NRSD 2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonik Wiz

đź‘‚ 500 MPH EARS đź‘‚
QQ Supporter
Yesterday was a pretty big day. My oldest grand daughter turned eight. It was the second anniversary of The Artist Known as Prince death. Also National Record Store Day.

I had been casually aware of this event the last few years but mainly I read about it after the date. This year I made it out and about. When I google record stores in my area I come up with about twenty locations. Subtract the second hand book stores & flea markets with a few rows of junk records & CD's, add NFM cuz they sell more records, CD's & DVD's then you expect & I get about ten real places worth going to. I went to four that we're within easy driving distance.

Josey Records is rather well known having locations in Kansas City & Dallas. It is a large store and first time I've been there. Very good & fun experience. At my favorite record store in the 'burbs was Vinyl Renaissance. Even after being open a few hours the line was deep, at least four stores long.

VR 2.jpg

Eventually I went home with Aqualung for only fifty bucks & eight brand new Vox/Turnabout classical LP's in QS! And other fun stuff including (just a plain old stereo CD) of Sly & Robbie that I dfid't even know about until I read a thread on this forum. My haul for the day:

Haul 2.jpg

Anybody else have a grand day out?

Back