New Nosound album "Allow Yourself" (5.1 FLAC files with Burning Shed preorder)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers everyone, with this album we are hoping to arrive also to new audience, the one that is also more similar to the music we listen to, and so we expect that the more 'prog only' audience might be disappointed, or the one that expects 'more of the same' from us, but to read here of newcomers liking it just because of the single tells us we're heading the right direction and we'll have listeners on our side :)

Surprisingly also the song has been added and featured on some prominent playlists, that is all for good. Thanks for you feedback, keep it coming if you want, spread the word with your friends, is just the start!

I'm in the privileged position of having heard the whole album a few times, and to me this is very much a song based album rather than musical 'pieces', and some songs shock, like "Don't You Dare" and others are just 'beautiful/haunting'. Perhaps Giancarlo can say why he has gone for a more song based album. If you listen to Sol29 through to Scintilla (and I did out of curiosity!) you can hear the progression/experimentation coming through album on album, and the new album follows on from that. I love it, it works for me. If I find the music 'emotive' or 'exciting' I find it 'clicks' with me, which is what I have found with Allow Yourself, some tracks have made me have to pick up my guitar and try and play an accompaniment. I'm also just listening to the 5.1 for the first time, I like what I hear, suits the music.

Nosound will be playing in The Netherlands on 29-12-2018 at Crosslands 2018, https://www.drucultuurfabriek.nl/agenda/2018/12/crosslands-festival RPWL will be there as well. The venue is nearby the border with Germany so for our eastern friends it might be something to consider as well.

Promises to be a nice day at the end of the year. Perhaps a little QQ meet up is a possibility?

Nosound will be playing in The Netherlands on 29-12-2018 at Crosslands 2018, https://www.drucultuurfabriek.nl/agenda/2018/12/crosslands-festival RPWL will be there as well. The venue is nearby the border with Germany so for our eastern friends it might be something to consider as well.

Promises to be a nice day at the end of the year. Perhaps a little QQ meet up is a possibility?

There should be workshops there, I asked a few times about any workshop possible for us, but you can also forward your request for some sort of Surround workshop, I'd happily meet some of you or have a chat about the surround mixing process etc. :)

There should be workshops there, I asked a few times about any workshop possible for us, but you can also forward your request for some sort of Surround workshop, I'd happily meet some of you or have a chat about the surround mixing process etc. :)
Hi Giancarlo, thanks buddy. Sounds good. Yogi Lang from RPWL is there too, so maybe a surround workshop with the two of you is a possibility.

Hello everyone, in the meantime today we're launching our new single/video, Shelter

https://www.echoesanddust.com/2018/08/exclusive-video-premiere-nosound-shelter/

This is another track indicating the different direction of the new album, although in a different way than Don't You Dare. Looking forward to your comments!

As usual if you ordered or will order from our official shop at Burning Shed, you can (re)download your file from your Account and you'll get now both singles in flac surround, binaural and stereo mp3 :)

What location are you? We didn't put any block to the video, should be visible in every country. Or is just whole Youtube that's blocked? We'll later publish it also on FB...
I've been bouncing all over Southwest Asia, from Iraq to Afghanistan, all year. YouTube is generally not blocked. Just getting a message that "This video is not available in your country."

I've been bouncing all over Southwest Asia, from Iraq to Afghanistan, all year. YouTube is generally not blocked. Just getting a message that "This video is not available in your country."

I asked Kscope and they said the video is available freely all over the World, can you try reloading? Only thing I can think about is censorship, as there are two women involved...could that be?

Just played/watched it once via the embed - really like that track a lot. It's "Nosound" yet it's different. Hearing a second song puts "Don't You Dare" into a better perspective for me too, I can see it fitting and flowing together as part of a whole album. It took me several listens to "get" the first track, and after downloading and playing the surround it really grew on me - off now to get the new download!

Thanks for the feedback! I think this album is in many ways a simpler album than previous ones, but is also more direct and different, so I think can take some time to get used to it if someone knew Nosound already.

And no worries you guys here you know you would anyway get a way to download the surround directly from the source :) You helped a lot during the years establishing my and Nosound name as well in the surround field, so I'm here for you as much as I can!

I like "Shelter" much better than “Don’t You Dare”. I love the old Nosound songs so I really miss the guitars. Nosound always had a special atmosphere which is not possible to create with just a few synths. I certainly would not like to watch my favourite band :love: becoming another one of those boring ambient bands. I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion :cautious:
Keep up the good work!

I like "Shelter" much better than “Don’t You Dare”. I love the old Nosound songs so I really miss the guitars. Nosound always had a special atmosphere which is not possible to create with just a few synths. I certainly would not like to watch my favourite band :love: becoming another one of those boring ambient bands. I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion :cautious:
Keep up the good work!

Not offended at all, actually when our fans knowing our music say such things they're telling me I'm doing it right, because they confirm a bigger change finally had happened, and as it was the most natural thing for me to do I also know it was not forced and was just the right time :)

Nosound actually were ambient before much more than now in Scintilla and even more in Allow Yourself, actually most bands doing 'ambient' or 'wallpaper' music use guitars, just with tons of reverb and effects, while more raw and contemporary/modern ones use synths. I guitar clean or distorted is a very flat instrument compared to the raw oscillator of an analog synth, guitars in general have 'that' sound and technically (in terms of what you can play on them) speaking a limited amount of things you can do with them, while electronics can do everything.

Thanks for the encouragement, I do encourage you all in exchange to listen to music with open mind, without expecting what was before, I would dare without expecting anything, just like it or not, whatever it is (rock or dub, ambient or hard core). That was the biggest shift I did as a listener years ago and that led to my change being a more mature musician and producer now and able to make an album like Allow Yourself :)

Back