Pink Floyd - How to Make Discs From MKV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Duncan, DVDAE cannot convert the full DTS MA to FLAC, only the core part. This explains why you have only 48kHz files.

Better option is to direct demux the files. This gives you the full DTS MA files. After that you can use Audiomuxer to convert to FLAC. Perhaps this solves the missing centre channel as well, assuming htere should be anything in the centre channel.

Or you can use Foobar2000 with its DTS Decoder plug-in to do the same (if you have or use Foobar already). Foobar is faster than AudioMuxer.

You probably have not checked the decrypt box when you used MakeMKV.

To be sure, you used MakeMKV to create a back up of the BDA right? When the decrypt box is checked, you should not have any bd+ protection in dvd audio extractor. At least I never encountered this.

Also, did you remove the BDA from the tray? Other wise DVDAE still looks for the BDA first, instead of the files.

Thank, once I checked the decrypt box it work. So far I have the files as WAV, now I'm going to use Burn to create the disc. I also thought that it was great that I was able to pull the album in 24/96 stereo for my harddrive.

To be sure, you used MakeMKV to create a back up of the BDA right? When the decrypt box is checked, you should not have any bd+ protection in dvd audio extractor. At least I never encountered this.

Also, did you remove the BDA from the tray? Other wise DVDAE still looks for the BDA first, instead of the files.

Thank you. First time I ran MakeMkV I ended up with the 550mb DTS 24/48 file, Ok but not perfect Then I ran MakeMKV again this time in Backup mode, when I opened the Stream file I ended with the boxes with blue clapperboards in them, that didn't work, so I ran another Backup this time checking the Decrypt box, bingo the clapperboards are now film stills, dragged the Meddle file onto an NFTS formatted USB stick so now I have Meddle in the full 96k stereo and 5.1 :banana:

My problem now is converting to Flac. DVDae will not work for me, all I get is the message " DVDae encountered a problem blah blah" I tried with the disc, the disc out, nothing....It's not the end of the world but I would like to make a stereo CD to listen to in the car, this new version knocks the old one out of the park, I'd also like to make a 5.1 Blu-ray or two for friends.. Time for some research...any tips would be appreciated..Much obliged.

Thank you. First time I ran MakeMkV I ended up with the 550mb DTS 24/48 file, Ok but not perfect Then I ran MakeMKV again this time in Backup mode, when I opened the Stream file I ended with the boxes with blue clapperboards in them, that didn't work, so I ran another Backup this time checking the Decrypt box, bingo the clapperboards are now film stills, dragged the Meddle file onto an NFTS formatted USB stick so now I have Meddle in the full 96k stereo and 5.1 :banana:

My problem now is converting to Flac. DVDae will not work for me, all I get is the message " DVDae encountered a problem blah blah" I tried with the disc, the disc out, nothing....It's not the end of the world but I would like to make a stereo CD to listen to in the car, this new version knocks the old one out of the park, I'd also like to make a 5.1 Blu-ray or two for friends.. Time for some research...any tips would be appreciated..Much obliged.
Hi Deek, after you have created the decrypted MKV, you can use Audiomuxer as Atrocity descriped. I personally use DVDAE in direct demux mode first. As this gives the possibility to access the freedb to get track names. Lazy I know ;)

This will give you DTS MA files which Audiomuxer can convert to FLAC.

Slightly out of topic, but it's been reported at SHF and same happens to me: Dark Side Immersion bluray has suddenly stopped working. My Oppo does not recognise the disk.
Can you check yours?

Slightly out of topic, but it's been reported at SHF and same happens to me: Dark Side Immersion bluray has suddenly stopped working. My Oppo does not recognise the disk.
Can you check yours?

I just checked mine after seeing all the posts about it and fortunately mine still works on my PS3 first gen.
I bought the immersion box since it came out.
So just in case, I'm backing up the BD as I write this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used MakeMkv and made an copy, next I used DVDAE and grabbed the surround files. My question is do I output each channel as a separate file for each track or as one file for each track? What file format do I output the tracks as WAV, AIFF? I've done this for Stereo track but never for surround.
Initially, I output combined the channels into one file and output it as WAV but when I created a disc using BURN the tracks were there but they were empty.
Please help

Can you check yours?

I haven't tried it in a player, but mine read OK in a computer-connected drive. I was able to make a backup and stick it in the box along with the original.

Tons of people are having problems with that Floyd bluray. The original process must have been compromised. You really don't hear much about bluray rot but the format is relatively new.

I collect disc golf discs which are plastic and I have a few that are nearly thirty years old that have completely deteriorated. Nearly all are fine but a few were obviously manufactured wrong and the mixture of the materials were out of proportion. A few CDs I have are like that too...

I got the box set on Friday and would really like to listen to the 5.1 mix of Meddle. I need a few basic, and likely stupid, questions answered.

My computer only has a DVD drive. Do I need a bluray drive to extract these files to MAKEMKV? Or is there a way to transfer the files from the bluray disc to my computer using my Oppo player via USB connection?

I got the box set on Friday and would really like to listen to the 5.1 mix of Meddle. I need a few basic, and likely stupid, questions answered.

My computer only has a DVD drive. Do I need a bluray drive to extract these files to MAKEMKV? Or is there a way to transfer the files from the bluray disc to my computer using my Oppo player via USB connection?

I think the only way is to get an external blu ray drive.
Once you ripped it, you may send it back?! ;)

Hi,

I must be blind, but I cannot find the decrypt option in makemkv. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Edit: just found the option!
However, when trying to rip individually the title to get a single mkv file with 5.1 and stereo options, I always end up with DTS at 48k and LPCM stereo at 96k. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I must be blind, but I cannot find the decrypt option in makemkv. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Edit: just found the option!
However, when trying to rip individually the title to get a single mkv file with 5.1 and stereo options, I always end up with DTS at 48k and LPCM stereo at 96k. What am I doing wrong?
You need to choose the Backup option (the small yellow folder) not the choose files option, or something like that.

Same thing, I run the backup with the decrypt option enabled and I only get the 48k DTS core. Help!

Same thing, I run the backup with the decrypt option enabled and I only get the 48k DTS core. Help!

I don't have this disc and I assume it has a 96/24 DTS track.

MakeMKV Disc backup retains all info (lossless). The tool you are using to convert to FLAC can only do DTS Core. If you are using DVDAE then you need to set the output to Demux which produces a DTS-HDMA stream, then use something like Foobar to convert to 96/24 FLAC.

Or use MakeMKV to convert a single Title to MKV including the 96/24 track then Audiomuxer to convert MKV to FLAC at 96/24.

Back