Oppo 205

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I have been selected in the Oppo lottery...since I recently got a 203 and have a pristine 103D I really don't need it...so I'm thinking of getting it for an investment...so if I sold it on here to a member...I'm thinking the $1800 or $1900 range...which would include shipping...and IF it was a member of this forum I could offer one thing that Ebay sellers couldn't offer...warranty protection....if a member that purchased it from me had a problem within the warranty period... I could make sure the warranty was honored...as I would contact Oppo as the registered owner.....the goal for me is to make a profit...but I think at that price point it's still a value for someone wanting one.....

I'm just kicking this idea around..but I'd love some input...preferably by PM

I have been selected in the Oppo lottery...since I recently got a 203 and have a pristine 103D I really don't need it...so I'm thinking of getting it for an investment...so if I sold it on here to a member...I'm thinking the $1800 or $1900 range...which would include shipping...and IF it was a member of this forum I could offer one thing that Ebay sellers couldn't offer...warranty protection....if a member that purchased it from me had a problem within the warranty period... I could make sure the warranty was honored...as I would contact Oppo as the registered owner.....the goal for me is to make a profit...but I think at that price point it's still a value for someone wanting one.....

I'm just kicking this idea around..but I'd love some input...preferably by PM

How dare YOU, Clinty!

Ralphie would want it for $1299, the original asking price and I'd even consider s/h from the International Space Station ........ probably an additional $400........

International-Space-Station-Wallpaper-3.jpg

Wonder if OPPOs operate in Zero Gravity?

For godssake Clint, keep it!!
A year or less from now you'll regret it.

Last edited:
And IF skinflinty Clinty doesn't give me his new OPPO 205 for 'the nice price' I'll go back a year in QQ forum and change my like(y) approvals for his posts to unlike(n) and instead of being Mr. hot shot Popularity, he'll just be another ordinary pimply faced kid from the Florida Panhandle!

Florida-Panhandle-196419.jpg

This Property is CONDEMNED!

The Consequence of messing with 4~ears:

653f09fedc305ad96ff0f7272df19fa7624f3c7e.jpg

BACK TO MONO?

Last edited:
Although I am cussing you for being drawn to get one...I am still happy for you. Kind of like my default response to seeing a guy drive by in a Lambo is that he has to be a dick, but only because he is in the car instead of me.

Congratulations!

Or maybe you could send your 103D off to a new home and keep your 203 as a back up for your shiny new 205. Hint, hint.

I am on the list from at least July 8th, but I signed up for the 203. Guess they aren't distributing those atm. Wish I had done both now :cautious:

I hear you, brother. It's the 203 that I really wanted, as the 205 is overkill for me. (I should have jumped on the one that @Steve Schoultz was selling, but I'm glad for the QQ'er who nabbed it.) I tried calling Oppo to see if there was any chance of them discovering a few more 203s in a warehouse or a storage closet or something, but they've ended phone support altogether. We'll see how quickly they answer my email. I've got about 12 hours left to pull the trigger on the 205--assuming they're not all gone now, too...

Please buy it. If you don't want it, I am sure someone over here will take it off your hands.

Okay: I bowed to peer (and FOMO) pressure. Since I'm not all that far from Silicon Valley, I expect to take delivery within a few days. And if my kid needs new shoes or school supplies any time soon, you can expect to see a lightly used UDP-205 coming up for sale here on QQ....

Okay: I bowed to peer (and FOMO) pressure. Since I'm not all that far from Silicon Valley, I expect to take delivery within a few days. And if my kid needs new shoes or school supplies any time soon, you can expect to see a lightly used UDP-205 coming up for sale here on QQ....
You can always sell it and buy a 203 and pocket some money.

With glasses free 3D TV. (y)

That comes under the heading of HOLOGRAPHY. Unless they can project a 3D [or, rather, 360 degree] image into a room [and NOT on a FLAT screen] like Princess Leia in Star Wars ...... 3D glasses are here to stay.

leia-hologram.jpg

I'm sure the technology might be in place but one would have to have a dedicated elevated platform [or facsimile] in their viewing rooms to effect such a feat....and the hardware and software to effectively pull it off.

Get cracking, Perp: the future of HOLOGRAPHY for home theaters lay in your hands! You could transform SoCal into the next "SILLY CONE" Valley!

bb33013ec53ab6c13c269e6cb201ec3e.jpg

Last edited:
Back