• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

OPENING TIME

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
I know this question has been posed before [must've missed it] but HOW do you PM other QQ members?
CONVERSATIONS: It's the most confusing thing (to me anyway) with the new software. vb "PM"s = XenForo "Conversations". This of them as "Private Threads", as they are between you and whoever you invite, and they stack up like a thread, so instead of having, say, 6 messages with Snood, each one being a PM interspersed with replies, instead you have a Private Thread with Snood, so you can refer to earlier messages about the same topic. As a bonus, you can 'invite' another member to join the "Private Thread". No one can read your conversation (thread) except those you invite.

PROFILE POSTS:
are not Conversations (PMs) and are not private. Profile Posts are some weird deal where you can leave a message for someone within their profile, but everyone can see it.

fizzywiggs41

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Congratulations and GOOD JOB!! Glad to have you back.

Now we need to get you a proper Avatar.

View attachment 32630
Thanks, Jon. Glad to be back. I mean what the 'ell I missed all these mighty fine folks on QQ...."there are none finer "

And a big thanks to you , and Duncan , and SimonA.....without the advice on how to return I would still be a fizzled browser. :)

GOS

GOS 3.0
Thanks, Jon. Glad to be back. I mean what the 'ell I missed all these mighty fine folks on QQ...."there are none finer "

And a big thanks to you , and Duncan , and SimonA.....without the advice on how to return I would still be a fizzled browser. :)
I for sure missed seeing you round my good man. :dance

fizzywiggs41

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Congratulations and GOOD JOB!! Glad to have you back.

Now we need to get you a proper Avatar.

View attachment 32630
Yes that's a proper type Avatar , Jon (POP POP FIZZ FIZZ--OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS ).....so maybe .but Dennis Moore put up one sometime back....that cracked me up.......sorta Dickensian type of pic. If I see it again I'll ask his permission to utilize it.