Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question about my Oppo BDP-95: I’m using the analog outputs for 5.1 playback. I was using the component video output to a 7” monitor, but just upgraded to a 10” monitor w HDMI. Is it possible to use the Oppo HDMI port for video only (so my display can be higher res) and still use the analog ports for audio?
Yes, you can use them simultaneously. I use HDMI for video only and analog out for audio.

If you want to ensure that SACD is not converted to PCM by the player make sure to set SACD to output as DSD, not automatic or else the HDMI connection will cause the player to convert to PCM. Yes it does make a (huge IMHO) sonic difference, I discovered this by accident.

Yes, you can use them simultaneously. I use HDMI for video only and analog out for audio.

If you want to ensure that SACD is not converted to PCM by the player make sure to set SACD to output as DSD, not automatic or else the HDMI connection will cause the player to convert to PCM. Yes it does make a (huge IMHO) sonic difference, I discovered this by accident

I’ve had the 95 ( as it had the best converters) for a couple of years now but it’s just recently started making a few funny noises on loading.
Also sometimes with SACD recordings, one of the channels ( usually left rear ) won’t play, so I have to eject and reload and then the front left channel is very low and has to be ejected and then sometimes nothing plays except a huge rush of digital hash.
Reloaded and then everything plays fine …it obviously one of the d/a …but does anyone else have that problem ?
( I’m looking around to buy a backup, but the prices in Australia are going through the roof !

I’ve had the 95 ( as it had the best converters) for a couple of years now but it’s just recently started making a few funny noises on loading.
Also sometimes with SACD recordings, one of the channels ( usually left rear ) won’t play, so I have to eject and reload and then the front left channel is very low and has to be ejected and then sometimes nothing plays except a huge rush of digital hash.
Reloaded and then everything plays fine …it obviously one of the d/a …but does anyone else have that problem ?
( I’m looking around to buy a backup, but the prices in Australia are going through the roof
We have had 4 Oppos. Sold the BDP 83 some time back. The only problem it ever had was a dirty/dusty laser (assume) After running a disk laser cleaner, it worked perfectly for years after. It too did some intermittent weird stuff before cleaning. All of our Oppos are the standard ones. Would love to have a ...05 version, but were always a lot more money. Yours is likely a different problem..but I'd try a cleaning anyway too.

This is the one we bought a very long time ago. Only used it once..and it actually worked. At first, I really didn't think it would

Attachments

• s-l640-2091547367.jpg
    s-l640-2091547367.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hopefully 'the evil that is' HDCP won't cock things up...
An anecdote from almost ten hears ago - I was working in a room where there was a DVD player in a rack connected to a HDMI-to-fiber converter for the video, as well as a stereo audio-to-fiber converter. Let’s just say that I had zero respect for whoever designed that POS. Anyway, the audio on “Concert for George” played fine, once you figured out how to get it to go without the menus being visible. IIRC, the player was Panasonic, but I’m certain it wasn’t Oppo.

Back