Oceansize - Feed to Feed 4CD/3DVD Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papashawn

Tentatively scheduled for release on September 1st, this Oceansize box set is going to be awesome! They played three shows back to back across three nights, playing each of their full lengths in order, with an encore consisting of EP and other non album tracks. The DVD's will be in 5.1, and should sound fantastic. If you haven't listened to oceansize before, but you're a fan of porcupine tree, welcome to your new favorite band.:phones These guys are an extremely talented group. There's not one bad song in their whole catalog.

For those of you in the US, you can preorder at CDUniverse. Its a bit pricey at $55, but its not that bad if you think of what you're getting. I've seen quite a few UK sites with this up for preorder as well, such as play.com. Not sure of the pricing there though. Who else is a fan of this band?

I had never heard of the group before your recommendation. I am listening to samples now and would say there is certainly potential this upcoming set could be good.

Chris

From their site:
We have the final (I hope) release dates for the Feed to Feed box set and they are as follows:

Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Italy/Benelux - Friday September 25th
UK/France/Poland - Monday September 28th
Spain/Portugal - Tuesday September 29th
Finland/Sweden - Wednesday September 30th

Hopefully that means that US orders will be shipping on the UK date. Between this and the King Crimson reissues, the second half of 2009 is going to be an awesome one for surround!!!(y)

Unfortunately my order from cduniverse was canceled after about 4 delays. I could only find it from overseas stores for much more than I'm willing to spend, so I'm afraid I won't be listening to this one.

Recieved mine a bit ago from overseas for just over $60 shipped through Amazon UK. and I gotta say, for only sixty bucks this thing is a steal! The packaging looks awesome and is of high quality and durability and the live sound capture was done very well. The stereo seperation between the instruments is very discreet and crisp and not muddy in the least, which is quite the achievement considering they have at one point upwards of five or six guitars on stage (One Day All This Could Be Yours).

As for the 5.1, it's basically a typical surround mix; band up front, crowd and ambience in the rear. Really nothing too spectacular and definitely not up to par with the King Crimson and Porcupine Tree live mixes, or Nine Inch Nails for that matter. And although the rather dull surround mix will leave a bit to be desired, the sound is still incredible and very tight sounding so don't let that turn you off from getting this. Highly Recommended!

Feed to Feed is definitely a huge thank you to the fans from oceansize (especially at only sixty dollars) and it's fantastically done. Bands like oceansize and porcupine tree truly care about their fans and constantly show their appreciation. I just wish a few other bands (tool for instance) would learn from these guys.

Back