Pineapple Thief summer 2018 release Dissolution

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning Shed has the following as tracklists:
The 2 cds from the deluxe edition:

Album track list:
1. Not Naming Any Names [02:05]
2. Try As I Might [04:26]
3. Threatening War [06:37]
4. Uncovering Your Tracks [04:29]
5. All That You've Got [03:27]
6. Far Below [04:36]
7. Pillar of Salt [01:25]
8. White Mist [11:05]
9. Shed A Light [05:20]
DISC 2
1. Try As I Might (acoustic) [05:20]
2. Threatening War (acoustic) [03:51]
3. Far Below (acoustic) [04:18]
4. Not Naming Any Names (acoustic) [02:05]
5. White Mist (acoustic) [06:19]
6. Shed A Light (acoustic) [04:27]
7. Am I Better Now? [03:16]

and the blu ray

1. Not Naming Any Names [02:05]
2. Try As I Might [04:26]
3. Threatening War [06:37]
4. Uncovering Your Tracks [04:29]
5. All That You've Got [03:27]
6. Far Below [04:36]
7. Pillar of Salt [01:25]
8. White Mist [11:05]
9. Shed A Light [05:20]

Bonus tracks (24/96 hi-res stereo):
1. Try As I Might (acoustic) [05:20]
2. Threatening War (acoustic) [03:51]
3. Far Below (acoustic) [04:18]
4. Not Naming Any Names (acoustic) [02:05]
5. White Mist (acoustic) [06:19]
6. Shed A Light (acoustic) [04:27]
7. Am I Better Now? [03:16]

Bruce his acoustic tracks are always great, nice to see this again with the new album.

Is Cruise to the Edge some years ago the closest that these gents have been to a US tour?

Burning Shed has the following as tracklists:
The 2 cds from the deluxe edition:

and the blu ray

Bruce his acoustic tracks are always great, nice to see this again with the new album.

The information has been updated on Burning Shed to reflect the fact that both the main album and unplugged bonus album have both 5.1 surround and stereo audio streams.

:)

I was going to place an order for the deluxe edition until I listened to Far Below (just now), but after hearing it, I changed my mind. I don’t like it. I like the arrangement and GH’s drumming but that’s about it. The only album I have (and heard) by PT, other than Your Wilderness (which I love), is Magnolia and I don’t care much for that one. Though, I do like the bonus songs done acoustically. I may just pick up the single Blu-ray Disc once I hear what the rest of the album sounds like.

Pre-order up on amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Dissolution-Blu-ray-Pineapple-Thief/dp/B07DQ6HC2P/

Trust me, this is DEFINITELY an album you want in your collection.
Thanks for that! I went ahead and pre-ordered it even though I was being a bit cautious after hearing Far Below. This artist went out of their way to include a 5.1 Surround track plus extras and I’m happy to support that fact. I’m hoping that song will sound better after I receive the BD and listen to the rest of the album.

Thanks for that! I went ahead and pre-ordered it even though I was being a bit cautious after hearing Far Below. This artist went out of their way to include a 5.1 Surround track plus extras and I’m happy to support that fact. I’m hoping that song will sound better after I receive the BD and listen to the rest of the album.

It does. :)

A most anticipated release for me - liked the single on its own but suspected it would flow better in context with the whole album.

Getting Gavin on board has really upped Bruce's game (and it was pretty good as it was) - hard not to make that connection with Porcupine Tree as the music is different but not that far off the later PT stuff....picking up that torch.

Maybe if he got Mr Barbieri on board we could have The Porcupine Thief! ;):p

Nice to see him mention some USA shows coming next year, even if it's just a few.

Hell yeah. Saw him open for SW last year. He had great stage presence, and was quite funny throughout. I doubt TPT will be playing anywhere close to my location, but they're one I'd happily travel for.

Also, interesting to hear his thoughts on the pt/sw parallels.

Hell yeah. Saw him open for SW last year. He had great stage presence, and was quite funny throughout. I doubt TPT will be playing anywhere close to my location, but they're one I'd happily travel for.
Yeah, not likely to be playing here either. Since he mentioned Chicago and the west coast I can hope that maybe a stop in Denver in between could be a possibility - I'd make the drive up there for that.

Back