• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)

Hi there!

This is a great site and a great source of info for good music! Been checking out for well over a year... And finally managed to register.

Just a heads up - it took a couple of times to register. The email activation link does't always come through and in that case there is no way to contact using that log in... You're sort of stuck in a 'no permission' purgatory unable to view polls or try and get a new activation email sent out. But after getting another email set up I'm finally in!

Whoop!

I got into surround music visiting the states and I bought a Rolling Stones magazine that had a SACD sampler with it. This site has enabled me to find out many new albums that I was unaware of so thanks for the reviews!

I shall do the same with my limited collection.

Cheers

Will

Clint Eastwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi there!

This is a great site and a great source of info for good music! Been checking out for well over a year... And finally managed to register.

Just a heads up - it took a couple of times to register. The email activation link does't always come through and in that case there is no way to contact using that log in... You're sort of stuck in a 'no permission' purgatory unable to view polls or try and get a new activation email sent out. But after getting another email set up I'm finally in!

Whoop!

I got into surround music visiting the states and I bought a Rolling Stones magazine that had a SACD sampler with it. This site has enabled me to find out many new albums that I was unaware of so thanks for the reviews!

I shall do the same with my limited collection.

Cheers

Will
Welcome to the forum:bounce17...sorry to hear that it was a problem with the registration process...I'm glad you kept trying(y)

Snood

Staff member
Just joined. Thrilled to be a part of it. Have a Akai reel to reel quad I just picked up. looking for vintage tapes. Proving to be quite a chore as I’m sure everyone is aware.
Wooooooooooooooohooooo John Joined - Snood no know who you are but Awesome you are here - hopefully get to know ya on the forums :banana::banana::banana:

Manimarco

I just joined, Thanks. I have a Technics SA 8000x I just bought. I really like the 70's stuff but this is my first quad and so far I really like it. I hooked it up to my 15" Lafayette Goodmans and it sounds great! But needs the pots cleaned. CIMG3136.JPG CIMG3137.JPG

Snood

Staff member
I just joined, Thanks. I have a Technics SA 8000x I just bought. I really like the 70's stuff but this is my first quad and so far I really like it. I hooked it up to my 15" Lafayette Goodmans and it sounds great! But needs the pots cleaned. View attachment 32038 View attachment 32037
Hiya Manimarco - Aweeeeeeeeeeeesome Pics and welcome to the wonderful world of Surrrrrrround SOund - you are gonna loooooooooove it. Make sure you ask any and all questions ya have because there are going to be a few and there are quite a few people here ready to help ya out.

Preeeeeeeeeeeety Greeen is awesome Welcome again :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I just joined, Thanks. I have a Technics SA 8000x I just bought. I really like the 70's stuff but this is my first quad and so far I really like it. I hooked it up to my 15" Lafayette Goodmans and it sounds great! But needs the pots cleaned. View attachment 32038 View attachment 32037
they certainly made nice looking equipment in the 70s! (y)

Hi Folks,

I usually hang out on audiokarma but this forum keeps coming up more and more in my google searches, so here I am after lurking for a couple of months. I'm really into restoring vintage amplifiers, mostly Sansui from 60s and 70, but also other brands. I'm also into restoring reel-to-reel machines and archiving prerecorded tapes into digital format. I dabled with 5.1 when it first came out and then went back to 2-channel ever since. Well, I've had this growing bug to try one of the sansui quad offerings. A long time ago I bought a Sansui QS-1 (which I know has limited capability) but I need to repair it and haven't got it going yet. Lately I got more and more curious about the QRX9001 and an interesting amp to restore... lots of things for me to fix up inside ;). I almost grabbed a QSD-2, which I understand has a similar setup to the X001 circuits. Well I just bought the 3-band QSD-1 instead..... and well, that's that.... I'm hooked. What is mind blowing is how well sounds get steered around when I watch regular 2channel movies and tv shows. I can hear I need to align the QSD-1 (left is a bit lower than right), so I will do that shortly and toy with the debated bleed resistors which I can see at the inputs and outputs of the QSD-1. I'm a bit fan of getting rid of electrolytic caps in signal path so that is on the cards too. I have some experience with characterizing transistors and circuits, and will also toy with lowering the noise floor of the QSD-1, which is acceptable but audible.

Additionally, I'm very excited about the Involve Surround Master (and yes, I've read the various threads...); I'm getting one of those as soon as they come out with the new case (which the chaps over at Involve told me is 3 months (which they said means 6 months)).

Cheers from San Francisco
based on my experience you will not be disappointed with the Surround Master. :)

bigbillquad

800 Club - QQ All Star
based on my experience you will not be disappointed with the Surround Master. :)
Hi. smurfer

Welcome aboard, I am a Sansui man myself I have the QRX9001 which needs a big overhaul & QRX8001 has been overhauled & QRX 7001 & QRX5001 & QRX2000 & QRX3000 plus QSD-2 unit and the Surround Master yes it will be worth the wait, you want regret having the new Surround Master .
Bill.....(y)

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm a great fan of surround since years. surprisingly i only came to know this site this january.
better late than never. my system is a 5.1 for now. LS : 5 self-built Visaton Symphonie AVR: pioneer SC-LX801 BR-player: Sony BDP-S7200 (plays SACD)
My absolute favorits are: Roxy Music: Avalon and Steely Dan: Gaucho
cheers

Snood

Staff member
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome Letichou - Welcome Aboard :SB

2 great titles there also and very kooooo Sound system - Glad you stuck around for the transition - You probably know this by now - but if you have any questions or comments please do ask :rocks

Lotta friendly Awesome people here to help out in any way they can :love: Just watch out for that guy Snooooooooood :unsure:

Glad you posted and hope to see ya posting toooooooooo :SG

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
I have one request of new (and not so new) members ... a pet peeve actually. Why not include your location in your profiles? Nobody is asking for your address or phone number. You don't even have to post your city if you are paranoid or in witness protection. This is especially important when you are asking for help. This is a global forum, and there are different voltages to consider ... not to mention currency issues if you are buying, selling, or asking for opinions about the value of things. If you are in the United States, please don't assume that we will know that if you don't tell us.

Last edited: