New Steve Hackett box w/5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so tempted by this... and now it's too late (at least at a decent price). But please, someone, tell me what I missed!

Hopefully I can get around to playing this today. It arrived with a host of other discs and I filed it away on the shelf and completely forgot about it....My wife would probably say that means I can stop buying things but that's not ever going to happen.

So I finally got a chance to crank up these surround mixed today. Obviously listening in only DTS 24/48 is not the greatest but we are all familiar with that! The mixes themselves are pretty darn good. A pretty active mix with plenty of discrete elements. The material plays into surround nicely with the rears focusing on strings, synths, and background vocals although other instruments pop up there as well. The 2018 remake of When the Heart Rules the Mind is excellent. Steve kept it pretty faithful and the surround mix is very nice. A great version!!! So, the surround disc is well done for sure but certainly not worth the price if you don't also want the rest of the material.

Back