Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right up my alley(y):smokin

DOGGIE-PF.jpg

I can only say I preferred it to the original US. I've never heard the UK
The original US pressing is awful.

Well, the 1st UK pressing is better than that 2011 CD edition. So I guess that kind of answers my question? Hmmm...
I was often impressed with Japanese pressings as a rule though. I believe the Japanese pressing I have of Piper stereo is the best I've heard. Not a big fan of the stereo remix next to the mono mix though.

I am very wary of posting any release updates because I'm currently batting a big ZERO around here with Animals. Even with my reliable sources things... keep... changing. A friend just contacted me writing that Animals will be released in June 2019 as a box set and standalone SACD. Is my source reliable? I'd give this guy a 50% probability of being right so take this with more than a grain of salt.

Well, the 1st UK pressing is better than that 2011 CD edition. So I guess that kind of answers my question? Hmmm...
I was often impressed with Japanese pressings as a rule though. I believe the Japanese pressing I have of Piper stereo is the best I've heard. Not a big fan of the stereo remix next to the mono mix though.

I don't have the 2011 CD, so I can't say if I think the Japan vinyl is as good or not.

I didn't care for the original CD much. Except to say that it IS the type of album where surface noise and ticks and pops are more annoying than others. So I should probably check out the 2011 at some point. But, honestly, it's not an album I have played for many years.

I think I'll hold out for the 5.1. lol

I am very wary of posting any release updates because I'm currently batting a big ZERO around here with Animals. Even with my reliable sources things... keep... changing. A friend just contacted me writing that Animals will be released in June 2019 as a box set and standalone SACD. Is my source reliable? I'd give this guy a 50% probability of being right so take this with more than a grain of salt.
Thanks Ron for keeping us updated! Much appreciated

Ron,

Your word, and your updates, are always welcome here, and taken with great respect - from me. You have the cred.
Info like this is always subject to the whims of bean counters and wacked out artists. You can't be held responsible for things like that.

Batting a thousand is impossible with this band! The drama between the camps and the massive amounts of Money...Thanks, a box set is interesting.

This is the release strategy that I have been saying all along, so I hope this continues to be the case, cause I want a box set with Blu-Ray!

Can't wait for this summer!

:)

I have an Original pressing but through a record Club I believe Columbia House (I'll have to check it out) it has always sounded good.

This is the release strategy that I have been saying all along, so I hope this continues to be the case, cause I want a box set with Blu-Ray!

Can't wait for this summer!

:)

I want both of them.....🤑

My wife is going to freak out even more, never liked the album but is my favorite Floyd. Could be our/her first listen was after partaking in a special blend tobacco, dogs, pigs and sheep were everywhere......🐩🐺🐷🐖🐑🐏

Last edited:
Back