Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acoustic Sounds is rather boutique-ish and the shipping is painfully expensive (10 dollar minimum, no matter what you order) but in return you get quality packing and set-your-watch-to-it 3 day arrival time for even basic shipping. Best to order in batches (over 89 dollars, I seem to recall, is free shipping). Hey, it's nearly Christmas, I'm sure you can fill your personal stocking for over 89 dollars :unsure:

edit: I'm also impressed by AS's customer service. When everyone received the regular OCTOPUS cd instead of the surround (a shipping error from the manufactorer), they paid for return shipping and paid the shipping for the replacement to arrive. Also, on the phone, I've had good experiences (like when I had a pre-order where the credit card had expired and had to be replaced).

Thanks Hal. Do pre orders count towards the $89?

Newbie here, been reading for years! First time trying to buy from AS. I live in North Carolina and when I started the pre order and checked on shipping the least expensive was just under $20! That seems unbelievably high...any way around this? Thanks.

Dan

Welcome to the forum:hi..if you want a single item call Acoustic Sounds and ask them if you can have it shipped via Media Mail...

Exactly why I prefer physical copies (although they sometimes get misplaced and I find myself in a tizzy for an hour looking for them and have even bought dupes before <shame>).

I know what you mean. I misplaced my DVD-A of Anathema's We're Here Because We're Here. I couldn't find it for months. How can one lose a 7" square package? Turned out it had fallen behind some books...the grandkids' doing? Who knows.

Thanks Clint. Will they do that for pre orders?

Well...that's an unknown...it's been done before on in stock items....and due to the computer software they might not be able to do it in advance...let me mention something since you are now a member...there are members on here that might part with their copies because they have already "ripped" the music and no longer need the actual disc...would that work for you or are you the "collector" type and want a pristine copy?...since you are now a member of this online "family"...it does have it's perks...there are many great members here who might be able to sell you a copy at a reasonable price...plus keep in mind that the secondary markets(Ebay and discogs) will have to drop their prices to unload these titles....a lot could transpire in the next few months....my advice...don't panic and run to Acoustic Sounds because it appears to be the only game in town....there will be other options...

Maybe somebody will see your post and PM you with an offer for this title.....stay strong:D...and welcome:dance

Well...that's an unknown...it's been done before on in stock items....and due to the computer software they might not be able to do it in advance...let me mention something since you are now a member...there are members on here that might part with their copies because they have already "ripped" the music and no longer need the actual disc...would that work for you or are you the "collector" type and want a pristine copy?...since you are now a member of this online "family"...it does have it's perks...there are many great members here who might be able to sell you a copy at a reasonable price...plus keep in mind that the secondary markets(Ebay and discogs) will have to drop their prices to unload these titles....a lot could transpire in the next few months....my advice...don't panic and run to Acoustic Sounds because it appears to be the only game in town....there will be other options...

Maybe somebody will see your post and PM you with an offer for this title.....stay strong:D...and welcome:dance

Ha, great post! I don't mind used if it's in great shape. Is the Analogue Productions the only one out there? If not, is it the best version?

Well, there was the guy who wanted to pay Quadzilla $25 for his copy...the original price ignoring the supply/demand aspect. hahaha
Since I have the Immersion box, I'm not sure why I'm holding onto the SACD version....send me a pm is you want.

Ya know John I'm not sure a new member has the capability to send PMs until they reach a certain number of posts....I could be wrong about it...

We'll see, Doctor I sent you a message. .....hey, you're a doctor, you can afford it!
Avocados, makes my breakfast burrito sound positively decadent.

Oh John...I love avocados...I mean LOVE them...I eat them everyday....envision this....organic minestrone soup...200 grams of avocados...1 oz mexican corn chips...I organic egg(sunny side up in the soup)...the trick is to leave the avocados in a separate bowl and chilled and pour the "warm" soup over them...

I contacted AS about this and this was their reply...

Good morning Dan,

We're happy to accommodate shipping via USPS Media Mail any time -- on the checkout page, there's a box where you can enter special shipping instructions. In that box, type "Please ship via Media Mail" and we'll make the change when your order is processed. If paying by credit card, you will be pre-authorized for the order total plus Fed Ex shipping, but then you'll only be charged for the Media Mail rate when your order ships (It's typically $10-$13 cheaper). If paying by PayPal, you'll be charged the Fed Ex amount but we can still change it and refund the difference back to you.

You'll be happy to know we are beta testing a new cart on our website right now, and in the near future you'll be able to select this option yourself without having to type anything in the special shipping instructions.

...That's good to know.

I contacted AS about this and this was their reply...

Good morning Dan,

We're happy to accommodate shipping via USPS Media Mail any time -- on the checkout page, there's a box where you can enter special shipping instructions. In that box, type "Please ship via Media Mail" and we'll make the change when your order is processed. If paying by credit card, you will be pre-authorized for the order total plus Fed Ex shipping, but then you'll only be charged for the Media Mail rate when your order ships (It's typically $10-$13 cheaper). If paying by PayPal, you'll be charged the Fed Ex amount but we can still change it and refund the difference back to you.

You'll be happy to know we are beta testing a new cart on our website right now, and in the near future you'll be able to select this option yourself without having to type anything in the special shipping instructions.

...That's good to know.

I suspected it was a software issue...I think Acoustic Sounds has been forced to be more competitive with their shipping costs...of course they will still remain higher than most outlets on their items for sale...thus trying to keep the "appearance" of being a "high end" boutique type outlet...IMO...you have better options on here to explore...Acoustic Sounds will probably charge you around $6 for media mail...so you will have over $40 invested...

Oh John...I love avocados...I mean LOVE them...I eat them everyday....envision this....organic minestrone soup...200 grams of avocados...1 oz mexican corn chips...I organic egg(sunny side up in the soup)...the trick is to leave the avocados in a separate bowl and chilled and pour the "warm" soup over them...[/QUOTE]

Apparently we now need an adjunct website: QuadraphonicQuisine.com

What if someone put up listings on ebay undercutting the prices now and in tiny print state must take delivery after December 29th. Yee hee hee. Buy as many as you can preorder sell now and deliver after the 29th of December.:giggle:

Back