• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pictures Of Your Surround Collections - Please Share

Quad Linda

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, those are my SACD's. Although there may be a few that I forgot to list. :mad:@:

Yes, I didn't buy the Machine Head SACD because I assumed that it was the same as the DVD-A, which it isn't. Still, I've had that mix since early '73 on a UK SQ LP which is still mint. I wound up getting that a second and third time on the DVD-V and SQ CD in the UK Machine Head box.

Coincidentally, my Boyfriend's Daughter commented as we were walking through the mall today that "you own EVERY album in a surround mix!" "No", I answered. "Every album hasn't come out in a surround mix, and besides, I only buy ones by artists I like."

Holy Smokes!!!!! Are all 25 pages of that your SACDs and such???

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
The UK SACD is the best...... pure old school quad heaven....Analog master -> DSD...

Linda - you need it.. the 40th box just won't do.....

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
The UK SACD is the best...... pure old school quad heaven....Analog master -> DSD...

Linda - you need it.. the 40th box just won't do.....
I've seen a couple of copies in the last 6 months go for around the £20 mark, which isn't bad considering the crazy sums asked for it over the years. I would have bought them myself as traders and what not but I haven't got the houseroom to stockpile up any more stuff let alone any more duplicates! :mad:@:

if I see another DP MH UK SACD for sensible money I'll grab it & PM QL! :D

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score

Kal Rubinson

Reaction score
First part of the collection. 48Tb per box. Play with/from box on right. Mirror copy in box on left.

Attachments

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
First part of the collection. 48Tb per box. Play with/from box on right. Mirror copy in box on left.
Wow...I have a 2Tb WD MyCloudMirror I store conversions and ripped discs on and it still has 100+ Gb left.

48Tb is practically unlimited space even with lossless files. How much space do you have left?

Kal Rubinson

Reaction score
Wow...I have a 2Tb WD MyCloudMirror I store conversions and ripped discs on and it still has 100+ Gb left.

48Tb is practically unlimited space even with lossless files. How much space do you have left?
On the main NAS, I have room for 2 more 8Tb drives. OTOH, I still have lots of discs to rip.
More pix to come.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Reaction score
My audio, music video, concert and movie collection plus ISO backups:

Synology NAS with battery backup on left. The NAS currently has 3 x 10TB, 3 x 6TB and 6 x 4TB drives

Kal Rubinson

Reaction score

Synology NAS with battery backup on left. The NAS currently has 3 x 10TB, 3 x 6TB and 6 x 4TB drives
Your button is bigger than mine (audio only).:mad:@:

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score

Homer that is so awesome. I am getting there. But, so frustrated as my Intel NUC will not turn on after working perfectly for 2 months. Came home tonoght hit the Ipad JRiver remote to play some music, no NUC access , no big deal, put finger on NUC to reboot, done it before, turned off, and now will not turn back on. Geez, seems like my digital world wants to test me. Checked power supply. Checked Intel support, they said likely need a new one, and they said not a big deal, you have a 3 year warranty. I think, yeah right, it is a big deal. Oh well.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Reaction score
Homer that is so awesome. I am getting there. But, so frustrated as my Intel NUC will not turn on after working perfectly for 2 months. Came home tonoght hit the Ipad JRiver remote to play some music, no NUC access , no big deal, put finger on NUC to reboot, done it before, turned off, and now will not turn back on. Geez, seems like my digital world wants to test me. Checked power supply. Checked Intel support, they said likely need a new one, and they said not a big deal, you have a 3 year warranty. I think, yeah right, it is a big deal. Oh well.
They say if electronics is going to fail it does it early. Hopefully the new one will arrive soon and you are back up and running!

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone's Q4 collection that has been at it for 25 years or more. Maybe started back in 1975 but went crazy when eBay came online.

Any Quad Reel collections to send us over rainbow?