Opeth "Deliverance" and "Damnation" Remixed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's listed as having four discs and the same two tracklists, so that appears to be the case.

Both fantastic albums.

I've been hoping for 5.1 versions to emerge ever since surround mixes started becoming the norm for Opeth releases. I'll keep my fingers crossed that time has finally come!

If Jens did This after Blackwater Park, it could be good (BP is an excellent mix IMO)

Yes indeed. I am not a big fan of Jens, but he did a good job with BWP. The overall sound of the album is really nice, not too compressed, bass audible throughout unlike most of his mixes), and plenty of activity in rears.

5.1 confirmed!

In 2002 I worked with Opeth on their 2 albums “Deliverance” and “Damnation”, originally intended by Mikael to be released as a double LP showing the 2 sides of the band, heavy and mellow.Now for the first time they are being reissued by Music for Nations / Sony Music Entertainment together in a 2CD/2DVD box set, which will include my previously unreleased 5.1 surround sound mix of Damnation (made in 2009).
The heavy album Deliverance has meanwhile been remixed in both stereo and 5.1 by my friend Bruce Soord. Scheduled for release on 30th October.

via Steven Wilson Remixes@FB

Last edited:
Excellent news! Been waiting for Damnation for years.

Hope the prices come down a bit more on this as £32 is a bit much (especially when I already own both albums on CD and 2 copies of each on LP!)

Check out this kick-ass design:
81rRHn10dpL._AA1500_.jpg

:)

I'm very excited for this - and it's an instant purchase from me - but, with their recent foray into blu-ray with "Pale Communion", I reeeeally had my fingers crossed for a high-res blu for the eventual Damnation release. Oh well, either way, I'm sure this will be an excellent release, and I'm just happy we're finally getting it! And, beautiful packaging!

I'm very excited for this - and it's an instant purchase from me - but, with their recent foray into blu-ray with "Pale Communion", I reeeeally had my fingers crossed for a high-res blu for the eventual Damnation release. Oh well, either way, I'm sure this will be an excellent release, and I'm just happy we're finally getting it! And, beautiful packaging!

Yep, the packaging looks excellent. Takes up a bit of room on the shelf...but that's cool.

Back