New to this board.....Free Surround Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ferret-e said:
Ooh, registration is needed to download... Im too lazy)))

I think you can stream it...it may buffer a while, but it should play without registering.:D

Cai Campbell said:
You registered here... :rolleyes:

KLIM's stuff is worth checking out. Great surround-sound! (y)

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy my music.

I tried streaming it and only got stereo. After remembering which e-mail address I used to register I was able to d/l the file and have a listen. Very good use of surround on both tracks. Like you said, Jerry is less musical. I prefer Exigency - Revolved, good amount of atmosphere with plenty of other stuff going on. I really like the mix - it's really a good balance of stationary sounds (all around you) and moving sounds. I especially like moving sounds behind me - that always adds interest in my book :D

Holy smokes!

Wish I'd known about the contest sooner. Have at least 2 dozen Acid 5.1 projects mixed, will get into gear now....

I'm really glad that AcidPlanet had this contest....it was very inspriring. It was so inspiring, I even created a completely new song with both stereo and surround mixes.

NEW Irresolution - Cubicle of Sound Edit

-------

About the song (info from AcidPlanet.com)...

WARNING! EXTREME LOW FREQUENCY CONTENT

I was in a drum 'n bass mood lately, and I found some interesting scratch samples in my library.....and this is what I came up with. Used Acid 6.0 (Reason 2.5) for some of the synth parts (most importantly the bass line).

I hope you enjoy listening...and I hope you have a subwoofer that has overload protection. File not friendly for streaming, so please download and enjoy.

After hours of trying to get the bass right (and using the LFE channel), I reconfirmed some of the things I've learned about surround mixing, bass management, and the use of the LFE channel. The LFE channel is a great tool for sound effects, but not for drum'n bass basslines. To get that speaker ripping effect needed for this style of music in surround, the LFE just does not provide enough headroom, and combining low frequency info in the other channels ends up causing bigger headaches with cancellation and general phase issues. If you would like more info on this subject..shoot me an e-mail; I'll be glad to share my secrets with you.

-------

As always, any feedback is welcome.

Back