Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that both Surround SACDs are out of print at the moment and some PF and Surround SACD fans may not own copies, a reissue makes a lot of sense.

Much as Acoustic Sounds did with the Creedence Clearwater Revival SACDs. They were reissued after going out of print ($30 each), along with a release on Stereo DSD Download ($24.98 each).
That was a successful move for Acoustic Sounds sales-wise. I'm sure this one will be as well.
Yea, makes sense. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to buy them again.:)

That might be the case. Will have to wait until the release date draws closer to learn more on what is planned.
I can't imagine these are anything but represses of the existing masters. If you have the previous SACD releases, chances are the only thing you might be missing out on is some new packaging/artwork (but nothing brand-new from the dearly departed Storm Thorgerson).

OK, I am totally losing my mind. I saw this thread and I thought...wait a minute...don't I already own this??? So, I go to my NAS drive...and huh? It's not there......so I go to my shelf....and....there it is. SACD of Wish You Were Here.

Um.....what's the deal? lmao....
I realize I sometimes get confused about all this stuff...but I don't get it. (I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

Which frightens the hell out of me by the way.

(I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

Exactly why I prefer physical copies (although they sometimes get misplaced and I find myself in a tizzy for an hour looking for them and have even bought dupes before <shame>).

OK, I am totally losing my mind. I saw this thread and I thought...wait a minute...don't I already own this??? So, I go to my NAS drive...and huh? It's not there......so I go to my shelf....and....there it is. SACD of Wish You Were Here.

Um.....what's the deal? lmao....
I realize I sometimes get confused about all this stuff...but I don't get it. (I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

It's easy to miss some titles...I don't think you have a drive problem...

So I suppose they won't be releasing a 5.1 hybrid SACD of Animals, then. Acoustic Sounds usually announce titles well in advance....and then the never-ending countdown .... begins:eek:

I cringe everytime I see prices like this and think of Marshall....I wish he would have made it:(

Clinty, I saw that at Acoustic Sounds and smirked. Someday, those AF titles will also command astronomical eBay prices, as well. Which points to: Buy 'em upon release or suffer the consequences. ALL Hi Res 5.1/4.0 releases are LIMITED EDITIONS, irregardless of format!

Newbie here, been reading for years! First time trying to buy from AS. I live in North Carolina and when I started the pre order and checked on shipping the least expensive was just under $20! That seems unbelievably high...any way around this? Thanks.

Dan

Newbie here, been reading for years! First time trying to buy from AS. I live in North Carolina and when I started the pre order and checked on shipping the least expensive was just under $20! That seems unbelievably high...any way around this? Thanks.

Dan

Acoustic Sounds is rather boutique-ish and the shipping is painfully expensive (10 dollar minimum, no matter what you order) but in return you get quality packing and set-your-watch-to-it 3 day arrival time for even basic shipping. Best to order in batches (over 89 dollars, I seem to recall, is free shipping). Hey, it's nearly Christmas, I'm sure you can fill your personal stocking for over 89 dollars :unsure:

edit: I'm also impressed by AS's customer service. When everyone received the regular OCTOPUS cd instead of the surround (a shipping error from the manufactorer), they paid for return shipping and paid the shipping for the replacement to arrive. Also, on the phone, I've had good experiences (like when I had a pre-order where the credit card had expired and had to be replaced).

Exactly why I prefer physical copies (although they sometimes get misplaced and I find myself in a tizzy for an hour looking for them and have even bought dupes before <shame>).

+1 - I’ve bought dupes before, including buying a dupe of Aqualung that I had already purchased the day before and forgot about 🙄

Back