Nosound - Scintilla (CD + blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of the Blu Ray arrived this morning and I had chance to listen straight away. :) It's a very, very classy recording/visual experience!

It also got me thinking; has any other artist done a combined hi-res 5.1 with high definition music videos (not live) to go with each song? I can't think of one.

Beyonce, maybe? Not sure her video album was hi-def, but the 5.1 is hi-res.

Marillion in their next album, I think, but only in the bluray available in the SuperDeluxeEdition.
Waiting for this one, should arrive early next week.

All orders from our official shop at Burning Shed should be shortly with most of you :)

Is there anyone who's going to do the usual poll here for new releases? Many surround lovers would be probably be interested in that, considering is our first Bluray release and we hope it will be and do well enough to allow us to do more!

I just got my copy in today, so as promised, here be that poll thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?22532-Nosound-SCINTILLA-Blu-Ray-Audio

:)

Thanks for mentioning the guitar pick. I was wondering why there was a wax paper packet included with nothing in it then found it in the shipping box.:violin

Mine did arrive today, but I got to the mailbox a little too late to have play time today. Really nice packaging - the photos and overall graphic design are top notch - well done again Giancarlo

This is really one I want to hear properly - alone, uninterrupted when I can "zone out" in the 5.1 mix. With a couple grandkids living with us, it's hard to get those moments, so I'm looking at Tuesday or Thursday when I have the house to myself. Oh, but I don't like to wait, especially when it's one I'm so looking forward to hearing, but I think it's worth waiting for.

Mine did arrive today, but I got to the mailbox a little too late to have play time today. Really nice packaging - the photos and overall graphic design are top notch - well done again Giancarlo

This is really one I want to hear properly - alone, uninterrupted when I can "zone out" in the 5.1 mix. With a couple grandkids living with us, it's hard to get those moments, so I'm looking at Tuesday or Thursday when I have the house to myself. Oh, but I don't like to wait, especially when it's one I'm so looking forward to hearing, but I think it's worth waiting for.

Lucky... :D Still waiting, here... (n)I was really hoping to get mine today so I could really dissect the 5.1 over the holiday weekend... Now I'm Tuesday at the soonest :(

Very odd that the vinyl and blu-ray both shipped the same day; vinyl showed up Thursday yet still no blu... LAME (n)(n)

Lucky... :D Still waiting, here... (n)I was really hoping to get mine today so I could really dissect the 5.1 over the holiday weekend... Now I'm Tuesday at the soonest :(

Very odd that the vinyl and blu-ray both shipped the same day; vinyl showed up Thursday yet still no blu... LAME (n)(n)

Yeah, post offices, customs, and more post offices - things don't always slide though that mesh at the same time even though they had the same start point and time. what can you do except pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

All right, so apparently the mailman was struggling yesterday. Neighbors showed up this afternoon with some of my mail that had been inadvertently delivered to their house, and lo-and-behold... a Burningshed package! sweet. :) So I'm finally going to give this a spin in a minute

All right, so apparently the mailman was struggling yesterday. Neighbors showed up this afternoon with some of my mail that had been inadvertently delivered to their house, and lo-and-behold... a Burningshed package! sweet. :) So I'm finally going to give this a spin in a minute

I was just reading your post sitting at a local cafe on my mobile phone. When I got home Scintilla was in my mailbox!!

I was just reading your post sitting at a local cafe on my mobile phone. When I got home Scintilla was in my mailbox!!

Nice! Enjoy! I just finished listening to it, and it's excellent. Highlights for me are In Celebration of Life and Sogno e Incendio. Sogno is quite different and uncharacteristic from their usual style, but very catchy with a killer solo at the end. This was my second listen (once on vinyl; once on blu) but I have to agree with Duncan - I think this is their strongest album yet.

Hi all

thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad the album starts arriving and that you people can finally enjoy it on your systems with all the high quality audio (and video!) that Bluray can carry!

Glad to see the poll, I hope all of you will vote there as it's something that could be very useful for us for the next releases. Showing Kscope appreciation for the work done, and the extra costs we covered to get it done on Bluray, could grant us a better deal next time and allow us to have always Bluray.

I'm also glad some of you noticed that we really packed the disc using it not only for hires audio but also for HD video. It was not easy to prepare all videos ahead of time to be included, but I really wanted it, as well as including our previous videos with same quality for the first time, and with surround audio.

Talking about that, tomorrow get ready for another one....a big(ger) production this time!

Hi all

thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad the album starts arriving and that you people can finally enjoy it on your systems with all the high quality audio (and video!) that Bluray can carry!

Glad to see the poll, I hope all of you will vote there as it's something that could be very useful for us for the next releases. Showing Kscope appreciation for the work done, and the extra costs we covered to get it done on Bluray, could grant us a better deal next time and allow us to have always Bluray.

I'm also glad some of you noticed that we really packed the disc using it not only for hires audio but also for HD video. It was not easy to prepare all videos ahead of time to be included, but I really wanted it, as well as including our previous videos with same quality for the first time, and with surround audio.

Talking about that, tomorrow get ready for another one....a big(ger) production this time!

Giancarlo, what a beautiful piece of art you have created. When people ask me why I loved Pink Floyd my answer is because they represent the perfect combination of music, pictures and words. Now you have surpassed that with Scintilla. Your album has got everything in it: The pictures on the booklet (is that Venus transiting across the Sun?), the stunning videos, the surround mix (I love the piano sound on the title track on the rear speakers)...
By the way, how would you translate scintilla in the context of the song? Simply as spark (chispa in Spanish, I love this word)?
I've been surprised to see Sol29 video and in 5.1. Did anything change and are there any hopes for a full reissue?
On the small "complaints" side, what I don't like are the extras playing by default automatically after the main album and in stereo. Would it have more sense to go back to the main menu?
Anyway, and I usually don't vote, i think this is ART in capital letters and deserves a 10 because of the content, mix and resolution. We cannot ask more. Thanks Giancarlo and to the band!

Back