Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if wife will let me buy any box with an inflatable item inside :D

I was waiting for "batteries included" jokes, but they never came. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I just wanted to say thank you for the video post.

I think its a good sign that Waters prominently mentions the surround mix as the main feature for the reissue. (y)(y)(y)

My craziest dreams boxset for Animals would include:
- 5.1 mix and quad mix (if it ever was made)
- 77 tour soundboard/s
- Any footage that exists (there seems to be very few indeed)
- Cleaned up extraction tapes
- POTW with Snowy White's solo
All packaged in a couple of Blu-rays inside a box similar to the last couple of David's releases.

Or... the lunatics augmented edition, with The Wall, Animals and The Final Cut in 5.1. I don't think I need any other extras :)

I would totally buy that box! Hey Gilmour, take a cue from Fripp, it can be done!!!

I had always been wondering why Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions were planning to reissue 5.1 SACDs of "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" this year, but now if a 5.1 mix of "Animals" is coming, then it all makes a lot more sense to me now!

I predict an SACD release through Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions, along with a box set that hopefully contains high-res Blu-Ray.
(Hopefully it won't be just a DVD-V release because apparently James Guthrie hates DTS. Don't know why though. I can't understand why anyone would prefer Dolby Digital over DTS...)
Anyway, I will be among the first in line to get this!

:)

I wonder if this means James Gurthrie's LONG AGO announced 5.1 remix of the WALL has been abandoned? No updates on that, AFAIK. Pretty Strange, IMO.

As far as James Guthrie 'hating DTS....' I'm sure that ALSO includes Dolby Digital, as well, since they're both LOSSY codecs and he prefers LOSSLESS higher res SACD. And the same philosophy, I'm sure, also applies to Steve Wilson as all his OWN 5.1 remixes are now strictly BD~A and he's in the process of releasing his [and Porcupine Tree's] back catalogue into BD~A/V. [i.e. Arriving Somewhere https://www.deepdiscount.com/arriving-somewhere/802644853918]

At any rate, GREAT news about the upcoming 5.1 remix of ANIMALS. Long Live PF!

Last edited:
Sweet! But pleeease a stand alone option next to the obligatory supermassive mega box set.
If Rog is the driving force behind this release, that likely means Guthrie is mixing, which likely means he's using the Sonoma system which means DSD which means SACD very likely (as we saw with Wish You Were Here simultaneously alongside the Immersion DVD-V and Blu-ray).
Does this mean that meddle will get an official release as well eventually though Europe and America may meet again due to tectonic movement before then
I doubt it. Roger is the one who objected to its release as he had not been consulted during or after. I don't think that particular mix will see an official release prior to Roger's death.

Great news! (Don't tell Q-Eight though):)

Yeah!! That guy is such a DORK! He doesn't..... HEY! Waitaminit here. That's me! :unsure:
I might be in if this comes with the alleged/unreleased Quad mix. Might be cool to hear. IIRC there's a couple more upbeat songs on this album, not just 38 minutes of tape hiss with the occasional distant radio broadcast in one speaker. (Seriously! I thought my WYWH Q8 tape had been recorded over!!) :poop:

Excellent news! :LB

Sounds like it’s pretty much done if the artwork is already sorted for it. Think it will be a 5.1 SACD as well....

I can’t wait to see Roger Waters this summer! :cool:

Last edited:
Back