list - it is soooo helpful!

Bill

kris654

Hi all
Way back in the 70's I got into quad, bought a Pioneer RT1020L Reel to Reel, which played quad but would not record it. Also purchased a Pioneer quad adaptor (cant remember which one) for the rear channels and and used (I think a Sony as the main reciever, but not sure) Hey we are looking way back..remember that senior moments are permitted lol..then I purchased a pair of Altec Lantzing Model 15 studio Monitors..they were super and so was the price ($1000.00 each in the mid 80's), I once heard it said they would crack the plaster on the walls and they would to ..lol...well as time went on and I got divorced (you know the drill) and lost all of that..I know find myself wanting to return to my by-gone days of yester-year. I recently purchased a nice Teac 3340 quad R-R in pretty good condition..a few quad tapes and a few that are just stereo..running thru an Onkyo R1 reciever I have JBL twin 10in woofers 3way tower speakers for the front..with a cpl small Bose in the rear 2way speakers..a twin 51/2 Klipsh center speaker. I am looking for a sansui 9001 quad reciever in good condition and perhaps some day hope to replace the front speakers with the power ones I had before..Take care all

Captain Wrong

Urr...not quite new, I posted a bit and did some deals with some of you at the old board. I just fell off the earth for a while, but I'm back.

Cheers.

wedweb

Hi. I have a Sony SQR-4750 and am in the process of looking for some quad headphones to use with it.

Wedweb

:worthy I went from pro-logic to pining for Sony's 4 or 5 thousand dollar SACD player what, 9 years ago, but settaled for a Denon AVR-1800 with audio hook-ups, (for the future), and a Sony DVP-S330 DTS player. About 8 months ago, got a bonus at worked and finally popped for a Pioneer 45A. I went from pergatory to heaven in just a few hours. I replaced my Altec Lansing 95's with some Ohm model C2 speakers I found next to a dipsty dumpster with one blown woofer. After a new 10" Pioneer and a Mirage 150 I have no bass management issues. Anyone know about Ohm?
Even though my family and friends admit they've never heard anything like it, no one I know quite gets it. Maybe it's the musical backgroung I had as a kid. It's such an audio-challenged world out there, I'm so greatfull to have found your forum.
My favorite discs are EL&P BSS, DSOTM and GBYBR, all played about two notches louder than I can stand.

Learning Lookie-Loo. Rock On!
:banana:
JonUrban said:
In the past month, we have increased the membership here by over 100 new members! This is great. However, there are a LOT of members who never post.

There are also folks who signed up with bogus email addresses and email addresses that block the return verification email that verifies the membership application allowing the new members to post.

I would like to clear out all of the orphaned memberships that have been created over the last year so that we can have a good feel for how many true members we really have.

If you lurkers would please post a response to this tread, just say "Hello", or tell us about your system, or your favorite surround title, or even just a message with a dancing banana or smile, this would make your post count = 1 and I will know that you are a participating member.

If you try to respond to this post and cannot because your ISP blocked the verification email, or if you forgot your username or password, send me an email and I will activate your accout manually as long as the email comes from the same address as the one that you originally applied with.

OK now, let's get a real long thread goin here from members with no posts!

WELCOME!

webmaster@quadraphonicquad.com

Yikes! I gotta come up with a dancing banana?!?

What a tough forum, man.... ;)

Actually this is my second post but I thought I'd pop into this thread - just in case!

Gary

Oh wait.... here it is! :banana:

Now that's funny! :sun