Nosound back catalogue in hi res stereo and surround on blu ray?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Our buddy Giancarlo Erra has written the following message on the Nosound facebook page,

Nosound back catalogue is now converted to HiRes Stereo and Surround 24bit/96kHz or 48kHz, both full original and new instrumental-only mixes!
Still no precise plans about how or when making it all available, but we'd like to prepare a special Blu Ray audio release with all the material in the future.
In the meantime recording sessions for new album go on...
PS: for technical reasons will not be possible to have surround version of our first album Sol29, but we plan to release it soon in a special edition on vinyl..

It would be a nice gesture to have all the past albums in hi res on one bd-a :banana:

Our buddy Giancarlo Erra has written the following message on the Nosound facebook page,

It would be a nice gesture to have all the past albums in hi res on one bd-a :banana:

Similar to how bArtman did it would be fantastic.

Count me in for a BD-A for sure if/when it happens. It's nice that the material is getting reissued on cd now with some extra stuff but it's frankly hard for me to justify buying each disc again for a single song or two. The BD-A with all the stuff would be awesome.

Hello everyone,

sorry as usual for late replies but somehow there's no anymore alerts via email on the forum, and I struggle remembering to check here.

The reissues are done because the original deluxe editions with two discs were limited runs, and these ones are all one disc editions. At some point these new reissues will also be the ones available on Spotify etc. so you should be able to listen to those there. The problem with reissuing everything 5.1 of back catalogue is that it would then make not anymore those initial ones the limited ones we promised, and I also personally hate when artists say something is limited and then is not :)

So at the moment there's no plan to reissue those, that were anyway released (dvd-a or bluray) at the maximum quality available.

The remasters are all done to be more dynamic and balanced, yes.

Also the new album will have a 5.1 version in hires and binaural as well, but will be available as downloads for whoever buys from our store. I'm also thinking about doing a simple dvd DTS2496 or dvd-a disc on-demand to do only for our store if someone doesn't know how to move the download flacs on a usb stick and play them :)

Thanks Giancarlo for getting back to us. I understand your position.

Just one question, will the new dynamic remasters also become available as flac downloads?

Hi Robert

no there are no plans at the moment to make those available as downloads. At the moment the problem with downloads is that there's streaming already making music basically available for free (or almost), something not necessarily bad as I enjoy it a lot as well, but definitely affecting the industry. At the moment we need to push on the physical sales and so having hires downloads available separately from a physical products is not good..this is why also for new album my plan is have downloads attached to the physical products.

But on the remasters, at the moment I can't see a way to offer them as downloads..said that, you never know, so it's anyway something I'll add to the pile of ideas for the future :)

Back