Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and for those of us here in the USA who are jealous of the Europeans who get to see Nick Mason's new band, Billboard is now reporting that Nick is considering bringing his band to the States:

Depending on how the European tour goes, Mason isn't ruling out Saucerful of Secrets playing some dates in the United States -- something he says his new group would love to do. “What I underestimated was the enthusiasm, not of the audience, but of the band,” Mason says. “Pink Floyd was always enthusiastic, but not like this lot is now. Everyone wants to do everything: 'We want to go to America.' 'We want to go to South America.' 'What about Peru?' (laughs). It's like a travel agency.”

Going back on topic, when shall we expect an announcement? Early September for an October release? @rontoon, do you have any insight that you are allowed to share? Just wink an eye if I'm any close to the real dates.
Jokes apart, we have no guarantee that this is going to happen this year, do we?

Going back on topic, when shall we expect an announcement? Early September for an October release? @rontoon, do you have any insight that you are allowed to share? Just wink an eye if I'm any close to the real dates.
Jokes apart, we have no guarantee that this is going to happen this year, do we?
I only heard what I originally heard - a 4th quarter release. But these things are sometimes moving targets bound to change especially considering this band's politics.

I hope this is still happening.
I guess if we don't hear anything by the end of this month, then that probably means it's delayed.

:oops:
They could actually be looking for material to include in the release. I guess the Nak recordings may have all been open air recordings and not from the soundboard. In any case, none of these live recordings may be deemed worthy of release. Hopefully they'll pay attention to the Animals work-in-progress tracks I sent them.

They could actually be looking for material to include in the release. I guess the Nak recordings may have all been open air recordings and not from the soundboard. In any case, none of these live recordings may be deemed worthy of release. Hopefully they'll pay attention to the Animals work-in-progress tracks I sent them.

For some reason I thought this was going to be more of a bare bones SACD release rather than an Immersion set. Is that possible since there were SACD's of DSOTM and WYWH along with the Immersions?

Damn. I hope it’s not delayed like Amused to Death. I’ve really been looking forward to this more than any other release

I’ve got a silver pressed bootleg of them recording the album as well as a second DVD-A disc from the same set that has the album in 5.1 and it all sounds AWESOME!!! Just came out a couple of months ago. You’ll need to search it out yourselves from your normal suppliers. I heard they were EXTREMELY difficult to get.....I was one of the lucky ones😀

I’ve got a silver pressed bootleg of them recording the album as well as a second DVD-A disc from the same set that has the album in 5.1 and it all sounds AWESOME!!! Just came out a couple of months ago. You’ll need to search it out yourselves from your normal suppliers. I heard they were EXTREMELY difficult to get.....I was one of the lucky ones😀
What on earth are you referring to?

It would be great if you could post some pics of the disc and even greater if you could post some waveforms of the 5.1. And the icing on the cake would be a snippet of the audio!

Back