ORG Returns to SACD Market with "Grace" SACD Release!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Here's quite a turnaround. Original Recordings Group (ORG) announced a year ago that they were ending SACD releases which disappointed many music fans.
They have been lobbied to change that decision on Facebook and by email - and at The Show in Newport Beach last weekend, Ying Tan at ORG announced they are coming back to the SACD market!

The first release is the long-awaited album "Grace" by Jeff Buckley from the Sony Music/Columbia catalog. It's now in stock at Elusive Disc.
Two more Jazz SACD releases - "Tijuana Moods" by Charles Mingus and "Monk's Dream" by Thelonious Monk will follow later this year. See the article in PF linked below for details.

Jeff Buckley Grace - 600w.jpg
Grace - Jeff Buckley (ORG Hybrid Stereo SACD, ORG 194-3 )
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue73/org_grace.htm
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Jeff-Buckley-Grace-SACD/productinfo/ORGSA0194/

I'd like to see some more Sly & The Family Stone titles from them.

I'd like to see some more Sly & The Family Stone titles from them.

Send them an email. It could happen. ORG seems to have a good connection with Sony Music when it comes to licensing titles for LP and SACD remastering.

Elusive Disc also has a Monk SACD (Monk's Dream) from ORG on pre-order.

This apparent turn around is a most welcome surprise :)

Probably what happened was when they announced the discontinuance of their SACDs there was a big run on them and probably liked having all that money coming in.

Probably what happened was when they announced the discontinuance of their SACDs there was a big run on them and probably liked having all that money coming in.

Well, ORG's emphasis remains on Vinyl releases. But they have licensed several albums for SACD release later in the year.
Given the quality of the Groove Note SACDs, I'm very happy to see Ying Tan back in the SACD market. He knows how to make really good sounding SACDs!

Jeff Buckley - Grace = instant purchase with no hesitation

From QQ deep space

You may have to wait on the instant purchase of "Grace". Track #10 of the SACD has a pair of digital clicks at 3:26 in the song that have proven to be a problem with some SACD players. (Worked OK on the Oppo-105 here).
Elusive Disc has pulled the listing for "Grace" on SACD and I think we will probably see a new pressing for that release.

Which players (not that I have any interest in this title), just curious what players handled it and which didn't.

Which players (not that I have any interest in this title), just curious what players handled it and which didn't.

The Oppo BDP-105 I have played through the two clicks. Apparently some other SACD players did not.

An update. The corrected edition of the "Grace" Hybrid Stereo SACD is now scheduled for release in September 2014.

An update on this Hybrid Stereo SACD.

A pressing problem was found in the original run of "Grace" on SACD. New copies of the SACD are now in production - with an estimated time to market of 3 to 4 weeks. So the Grace SACD will be back in circulation shortly.
Most likely in late October or November.

Happily that hasn't been my experience. I don't think it is a new dynamic in this hobby to see people bash "regular" stuff to try to sell better stuff. I just got done listening to my Sony Legacy 180 gram reissue of Jeff Buckley - Grace. I don't believe that MFSL can top it.

Happily that hasn't been my experience. I don't think it is a new dynamic in this hobby to see people bash "regular" stuff to try to sell better stuff. I just got done listening to my Sony Legacy 180 gram reissue of Jeff Buckley - Grace. I don't believe that MFSL can top it.

I don't spin Vinyl.....so cannot compare but the ORG Music Stereo SACD of GRACE likewise sounds superb. A brilliant album, IMO. A Great talent cut way too short! https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=10202

I don't spin Vinyl.....so cannot compare but the ORG Music Stereo SACD of GRACE likewise sounds superb. A brilliant album, IMO. A Great talent cut way too short!
Took me literally years to get into him, but now I appreciate that album a lot. Too bad that SACD didn't get a new 5.1 mix. That album is so layered, it could be stellar!

I agree with you totally. Would make a SUPERB 5.1 remaster. Ever listen to his dad, Tim Buckley? Likewise, a superb tunesmith and singer. Both died tragically at very young ages. EERIE!o_O
You know, I have a couple of his albums but I'm not sure that I ever got around to listening to them yet. That happens sometimes when you buy a collection.

Back