HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - THE DIVISION BELL

• Total voters
I just snagged a copy. Acoustic Sounds has limited stock of the box set containing the 5.1 on Blu-ray. I was a huge Floyd fan as a teenager in the early to mid-80s, but had lost interest in the band by the time this album came out. This is the only Pink Floyd studio album I've never listened to. I don't recall ever hearing any songs from it. Can't wait to crank it up!

I also had lost interest in Pink Floyd by the time this came out. Don't believe I even heard any cuts on the radio or MTV. Was very surprised how good the songs were when I bought the boxed set for the blu-ray in 5.1. Surround mix is great too. I think you'll be very happy with it.

I just snagged a copy. Acoustic Sounds has limited stock of the box set containing the 5.1 on Blu-ray. I was a huge Floyd fan as a teenager in the early to mid-80s, but had lost interest in the band by the time this album came out. This is the only Pink Floyd studio album I've never listened to. I don't recall ever hearing any songs from it. Can't wait to crank it up!

You are in for a real treat. Its a great album, the last one with Richard Wright, not counting Endless River, which is basically the out takes from Division Bell anyway. I hope at some point they will remix and re-release A Momentary Lapse of Reason in 5.1 hi res as well.

You are in for a real treat. Its a great album, the last one with Richard Wright, not counting Endless River, which is basically the out takes from Division Bell anyway. I hope at some point they will remix and re-release A Momentary Lapse of Reason in 5.1 hi res as well.
Oh God, me too!! I adore that album.......it holds a special place for me....it was released the year I got married...so the wife and I played this one on my new stereo....in our new apartment......WOW! Memories....and, for me...a great album. I can just hear the boat rocking and creaking in the rear channels.

I would buy both Division Bell and Momentary Lapse in 5.1, but I can't justify the price tag for those box sets. I hope they eventually do a SACD release or something comparable.

In addition to the box set, The Division Bell was issued as a stand alone DVD-V with DTS (24/96, I think). It sounded great and was very reasonably priced. You might be able to pick one up cheaply on the used market. A Momentary Lapse of Reason was never released in 5.1.

Oh God, me too!! I adore that album.......it holds a special place for me....it was released the year I got married...so the wife and I played this one on my new stereo....in our new apartment......WOW! Memories....and, for me...a great album. I can just hear the boat rocking and creaking in the rear channels.

Yeah. I named my first boat. One Slip

I'll chime in with a memory: I got my Divi Bell DVD from PF's UK website. I missed out on what I'm guessing was the first batch but managed to get one in a second batch. Not sure if there were any subsequent batches. It was pretty cheap too.

They're going for ~$100 now? Crazy. PF could be getting in on some of that sweet money action if they'd only keep their shelves stocked with spinny plastic or WAVs/FLACs.

2374708c0327ce8008c663adbfacad6c.jpg

I found it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post your review! It'll be really interesting to hear your opinion - you'll be coming to it totally fresh and from the 5.1 perspective too.

So that DVD is just the 5.1 mix in lossy formats?
And, I just ran the dynamic range application...here's what I got;

foobar2000 1.4.1 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2018-12-13 12:55:36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: PINK FLOYD / The Division Bell-DTS 5.1 Surround Mix-48KHz 24-bit-FLAC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -1.69 dB -25.79 dB 5:53 01-Cluster One
DR13 -0.12 dB -17.98 dB 4:24 02-What Do You Want From Me
DR13 -0.18 dB -19.23 dB 7:03 03-Poles Apart
DR13 -0.30 dB -18.99 dB 5:31 04-Marooned
DR12 0.00 dB -19.42 dB 4:15 05-A Great Day For Freedom
DR13 -0.06 dB -19.29 dB 6:49 06-Wearing The Inside Out
DR12 -0.37 dB -18.95 dB 6:22 07-Take It Back
DR12 -0.11 dB -20.01 dB 6:10 08-Coming Back To Life
DR12 -0.43 dB -18.60 dB 6:11 09-Keep Talking
DR12 -0.85 dB -21.30 dB 5:15 10-Lost For Words
DR14 -0.94 dB -21.77 dB 8:32 11-High Hopes

Number of tracks: 11
Official DR value: DR13

Samplerate: 48000 Hz
Channels: 6
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 3627 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Back