• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)

bigbillquad

800 Club - QQ All Star
hello my name is larry. i have a pioneer qx 747 and a pioneer pl 503 turntable. i used a ed sanders 4 channel cartridge with no luck, so now i have a jvc 4md 20x and a new old stock from ebay and still no quad sound ...after having the bottom of my recever off i found that some one over the years sauderd some wiers back togather .sucks for me im out a little bit of money .so after saying all this shoud i go back on ebay and get another pioneer 747 or 949 or did the demouglter bord go ou tin my pioneer .i have stereo sound but not quad ...im so mad .if some one can find me on face book or somthing that would be good or just call me some day in the moring .i have lots of qustans .im on face book larry ingram from colorado springs .now living in indiana.
Hi. Shenanigans7586

Its sounds like you have had a ..bum deal there.. the help you are asking is a hard one to give...:yikes.... if you are series in staying with vintage Quad gear what I would do is find a Audio Tech and have him assess what is wrong & how much it would cost to correct, even if you up grade to the 949 unless it has been restored you might find that it may need to be restored latter on down the road & this is where how much are you willing to spend to stay with vintage Quad.
If you have a collection of Quad LP`s you have to way up the cost to have the pleasure to play them.
The cartridge JVC 4md 20x you are referring to is for CD-4 Quad this is a more tricky Quad format to get right and that is a hole story that you can get her on QQ.
O by the way great to have you joint QQ......
Bill....

Snood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
Hi Shenans

Welcome to the forums and I suggest you post your dilemma in our Quad hardware section also - that way you will get a lot more people looking at your question.

Either way, welcome aboard and please keep on posting. :banana: Lotta friendly smart techie quad people here ready to help. :cool:

Hello all! I have just become a member of this forum and this is my first post.

Recently I have succumed to multichannel mix madness.:mad:@:

It all started back in July when my roommate moved out and took his massive couch with him. At first I was disappointed that I was losing this colossus of comfort but then I realized that I would have enough free space to set up my old Cerwin-Vega towers in the back and have a dedicated multichannel music setup. Since then I have been on the search for new source material (I was only aware of half a dozen releases - most of which I owned) which led me here.

The surround polls are awesome in helping to decide what to buy and soon I'll be casting my votes.:smokin

Since discovering this forum I have purchased 8 new disks:D and plan on buying more. I even realized a couple of the albums that I already owned were infact mutichannel SACDs.:yikes

I have been bit by the multichannel mix bug (a quadapiller if you will) and am finding that I only want to listen to music in this format.

Thank You Quadrophonic Quad!
:51banana:

bigbillquad

800 Club - QQ All Star

It all started back in July when my roommate moved out and took his massive couch with him. At first I was disappointed that I was losing this colossus of comfort but then I realized that I would have enough free space to set up my old Cerwin-Vega towers in the back and have a dedicated multichannel music setup. Since then I have been on the search for new source material (I was only aware of half a dozen releases - most of which I owned) which led me here.

The surround polls are awesome in helping to decide what to buy and soon I'll be casting my votes.:smokin

Since discovering this forum I have purchased 8 new disks:D and plan on buying more. I even realized a couple of the albums that I already owned were infact mutichannel SACDs.:yikes

I have been bit by the multichannel mix bug (a quadapiller if you will) and am finding that I only want to listen to music in this format.

Hi.Quadrophiliac

Welcome aboard it sound like you have the multichannel sickness ....:chill....out and you will find a wealth of multichannel info her at QQ...
Bill.

wavelength

Welcome to a fellow Albertan!

Snood

Staff member
One of Us:banana::banana::banana:

He has been truly bit and we must let the infection take hold:cool:

He will be reborn as fellow multichannel fanatic and there will be no going back muhahaha:banana:

The bananas have spoken :51banana:

Welcome aboard quadrophiliac :banana::banana::banana:

LuvMyQuad

800 Club - QQ All Star

I will give you the same advise I give all the quad-smitten newbies I come across....

The Dark Side of the Moon....

the Alan Parsons Quad mix ....

get it. :cool::cool::cool:

In the past month, we have increased the membership here by over 100 new members! This is great. However, there are a LOT of members who never post.

There are also folks who signed up with bogus email addresses and email addresses that block the return verification email that verifies the membership application allowing the new members to post.

I would like to clear out all of the orphaned memberships that have been created over the last year so that we can have a good feel for how many true members we really have.

If you lurkers would please post a response to this tread, just say "Hello", or tell us about your system, or your favorite surround title, or even just a message with a dancing banana or smile, this would make your post count = 1 and I will know that you are a participating member.
OK now, let's get a real long thread goin here from members with no posts!

WELCOME!
hello my name is Patrick Richardson in the last year I have gotten into the quadraphonic receivers started with the Sansui 6500 any Marantz 4430 recently purchased a Sansui 8000 1QRX and I will be in need of some professional help it looks like. I'm in a long time record Collector musician guitarist and audio addict. I have a small record and vintage electronics store mostly to put the items I can't fit in my house thank you

Snood

Staff member
hello my name is Patrick Richardson in the last year I have gotten into the quadraphonic receivers started with the Sansui 6500 any Marantz 4430 recently purchased a Sansui 8000 1QRX and I will be in need of some professional help it looks like. I'm in a long time record Collector musician guitarist and audio addict. I have a small record and vintage electronics store mostly to put the items I can't fit in my house thank you
Hiya Rickr - Awesome you came to the right place to get your questions answered. Say this a bunch, but it troooooooooooo......Lotta koo and nice people here willing to help :banana:

Welcome aboard Rickr - You gonna love all the new tunes in multichannel :cool:

WayneR5

In the past month, we have increased the membership here by over 100 new members! This is great. However, there are a LOT of members who never post.

There are also folks who signed up with bogus email addresses and email addresses that block the return verification email that verifies the membership application allowing the new members to post.

I would like to clear out all of the orphaned memberships that have been created over the last year so that we can have a good feel for how many true members we really have.

If you lurkers would please post a response to this tread, just say "Hello", or tell us about your system, or your favorite surround title, or even just a message with a dancing banana or smile, this would make your post count = 1 and I will know that you are a participating member.
OK now, let's get a real long thread goin here from members with no posts!

WELCOME!
Hi, folks

PhilB

Hi all - I'm just entering this corner of music and equipment. I found a few quad albums at the thrift, nearly bought a quad Motorola stereo, and hope to get a modest setup, but I can't spend a lot. So, for now, I'll be reading your stories and comments, thanks.

Hello!

Huge fan of surround/multichannel sound and its many facets, and dabbling in surround mixing myself. I'm definitely going to become a regular here!