New Pop/Soul/Jazz Surround SACDs - Billy Paul, Chase, George Benson, Weather Report (Sept 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to Chase last night for the first time.....there was one song that totally reminded me of Bitches Brew...but I have no clue which song it was.

isn't it wonderful..!! here we are talking about these lovely old Quad gems..
and we can buy them right now on new and in-print releases, from more than one label and from than one country, in stunning discrete surround master tape quality!! :LB

...is this really happening?? o_O
pinch me!! :p
ooh! that's an "ouch!" moment :eek:
..but pain can be pleasurable when it means its not just a dream these Quads are available again but a glorious reality!!! :QQlove

Amazing, isn’t it! I’m out of town until Oct 18. Hopefully my Chase SACD is waiting when I return. I’ve waited 44 years for this, and can’t take any more delay for this surprise release! Pure Music is in my all-time top five albums.

isn't it wonderful..!! here we are talking about these lovely old Quad gems..
and we can buy them right now on new and in-print releases, from more than one label and from than one country, in stunning discrete surround master tape quality!! :LB

...is this really happening?? o_O
pinch me!! :p
ooh! that's an "ouch!" moment :eek:
..but pain can be pleasurable when it means its not just a dream these Quads are available again but a glorious reality!!! :QQlove

Amazing, isn’t it! I’m out of town until Oct 18. Hopefully my Chase SACD is waiting when I return. I’ve waited 44 years for this, and can’t take any more delay for this surprise release! Pure Music is in my all-time top five albums.

roll on Pure Music Thursday!! :SB
i'm midway thru the Chase SACD (again) and even though Pure Music is the killer album for me, I'm enjoying the S/T Quad more than I ever did, when the trumpets did their self-indulgent round the room "look here we are! we've got the horn and we're not afraid to use it!" thing I just burst out laughing! its ridiculous but boy is it FUN and its never sounded better :rocks

roll on Pure Music Thursday!! :SB
i'm midway thru the Chase SACD (again) and even though Pure Music is the killer album for me, I'm enjoying the S/T Quad more than I ever did, when the trumpets did their self-indulgent round the room "look here we are! we've got the horn and we're not afraid to use it!" thing I just burst out laughing! its ridiculous but boy is it FUN and its never sounded better :rocks
NO doubt...the quad on this one is a freak-show lmao!

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously in this thread.

Listened to the quad mix of Tale Spinnin' tonight for the first time, after listening to the stereo mix for the first time last week. Stonking great album, and the quad mix is fun at worst, immersive at best. I did, however, note a few omissions from the quad mix; just little elements here and there. I'm guessing Zawinul and Shorter were absent for the quad remix and Botnick just left out the stuff he didn't like. The most noticeable difference is the lack of sped up vocals on the intro to "Badia."

Back