New Q8s coming! ReQuads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlrocker

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
As you have to know by now I make my own quad reel to reels from all the multi-track recordings I made in the home DAW revolution of the last decade.
The latest news is I recorded my first Q8 last night from my supply of quad 8 track tapes. I will be listing these re-recorded re-labeled quad 8 tracks at my ebay store this week.
I don't know what the market will pay for these, but it will be a limited issue for the time being. Hopefully I can recoup my start-up costs of the inventory of cartridges I have, and figure out if I can sustain this activity.
But for you Q8 collectors, keep an eye out for new Q8 requads ! <===project cancelled

Last edited:
Wow! This is good news. I hope that your idea of recording these quad gems in 8 track format comes to light. I have about 50 titles left in my collection that I have had since I was 14 years old (1973).I still use my pioneer receiver with built in 8 track player. My casualties over the years were painful losses. Best of tommy James and the shondells, dark side of the moon, band on the run and best of Jim croche. You can only repair these so many times. I will definately watch for these re quads in the future. I sincerely hope that you go through with this endeavor. You should have many customers!

I wouldn't be too sure about that, based on this listing. I assume this is sourced from the SACD? Seems like a waste of a perfectly good Q8 if you ask me...

Is this our friend “mlrocker”s listing?

If so I stand corrected. I thought he was talking about more of his own DAW recordings

Last edited:
recording 8 tracks is too hard for anything but my own music. this idea for anything else is a bust. it's way to time consuming and consternating to get correct. there's 8 of my own listed, and one novelty Elton John that will be more trouble than it's worth.

Back