Paul McCartney Archive Collection: "Red Rose Speedway" and "Wild Life"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Wildlife set gets to $83, let us know. I would probably spring for it, just because I'm anal and there's that place missing between the others! :)

But I ain't paying no $100+ for no Wildlife Box Set.

(ref: "I ain't payin' fifty cents for no Coke") [QUIZ - What classic film is this line from? If you Google it, that's cheatin']

I have had no problem, super simple with Red Rose and Wild Life. I never did the down load of Wings Over America, looks like I lost the card and my Ram card was just impossible, so I just ripped the CD's and moved on.
It seems to me that the previous downloads before Red and Wild where generic to the site meaning you have to open the download not specifically to the album, whereas Red and Wild are download specific.
Red has 5 downloads that make up three discs, Wild is 3 for 3.
None of what I say helps you I am sure, my browser is Firefox. When I failed with Wings and Ram I tried using Explorer, I should have tried Google Chrome, but I didn't cuz I got frustrated.
Actually, what you said did help. Trouble is, my POS PC froze early in the first download, then again during the second attempt. So now I have two partial downloads of the original album and evidently two strikes and you're out because the site now considers my code used. Not a big deal because my ipod can't handle these files anyway, but I sometimes listen to music on the PC if I just want background music. Still pisses me off, though. :mad:

Actually, what you said did help. Trouble is, my POS PC froze early in the first download, then again during the second attempt. So now I have two partial downloads of the original album and evidently two strikes and you're out because the site now considers my code used. Not a big deal because my ipod can't handle these files anyway, but I sometimes listen to music on the PC if I just want background music. Still pisses me off, though. :mad:

I know that feeling, when I did the 3 downloads of Wildlife the first froze and I had to reboot and of course I imagined the loss as the site would just show me as a successful download, but I tried again and I was able to get it plus the other two.
I know Paul himself doesn't have anything to do with these crappy ways of downloading but I would think he would have enough say to tell these company's to get there act together.

I'm not sure you can blame the company. There's different things to deal with in terms of how different browsers behave with code and various add ons being used. The file provider/caretaker said to download the files in a private/incognito window in Firefox or Chrome respectively with ad blockers and the like switched off. If you have a problem there's a contact section where you enter your download code you're having trouble with. Provide a link to the page you're having problems with, just in case. You may need to wait a few days for a response. You can't blame them for your PC freezing.

I'm not sure you can blame the company. There's different things to deal with in terms of how different browsers behave with code and various add ons being used. The file provider/caretaker said to download the files in a private/incognito window in Firefox or Chrome respectively with ad blockers and the like switched off. If you have a problem there's a contact section where you enter your download code you're having trouble with. Provide a link to the page you're having problems with, just in case. You may need to wait a few days for a response. You can't blame them for your PC freezing.

H'mm, let's see? I practically download music for a living, from various sites that I pay for, me and my friends also share files occasionally, which requires downloading, all with never a problem. When myself and other posters have the same experience with one Paul McCartney site, I believe 100% that I can blame the site and not my PC. If my PC is running perfect, and I do a Windows update and it fucks something up on my PC that takes me a 1/2 hour to correct, seems to me I would blame Windows update, not my PC.

I never blamed the site for my computer issues; hence my "POS PC reference". My computer gives me grief like clockwork. If I have a gripe here, it's the inability of the site to see that the download was not completed successfully and to keep the code valid until it is. I'm far from a computer expert, but I would think that's certainly within the capacity of the people that write these programs. I don't recall having any issues with the Ram downloads but that was a few years ago. Again, not the end of the world but it would have been nice to have this in high-res on my PC. Maybe I'll have better luck with Wild Life (when the price drops to $83).(y)

I practically download music for a living, from various sites that I pay for, me and my friends also share files occasionally, which requires downloading, all with never a problem.

Aren't they in a small way trying to prevent file sharing/access so they have by necessity a different, more restrictive, platform? Won't that introduce more potential problems then just having a straight link to a page where the downloads sit or a dedicated app/cloud based system? It appears to be a different company than some of the earlier albums. It rings a bell that some people, me included, struggled with at least one corrupt zip file with a previous provider for McCartney II.

Security through obfuscation isn't security at all; it just makes it more difficult for valid users to access their legally acquired content.
This is a small, competent community here and you can see the troubles that their method has created in trying to acquire your content; it is a piss poor method.

Aren't they in a small way trying to prevent file sharing/access so they have by necessity a different, more restrictive, platform? Won't that introduce more potential problems then just having a straight link to a page where the downloads sit or a dedicated app/cloud based system? It appears to be a different company than some of the earlier albums. It rings a bell that some people, me included, struggled with at least one corrupt zip file with a previous provider for McCartney II.

I don't know anything about your thoughts. I do know that Red Rose and Wild Life both had direct links and was super easy. Ram, Wings Over, etc had indirect links and was a pain in the ass. So that tells me they got complaints, like mine, and they changed, pretty simple. Done with this.

If I have a gripe here, it's the inability of the site to see that the download was not completed successfully and to keep the code valid until it is.

Have you contacted them? I'm confident they'll sort you out even though it may take a few working days. I had issues with the RRS download with the code expiring before I'd managed to download everything and they worked it out for me.

Have you contacted them? I'm confident they'll sort you out even though it may take a few working days. I had issues with the RRS download with the code expiring before I'd managed to download everything and they worked it out for me.
I did. I'm sure they'll try to make it right. Just a bit agitating is all. Now if I was trying to get a defective disc remedied (as I'm presently trying to do with Esoteric, without any luck), that would be a different story.

But I ain't paying no $100+ for no Wildlife Box Set.

(ref: "I ain't payin' fifty cents for no Coke") [QUIZ - What classic film is this line from? If you Google it, that's cheatin']

Darn it I had to google, I’m sure there’s a few peeps who know though...

If it was “I ain’t afraid of no ghost” I’d have got it! (Although is that even in the film?! :unsure:)

Last edited:
Back