New Order - A Collection - the surround mix on DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennon fan

I can't understand this disc, it sounds like it has discrete elements but it sounds like extraction, does anyone how this was done? Also, sound quality varies greatly from track to track.

Definitely an upmix of sorts. The only discrete elements are added sounds for the videos. Too bad, would really enjoy some New Order in real surround.
I think the sound quality varies mainly due to the various sources and productions...
Still, I can see myself playing this occasionally, as I've heard much worse video compilations and there's not much 5.1 stuff in this genre.

I recently found the 2-disc set for cheap and picked it up. The videos themselves range from oddly intriguing to really cringe worthy. The live performance of temptation was almost painful. But there are 1/2 dozen noteworthy tracks worth a repeated look/listen, and some songs actually sound pretty decent for Dolby, if not really discrete. I have not played the second disc which I believe is just a documentary. If you are a fan, and see this "NEW ORDER - ITEM" for under $10 or so it is worth picking up. Just a quick update: The second disc is a documentary intertwined with many of the same videos, all in stereo only, however. For hard core fans (of this band, ahem) only.

Last edited:
Back