Penteo 5 composer soft ware up mixer

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All
rustyandi has came across a peace of software that does 5.1 & Quad up mixing is this new or has someone already touched upon before.

penteo-5-composer-console.jpg

Penteo 5 Composer provides a powerful set of 5.1 surround upmixing tools that have been optimized for your VST or AU host system. Now composers can effortlessly make a 5.1 mix to go along with their stereo mix. Game design companies have a 5.1 workflow tool that can be embedded in game design. And sound designers get a surround mix of highest quality that is fully immersive with wide & discrete channel separation, while retaining the low frequency “slam” and front channel “punch.” Penteo delivers a clean upmix with no unwanted sonic artifacts because we do not introduce any phasing as part of our process. As a result, Penteo folds back 100% ITU to the original stereo track perfectly. Penteo 5 Composer also contains built-in presets to speed sound design workflows.

Nice to know it does still exist! I have followed the old Penteo threads since the begin, but all in a sudden, it disappeared... software probbly bought by some big major or whatever... never hoped to see it again.

Has anyone tried this new version? They offer a 14 day trial.

I couldn't because it requires the iLok 2 dongle, and I'm still on the "plain" iLok, but I did download the audio demo and it sounds rather promising.. From what I heard, the "Hard Center" setting was my favorite.

Anyone needs a kidney? :D

If I remember right the person who made it
Was voted out of his company
He was not happy

I had a cdr of one of the demo's in dolby 5.1 and it was quite impressive.

But the center hole cracked on the cdr rendering it useless.The selections were approx ea. 1 min and impressive for an upmix!(y)

I know it's a long-shot, but perhaps someone here has gone down this road.

I recently stumbled on my Penteo demo disc from years ago and was very impressed. So when I realized they had a VST version I gambled and bought it hoping to use it with Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo Ultra. Well it works, kinda. The VST loads and processes files. The results are quite good. However when I load the Penteo VST and select the VST Editor to get at the Penteo Control Panel (see first post in this thread) HD-Audio Solo Ultra crashes. But if I do not try to load the Penteo Control Panel the HD-Audio page shows the following settings (see attachments). So if I could figure out the code I could tweak the conversions. The most important setting would be Penteo Mode, which seems the least straightforward.

I contacted Cirlinca several weeks ago but have gotten no response. My only other path is trial and error.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Page1.jpgPage2.jpg

Please ignore above post. I took the time to play with it more last night and changing the numerical values has no effect on the output file. So I guess I'm stuck with the default values unless Cirlinca can figure out how to load the Penteo Editor.

Back