Nosound - Scintilla (CD + blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ciao!

Missing you on the forum, Giancarlo. While you're busy with Nosound's new record, I wanted to challenge your mixing skills! What about an Atmos mix for your new album? I was listening today to memories of machines upmixed to 5.1.2 and the result was pretty good, with synths and acoustic guitars being heard from above.
This reminded me of Warm Winter reissue, what happened with it, if I may ask?
Thanks!

Monday 21st of November, 3pm UTC/GMT we'll play a short full band live set at Radio Rock, live streaming on www.radiorock.it and on air 106.6 FM in Rome.

We'll play a couple of tracks from new album Scintilla, something old and something else you should all know. Always a pleasure to be back at Radio Rock, so join us for the live set and send your comments via Telegram to 3899.106.600 :)

If you're curious to hear how we translate live what you hear on Scintilla, this is going to be the chance! :phones

View attachment 27750

Ciao!

Missing you on the forum, Giancarlo. While you're busy with Nosound's new record, I wanted to challenge your mixing skills! What about an Atmos mix for your new album? I was listening today to memories of machines upmixed to 5.1.2 and the result was pretty good, with synths and acoustic guitars being heard from above.
This reminded me of Warm Winter reissue, what happened with it, if I may ask?
Thanks!

Hey there

miss you too guys, but last year or so was actually a changing one, so I really just spent all time developing the new course of my music, that will be quite clear with the new Nosound and something else I can't reveal now :)

The MoM reissue is still in the pipeline but I always prefer to concentrate efforts towards the future, so any reissue takes the backseat when I have new material...by definition for an artist, new is always better than old, otherwise wouldn't even make sense to write it! I have a slot for MoM somewhere during the summer, but release might be a few months later than that. And yes this would include surround.

Obviously all my new releases always include surround, this time even binaural probably, even if some changes might happen. Release might be high quality FLAC 5.1 24/48 instead of having another disc, these are just too much a hassle and most of all expensive (blu-ray) to prepare, while most systems now read FLAC 5.1 files and the future is heading towards that (and more environment friendly, that I like a lot)...and it also means is MUCH cheaper (did I say almost free?) for you guys to have it, and I concentrate only on the mix and not on damn authoring problems and stupid old standards :)

About Atmos honestly I'll not go that way, I like to stay with what music demands not what trends demand, and for music 5.1 is more than enough (I have no FX or stuff that needs to come from above), and most of all is the speakers configuration available to the vast majority of people, so I'll stick with it, 5.1 uncompressed pure mix, out from my own studio sent directly to you guys.

New Nosound is going to be a shock for some of you, but finally after 10 years I found the way to truly express myself without any constraints, invested a lot in a full analog set, and I do not care anymore what fans expect...I know they'll follow us and will welcome all the new kind of audience that will probably arrive with this new course of Nosound music...and not only..

This year feels as exciting as it was when I did all on my own the debut album Sol29...just much more than that :phones

Hey there

miss you too guys, but last year or so was actually a changing one, so I really just spent all time developing the new course of my music, that will be quite clear with the new Nosound and something else I can't reveal now :)

The MoM reissue is still in the pipeline but I always prefer to concentrate efforts towards the future, so any reissue takes the backseat when I have new material...by definition for an artist, new is always better than old, otherwise wouldn't even make sense to write it! I have a slot for MoM somewhere during the summer, but release might be a few months later than that. And yes this would include surround.

Obviously all my new releases always include surround, this time even binaural probably, even if some changes might happen. Release might be high quality FLAC 5.1 24/48 instead of having another disc, these are just too much a hassle and most of all expensive (blu-ray) to prepare, while most systems now read FLAC 5.1 files and the future is heading towards that (and more environment friendly, that I like a lot)...and it also means is MUCH cheaper (did I say almost free?) for you guys to have it, and I concentrate only on the mix and not on damn authoring problems and stupid old standards :)

About Atmos honestly I'll not go that way, I like to stay with what music demands not what trends demand, and for music 5.1 is more than enough (I have no FX or stuff that needs to come from above), and most of all is the speakers configuration available to the vast majority of people, so I'll stick with it, 5.1 uncompressed pure mix, out from my own studio sent directly to you guys.

New Nosound is going to be a shock for some of you, but finally after 10 years I found the way to truly express myself without any constraints, invested a lot in a full analog set, and I do not care anymore what fans expect...I know they'll follow us and will welcome all the new kind of audience that will probably arrive with this new course of Nosound music...and not only..

This year feels as exciting as it was when I did all on my own the debut album Sol29...just much more than that :phones

Thanks for the update Giancarlo, looking forward to the new stuff!

change is good but I would prefer a physical disc I am old fashioned that way and its not that I have not embraced FLAC 5.1 where its been the only option.

