Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, I hope they continue.

I'm sure that Oppo will be around in the future.

They have added new product lines in recent years including headphones, headphone amps with DACs, Stereo DACs and Android based smartphones.
Lots of new markets to explore. The Oppo Club will live on.

:)

They have added new product lines in recent years including headphones, headphone amps with DACs, Stereo DACs and Android based smartphones.
Lots of new markets to explore. The Oppo Club will live on. :)

I am very glad that OPPO continues to support past and current multichannel audio formats with quality products ... because the 'traditional' audio manufacturers have certainly dropped the ball.

Lots of new markets to explore. The Oppo Club will live on. :)

To put a fine point on it.
Oppo-Digital & Oppo China are different entities under the same umbrella.

Oppo-Digital is a small engineering company in Menlo Park, Ca and have nothing to do with the phones.
The expansion of products offered by Oppo-Digital is an indication of how profitable that small company is.

The 205 and 203 are based on the same underlying architecture, so, no, the 205 does not decode HDCD. The 8X, 9X, and 10X players did, though.

Opps I miss-typed, I meant that I was pretty sure my previous 105 played HDCD's, which your post confirms.

I apologize for the confusion.

Pretty sure Yamaha’s Adventage Blu-Ray players still play every audio format.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Yamaha site and they have this BD-A1060 Aventage player. Looking at the description, I see SACD and DVD-Video but no DVD-Audio.

In the "Media Compatibility" spec they list: DLNA, USB, BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE (BD-Video), DVD-ROM (DVD-Video), DVD-R/DVD-R DL/DVD-RW (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), DVD+R/DVD+R DL/DVD+RW (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), CD-ROM (CDDA/HDCD), CD-R/CD-RW (CDDA), SA-CD. Is any of this stuff under the DVD listings DVD-Audio?

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/blu-ray_players/bd-a1060/specs.html#product-tabs

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Yamaha site and they have this BD-A1060 Aventage player. Looking at the description, I see SACD and DVD-Video but no DVD-Audio.

In the "Media Compatibility" spec they list: DLNA, USB, BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE (BD-Video), DVD-ROM (DVD-Video), DVD-R/DVD-R DL/DVD-RW (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), DVD+R/DVD+R DL/DVD+RW (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), CD-ROM (CDDA/HDCD), CD-R/CD-RW (CDDA), SA-CD. Is any of this stuff under the DVD listings DVD-Audio?

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/blu-ray_players/bd-a1060/specs.html#product-tabs

I saw that too. So it seems the 1060 is not as universal player..but the 1040 is. 1040 lists DVD-Audio...

Hello...I have been listening to hi-res master audio streams on tidal and the sound is better than cds. This had made me want to download some hi res multi channel music on a usb flashdrive and plug it into my Oppo bdp- 95. Can this be done and how do i do it eg.. is there a certain format like DSD, WAV or Flac files that must used? I've also read about free multichannel files..Any info will be appreciated.

Hello...I have been listening to hi-res master audio streams on tidal and the sound is better than cds. This had made me want to download some hi res multi channel music on a usb flashdrive and plug it into my Oppo bdp- 95. Can this be done and how do i do it eg.. is there a certain format like DSD, WAV or Flac files that must used? I've also read about free multichannel files..Any info will be appreciated.

If you have an Oppo 103, 105, 203 or 205 player, it will play Multichannel FLAC and Multichannel DSD 64 music files via USB Jump Drive or USB Hard Drive.
http://blog.nativedsd.com/free-dsd-tracks-playing-multichannel-dsd-chopins-last-waltz/

I learned something new about the 10X series today (at least the D models):

It will realtime encode PCM surround to DTS for playback over coaxial (and probably optical) outputs.

This is at least true for:
- Multichannel WAV/FLAC files played from local USB storage (likely also over network)
- Multichannel LPCM from Blu-ray

It is not true for:
- Multichannel MLP from DVD-A (coaxial outputs stereo, possibly from stereo track or a folddown)
- Multichannel DSD from SACD (even with PCM transcoding enabled for bass management over analog outs)

This is my experience with my system. YMMV.

I have an Oppo BDP-95 and I can confirm that it plays multichannel FLAC files (94/24) flawlessly through the front USB port (flash USB memory). You only have to transfer your files to your USB memory, connect it and play the files. No more action is required. ;)
As far as DSD files, I don't have music in that format so can't tell about it.

I have an Oppo BDP-95 and I can confirm that it plays multichannel FLAC files (94/24) flawlessly through the front USB port (flash USB memory). You only have to transfer your files to your USB memory, connect it and play the files. No more action is required. ;)
As far as DSD files, I don't have music in that format so can't tell about it.

You may download free DSD64 tracks to see if your unit can play them.

https://members.nativedsd.com/albums/JLBFOMahler3-mahler-symphony-no-3-in-d-minor

Hi there!... a little late but with an answer: nop, BDP-95 does not support DSD files (it doesn't recognize .dff files in the USB flash memory). Thanks Simon A for the tip on that site, now my Marantz A/V receiver prooved to be able to playback DSD 64 and 128 stereo files flawlessly :LB

Correct. You will need a 100 or 200 series Oppo disc player to play DSD 64 Stereo and DSD 64 Surround Sound files.

My 8-year-old BDP-80 is not working. It turns on, but if I put a disc in it either says unrecognized disc or recognizes the disc and plays it with skips and starts and stops and then eventually gives up the ghost.

I don't really have the budget for a new oppo. Is there anything I can try?

Back