Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 8-year-old BDP-80 is not working. It turns on, but if I put a disc in it either says unrecognized disc or recognizes the disc and plays it with skips and starts and stops and then eventually gives up the ghost.

I don't really have the budget for a new oppo. Is there anything I can try?

Send it to Oppo for maintenance. They'll get it back to you working like a charm.

Yes send it to Oppo. I just sent my 83se in yesterday, it was doing the same thing as yours. It's only $99 plus shipping to them, return shipping back to you is free.

Question for OPPO 105 owners: can you get gapless playback from a USB device by using the OPPO app to start playback?

I can get gapless playback for stereo and multichannel content on a USB drive when I use the TV and OPPO remote to navigate to the appropriate folder and selecting 'Play Gapess' using the Option button on the remote. But I just can't get this to work when I try to do it using the app. If I can get it to work then I can just leave the TV off and simply use the app to make the magic happen.

Has anyone achieved gapless playback using the app to find and play music on a USB drive?

Yes when you select the track to start playing on the app press and hold on it and the option for gapless shows, although while this works on flac it doesn’t on wav files.

Yes when you select the track to start playing on the app press and hold on it and the option for gapless shows, although while this works on flac it doesn’t on wav files.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!!

Worked a treat - I think that's me now sorted for gapless playback of stereo and multuchannel files. I'd been using PLEX to stream to my Chromecast audio for stereo files but it doesn't do gapless. And I hadn't figured out how I was going to stream multichannel files - for that part, I'll go ahead just load a USB with my multichannel content on it plus the stereo albums that must be heard gapless and then that should be me good to go :bowing::SB:SG

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!!

Worked a treat - I think that's me now sorted for gapless playback of stereo and multuchannel files. I'd been using PLEX to stream to my Chromecast audio for stereo files but it doesn't do gapless. And I hadn't figured out how I was going to stream multichannel files - for that part, I'll go ahead just load a USB with my multichannel content on it plus the stereo albums that must be heard gapless and then that should be me good to go :bowing::SB:SG
This is how I started some years back. I now have 28TB's of Hard drives attached to the Oppo.

Hello, I have a question related to playlists for my Oppo 105; I have searched to see if possible, but have had no luck. Apologies if this has been answered in prior threads.

I use my Oppo 105 as a MCh USB streamer utilizing the built-in music player interface. I was wondering if there is a way to create and name multiple playlists that will be stored on the external HD I have connected.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Question?
My Samsung BDP 8500, can convert DTS, to Dolby Digital 5.1
Can my Oppo BDP 95?
I need to convert, because my Sonos Arc, does NOT play DTS

Hello, I have a question related to playlists for my Oppo 105; I have searched to see if possible, but have had no luck. Apologies if this has been answered in prior threads.

I use my Oppo 105 as a MCh USB streamer utilizing the built-in music player interface. I was wondering if there is a way to create and name multiple playlists that will be stored on the external HD I have connected.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Not that I have discovered. However you can navigate while a selection is playing and go to the next track you want to play and then select that one when the playing track is complete. The issue with that is that if you do it too early then the display will default back to the track that is playing after a certain length of time.

Quite why gapless is an option is a mystery to me. When on earth would gapless playback be detrimental?
Never, as far as I can determine.

I know, some albums are intended to flow seamlessly between tracks - and that's not even including live concerts wher the music and crowd do flow as one from start to finish!

I was wondering if there is a way to create and name multiple playlists that will be stored on the external HD I have connected.

Oppos can play M3U playlists ok. You can create multiple M3U playlists with Music Media Helper’s Playlist Tool. Drag and Drop files into the dialog and reorder etc. Save As a new M3U or update an existing playlist etc.

MMH is Windows only at this stage. See the QQ Multichannel Media Player sub-forum to download (free)

Oppos can play M3U playlists ok. You can create multiple M3U playlists with Music Media Helper’s Playlist Tool. Drag and Drop files into the dialog and reorder etc. Save As a new M3U or update an existing playlist etc.

MMH is Windows only at this stage. See the QQ Multichannel Media Player sub-forum to download (free)
Dog gone it Garry, you’ve taught me something new yet again! I always thought M3U files were strictly associated with just MP3’s. I’m going to have to play with this some now.
Here’s some info I looked up-

An M3U File is a media playlist file. It is basically a container file that includes text-based files pointing back to the pathnames or locations of the media files or folders. In other words, there is no actual media in the files but simply references to the actual media.
M3U Files may contain text playlist that are local playlist of audio or a link to the audio content. It was created for the Winamp application but now, you can also play it on MP3 players that also use M3U files. The media player can queue them for an audio stream or playback.

These M3U Files have the .m3u file extension. It may also contain video files references.

Who would want PCM? utterly useless 2 channel sound

Not sure what you mean, PCM multichannel is my format of choice when it is available. It's just not for 2 channel. Everything in digital audio starts as PCM as far as I know, stereo or multi-channel.

Last edited:

Thanks for the information… that is very helpful!

Back