Look forward to it all so good speed to you as you work

change is good but I would prefer a physical disc I am old fashioned that way and its not that I have not embraced FLAC 5.1 where its been the only option.

Look forward to it all so good speed to you as you work

Thanks for understanding, I know some prefer physical discs, but as you know I'm always very honest with you guys: having one disc will allow us as well to sell the product for much cheaper price. Although I know that's not a problem for you, what I ask you is to support us as this might mean for us to be more in physical shops, to just have our music reaching a wider audience, and I think that something like that eventually once it gets a momentum can pay back as we'll be able next times maybe to afford some expensive/deluxe edition that will include again an extra disc :phones

This new album's mission is to finally get out of our usual 'comfort zone' and reach for new genres, as I said it was really such a huge liberating process to write this album, very often we build our own cages and they became comfortable and reassuring, and it takes some serious work and effort to break through them :)

Can't wait to have first new music out...

Thanks for understanding, I know some prefer physical discs, but as you know I'm always very honest with you guys: having one disc will allow us as well to sell the product for much cheaper price. Although I know that's not a problem for you, what I ask you is to support us as this might mean for us to be more in physical shops, to just have our music reaching a wider audience, and I think that something like that eventually once it gets a momentum can pay back as we'll be able next times maybe to afford some expensive/deluxe edition that will include again an extra disc :phones

This new album's mission is to finally get out of our usual 'comfort zone' and reach for new genres, as I said it was really such a huge liberating process to write this album, very often we build our own cages and they became comfortable and reassuring, and it takes some serious work and effort to break through them :)

Can't wait to have first new music out...
Hello Giancarlo, some thought on the people who prefer discs and they dont have the playback possibilities of flac. Can you provide a disc image with simple navigation option between stereo and 5.1?

Hello Giancarlo, some thought on the people who prefer discs and they dont have the playback possibilities of flac. Can you provide a disc image with simple navigation option between stereo and 5.1?

Hi

from past experiences (we distributed .iso files before) I know that most users will get confused about the ISO file, mostly because it might work on one system and not on another, so the best option is for someone to use one of the many software available on Mac or Win to do that, and finding the right settings working for their environment.

I do know that no solution is optimal for everyone obviously, but in this case I do believe that FLAC 5.1 is better than nothing, because creating again a 2 disc version would mean selling the product for more than £10 and today is too much in the current market..and creating different editions (1 disc and 2 discs versions) is too expensive for us because it means printing less copies per each format, and so they're both more expensive to manufacture (and to sell).

Concentrating on one single format and keeping it nicely packaged but under the £10 mark is what could greatly help the band going to the next step and hopefully getting more attention (=wider audience and more sales) to make the special edition economically viable.

This is why I offered at least to provide the 5.1 in flac, so most people will have it and/or will be able to burn it on a disc :) Most software allowing to do this cost less than $50 and there are trials, so I think could be a good investment for anyone loving the surround format (I personally used in the past the Cilrinca one).

As usual, is good to share here views in a very honest way, considering that we're pointing all on this new album being a real new and different one...we hope it will get so much attention that next time we'll be able to do a release in earbook with 4 discs, not just 2! :-D

I was listening to the extra videos and I thought I was having some speaker problems. I analyzed everything with Audacity and it turns out the channel order for Kites is FL, C, FR, RL, LFE, RR whereas it should be FL, FR, C, LFE, RL, RR. I reordered them and it sounds as it should be. It's the only song that has this issue on the album. Great album!

Last edited:
I was listening to the extra videos and I thought I was having some speaker problems. I analyzed everything with Audacity and it turns out the channel order for this song is FL, C, FR, RL, LFE, RR whereas it should be FL, FR, C, LFE, RL, RR. I reordered them and it sounds as it should be. It's the only song that has this issue on the album. Great album!
Sorry, which song is "this song?"

Don't know where should I post this, so let it be here... My brother send me this picture today, telling that he wanted to listen to it today, but saw this... His Oppo, of course, did not recognize the blu-ray disc. Although a couple of months ago everything was fine and played without problems. I have the same edition, we bought it together from BSH on preorder. I checked my copy and it's fine, no issues at all.
So anybody have the same signs of dying blu-ray disc?
IMG_20220919_213628_983.jpg

That's a bizarre thing! I had only a very few digital discs in my life developing that problem..I believe is some sort of degradation due to some manufacturing tolerances not being right for that single copy? Worth checking with BSH if they have another one to exchange, although depending on when it was purchases might be too much time passed. Didn't have any other report, so I suppose is I'm afraid the odd one case.

Optimal is notorious for poor quality control on its Blu-ray pressings. They're responsible for the self-destructing Dark Side Immersion discs. 😕 Doesn't bode well for this being a one disc anomaly.
Yep, I fell foul of their pressings on a few Floyd discs :mad:

Back